Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT R360 - Players react to news

HapHaszard

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/dec/17/players-react-to-news/

Just got back upstairs from the locker room, where Redskins players weighed in on Vinny Cerrato's resignation.

Coach Jim Zorn told the team during their morning meeting and it wasn't brought up again according to the players.

Some reaction:

London Fletcher: "Right now, we’re a 4-9 football team and had extremely high expectations and for one reason or another, we have not lived up to the expectations we had for ourselves and Mr. Snyder had for us and everyone else as well. When you don’t live up to the expxectations, there’s going to be change and unfortunately, there’s been a change with the general manager."

Rock Cartwright: "I was kind of surprised but at the same time, it’s bittersweet because Vinny’s been around here a long time and I’ve been here for my whole career. There have been times he made decisions that a lot of people didn’t agree with but he’s the head man. I wish him the best and hopefully I don’t see him down the road."

click on the link above for the rest of the article

What exactly did rock mean by hopefully not seeing him down the road? That he doesn't join him in leaving the team or that hopefully he never has to work with him again? In most cases I'd believe its the first but with Vinny you never know.

Never mind, I just read the full article and he confirms it's the latter lol.

In an audio clip on 980, Rock also said that Cerrato decided who played and who got paid. Hmmm.

Well, it WAS part of his job to determine "who got paid"...the "who played" part is questionable at best. Rock might just be wanting to find a scapegoat for both his reduced playing time and the Skins' reluctance to make him a generous offer during his recent testing of the FA waters.

For those of you too lazy to click the link lol...

Rock only meant it as he hopes Vinny isn't part of an opposing team that the Skins meet "down the road"...nothing more.

I highly doubt that. He said "with" not "against". He also was speaking of himself, and not the team. Sounds like a clear jab to me.

Rogers is really lobbying to get out of here...

Carlos Rogers: "I really have no reaction. You know you can’t ask me that. It’s something to do with the front office and I stay away from that. We don’t know the insight of what’s upstairs. I heard his contract was up."

On if the Bruce Allen hiring will be followed -- as has been rumored -- by a Jon Gruden hiring:

"Didn't you hear me say I was surprised when I came in this morning? I don't make these decisions; I play middle linebacker."

London Fletcher. Heart and sole of this team.

Carlos Rogers: "I really have no reaction. You know you can’t ask me that. It’s something to do with the front office and I stay away from that. We don’t know the insight of what’s upstairs. I heard his contract was up."

Fantastic. He's utter garbage.

Hey Carlito, put your lower lip over your head and swallow!!

Archived