Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 2010 Season Crystal Ball Thread

MARK PHILLIPS

My ball is way to foggy right now. I'm trying to look ahead to next season, but cant seem to comprehend what our team will look like from top to bottom.

I dont know if any of you can.

One week i feel like a complete overhaul is necessary, the next, im leaning towards keeping the same group intact.

I know all of you guys have an opinion on whats going to happen with this franchise heading into next season, but can you realistically predict anything right now? I cant.

Whatever direction the Redskins choose to take, i dont think i'll be surprised by anything.

I think this may be the biggest offseason in Snyders' tenure.

If any of you out there feel the same way or have an opinion, would love to hear it.

I see one of two things - either a new general manager, or a significant upheaval in season ticket holders.

agreed.

I'll have no issue using my season ticket money on something else in 2010. A NFL sunday ticket and the rest towards the entertainment center in my living room isn't a bad investment.

I pull out the crystal ball when I don't have time to gather enough information. I saw something in the New Orleans game. I saw a terrible OLine put it together for several drives. I watched Devin Thomas suddenly figure out why he was here. I saw Fred Davis run the route like he knew what he was doing instead of blindly going downfield. I saw Campbell getting pressure and getting hit but not going with the immediate dumpoff. I saw him throw downfield with some air under the ball and let the receiver make a play.

I've got 4 games to watch this team, one of those games against Dallas. You generally start the next year the way you finished the previous year, which is why I thought 3-13 without any OLine change was a good guess after the OLine-less draft. But I'm going to look at the last 4 games, not as wins/losses, but to see if this team has potential. All I know is, I would like to see the team that lost Saturday play again with a couple of upgrades on the OLine and see what happens.

I'm probably gonna take some stick here but here goes..............

It's pretty nailed on we will have a new head coach. I like Zorn. I think he has been unlucky at times as the team has. I think he was promoted to fast to soon and was not given support. A new head coach needs an experienced OC. I recently got a promotion in work. I found it hard. To have been given a double promotion without immediate support from underneath. That would have been to hard. Greg Williams has turned the Saints D around. I don't know, maybe we could do worse.

At QB I can see Campbell returning. His market value is pretty low at the moment. Free agent wise who better is there out there? Or we draft someone. Pay them a huge salary and wait for them to develop. Better draft a good prospect later and pay them less and let them develop.

RB. Has got old and injured all of a sudden. Serviceable backs are plentiful in this league and this is probably the easiest position to upgrade in a hurry.

WR/TE I see signs of improvement here. I dont think we need to worry to much. They are getting better.

OL Needs an upgrade. However they have played much better of late. We completely overhauled the DL in one off season. I can see this being addressed in a big way.

DL most improved unit. I can only see these guys getting better.

Linebacker needs a look at London wont be here for ever and we need a new dominant middle linebacker.

Secondary very hit and miss. When they are good they are very good. When they are bad they are awful. The tone is set with Landry when he is in the game so is the secondary. If he is up to his tricks we get burned. CAn't make my mind up on these. Tryon is coming on a treat but Smoot is aging and Los may be gone.

Special teams. We have serviceable special teams but need some explosion in the return game and a kicker who can kick PATs in the clutch.

The cupbpoard is not as bare as some people think. I know the reason we are so upset is that we hang in there most weeks and find crazy ways of losing. This has been going on for a couple of seaons.

One year our luck will change. Our injury situation will be minor and the officials will see it from our point of view. Then we go on a roll.

Mind you im probably dreaming.

HAIL

2. a new quarterback will be starting

It's typical Redskins to have a QB get replaced 4 games after a career day... Hell Campbell probably will have monster games the next 4, and we will keep him only for him to go back to the same ole JC... And if we trade/release him, he'll keep up the pace and we'll look like idiots...

It's typical Redskins to have a QB get replaced 4 games after a career day... Hell Campbell probably will have monster games the next 4, and we will keep him only for him to go back to the same ole JC... And if we trade/release him, he'll keep up the pace and we'll look like idiots...

Did you lose a sig bet or are you just trolling?

My ball is way to foggy right now. I'm trying to look ahead to next season, but cant seem to comprehend what our team will look like from top to bottom.

I dont know if any of you can.

One week i feel like a complete overhaul is necessary, the next, im leaning towards keeping the same group intact.

I know all of you guys have an opinion on whats going to happen with this franchise heading into next season, but can you realistically predict anything right now? I cant.

Whatever direction the Redskins choose to take, i dont think i'll be surprised by anything.

I think this may be the biggest offseason in Snyders' tenure.

If any of you out there feel the same way or have an opinion, would love to hear it.

it could be. If the Skins change coaches and worry about positions like QB and RB they'll be worse next year than this. If they build their line and lose some dead weight they could improve significantly.

1) Vinny and Zorn return.

2) Jason Campbell returns.

3) We have a rookie QB sitting and competing with Colt Brennan for backup. Todd Collins is long gone.

4) Portis doesn't return. Neither does Cartwright.

5) We draft two OL, a QB, and get a new OLB through free agency or the draft, or one of the OLB's we drafted last year.

6) Most of our starters on D return next year, if not all.

1) Vinny and Zorn return.

2) Jason Campbell returns.

3) We have a rookie QB sitting and competing with Colt Brennan for backup. Todd Collins is long gone.

4) Portis doesn't return. Neither does Cartwright.

5) We draft two OL, a QB, and get a new OLB through free agency or the draft, or one of the OLB's we drafted last year.

6) Most of our starters on D return next year, if not all.

why cut Cartwright when Betts has a pretty nasty knee injury?

Home:

Dallas - WIN

New York - Loss

Philadelphia - WIN

Green Bay - Loss

Minnesota - Loss

Houston - WIN

Indianapolis - Loss

Tampa Bay WIN

Away:

Dallas Loss

New York Loss