Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Portis on IR

MattFancy

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/portis-placed-on-ir-list.html

Portis placed on IR list

Running back Clinton Portis has been placed on the season-ending injured-reserve list by the Redskins.

Portis, who suffered a concussion Nov. 8, has had blurred vision and other symptoms since.

I like this idea. No point in bringing him back. Let him rest and start next season healthy.

Get well Portis...

On a positive note, while he sits out from contact to heal from his concussion, no doubt his other aches and pains that have lingered are getting a longer recovery time and he should he fresh and full of energy next season....

Don't we say that every year tho? A healthy Portis?

Seems like we are saying it more and more, Portis is a BEAST and I LOVE everything he has done here. He is one of my all-time favorite Skins, but sadly it is time to move on.

Don't we say that every year tho? A healthy Portis?

Seems like we are saying it more and more, Portis is a BEAST and I LOVE everything he has done here. He is one of my all-time favorite Skins, but sadly it is time to move on.

True. In his limited role, Ganther has shown some of what I have fooled myself into thinking Portis can still do. He's got fresh legs and a spark. Be interesting to see how he does, and it would be nice to have our runner practice with the line all week.

Of course Vinny says that. What he doesn't know is that he himself won't be returning. :silly:

This is the same guy who basically said Samuel's injury was in his head, and he'd be back once he learned to deal with it mentally.

We've seen the last game #60 will play for us. Probably #26 also.

From RedskinsDotCom via Twitter: Vinny Cerrato on Clinton Portis to IR: "Clinton's prognosis is good and we expect him to make a full recovery and return to the Redskins."

Translation, "We may be drafting a running back in 2010, but we don't want our competition to know that ahead of time.."

I have this bad feeling that Portis is done.

I've come to the conclusion that Clinton Portis is one of the "lazy" NFL players. His season ending injuries come at times of zero hope for the team itself. In situations where players are coming back from similar injuries, he heads to IR.

I swear to god, we will get nowhere with this RB starting for us. He is the identity of the team, and therefore the team will slack with him starting. There's a reason backs can come in and run like wild. And instead we're used to seeing this sloppy son of a ***** run around and get tripped up on the first finger nail that touches him.

Draft a RB, hopefully we can ship him out.

I read this as they are sick of Portis not practicing and that his primadonna ways have hurt the team. I think Portis has played his last game with the Skins. How many players miss half the season with a concussion? Seriously....

Hate to say it, but I have to agree. Clinton is a tough sob when he feels like playing, but when he saw the line that he was forced to run behind, he probably thought I am outta here before I really get hurt bad. I have a strange feeling that Clinton is going to quietly retire, because he lost the love for the game.

Archived