Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unfortunate Event

daddys little skins fan

I emailed her multiple links giving weather forecasts for various points along her route: St. Louis, Indianapolis, Columbus, Wheeling, and DC. I told her - what she should do, at best, is hole up in Ohio until Sunday, because if she tried to cross the W VA state line during the snow storm driving a friggin' Saturn, she's gonna wind up in trouble.

So she leaves late Friday from Springfield. Drives up through St Louis and crosses the Indiana state line and gets a hotel. This morning she's back on the road. She drives straight across Indiana and Ohio. And what does she do? Continues on into West Virginia. :doh:

We get a call that goes like this:

"I don't know what happened... I was driving along and it was a LITTLE icy, and then suddenly my car did a 180 and we were in a ditch. :(

"... and I didn't know what to do! And then suddenly this hillbilly guy in a old pickup truck pulled up, connected a chain, and pulled me out! I tried to give him money and he said 'Don't worry about it. All I ask is root for the Mountaneers, remember Jesus loves you, and remember there's no such thing as global warming.' And he drove off."

You can't make this stuff up.

So now she's in Charleston in a hotel. She'll finish the trip tomorrow.

Yoooo. Don't falsely quote me!!! I did know what to do and I never used the term "hillbilly".

But it did happen quite similarly to that. Though I didn't have money, I did ask for his address so I could send him a Christmas present. He refused, unfortunately. But he did ask if I supported Green Peace. I said yeah. But then he told me not to, because he was a coal miner and said, referring to the snow, "there's no such thing as global warming". I thanked him a couple more times and he told me to cheer for the mountaineers and remember that jesus died on the cross for me and he loves me. Sweeeet.

So, Thank you for saving my @ss, Chris the Coal Mining Angel.

But it did happen quite similarly to that. Though I didn't have money, I did ask for his address so I could send him a Christmas present. He refused, unfortunately. But he did ask if I supported Green Peace. I said yeah. But then he told me not to, because he was a coal miner and said, referring to the snow, "there's no such thing as global warming". I thanked him a couple more times and he told me to cheer for the mountaineers and remember that jesus died on the cross for me and he loves me. Sweeeet.

So, Thank you for saving my @ss, Chris the Coal Mining Angel.

So, I take it you are dropping Green Peace now and becoming more religious? :D

Great story!! Aside from the weather, the car should be fine, from the description. As long as you're a careful driver in the first place, the absence of a side mirror shouldn't be a problem. There's always the main rearview and the other side mirror to tell what's coming up behind you. If you're changing lanes, just be extra cautious. (And this won't be hard because every time you go to look in that mirror, you'll be reminded that IT ISN't THERE)

Archived