Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What our fanbase lacks is patience

redskins59

I think a lot of you are missing the OP's point. Just because we have been patient and are still a Redskins fan does not mean that we have been patient year to year. We havent given up on the team but us fans definitely have not been patient as far as stability goes. As soon as a player is not amazing or has a bad game, we want him cut or call him a bust. As soon as a coach doesnt lead us to a superbowl, we want a new one immediately. We made some changes with the playcalling and now the team is actually putting up points against some solid teams. We still have a ways to go and we need to start putting teams away but we have definitely shown improvement. If we can put the offense and defense together for a complete game, we are a tough team to beat. Just because you are still a Redskins fan does not mean you are patient at all...

Bingo. This was exactly what I was trying to say.

I, for one, am willing to give Zorn, Cerrato and Campbell a few more years. We have almost beaten playoff-bound teams 3 weeks in a row already.

It's like investing in stocks. You can't expect huge returns in just a couple years.

Not sure how long, but maybe you should just be a bandwagon fan and root for whoever is in first place this week...you would sleep a lot better at night. Suck it up, and support your team win or lose. Trust me when I say it will be a lot sweeter when they do turn it around!

Anyone on this very website that is still a Redskins fan has two things that most people don't:

PATIENCE

&

LOYALTY

Are you kidding? Anyone who still cheers for this team has character. The owner is an idiot and keeps repeating the same mistakes over, and over, and over, and over again and expects things to change. He's a fool when it comes to football. All the fault falls on him, not the fans. They've, I've...been way too patient and I'm surprised many haven't jumped ship. That speaks to how badly this fan base wants to see the Redskins succeed.

The players give it their all even when they suck and the chips are stacked against them. That's great, but who hired the guy who hired the guy that drafted the guy or picked up the guy in free agency who continues to underperform and contribute to this losing culture that is the Redskins?

Answer: Dan Snyder

He lacks the ability to run a successful franchise. The fans have done their job and have been patient with Snyder. It's time for him to make drastic measures to change the culture of this team or sell the franchise or put someone in charge who has proven that they can build a successful football program.

Patience? That's one thing that Redskins fans have never lacked especially under Snyder.

HTTR

I agree with patience at the QB position, and possibly the coaching spot. Lets face it, the skins are starting to show progress, implementing a complete new system will only set us back. As Sonny said duringthe pregame, hire a GM and let him figure out who should be cut and who should stay.

Lets face it, the skins are starting to show progress.

Progress? Uh yeah. 3 games ago, we scored 6 points against the Cowboys. That was the 10th game of the season. Yeah, we're getting better. Maybe, just maybe, if we bring this entire team back next season, we can score 18 points a game instead of 13. Maybe, if we're lucky, we can score 30 points twice in one season, instead of the one time this year.

Wow. Standards. Our fans have none.

I for one have watched and enjoyed the great 80's teams winning superbowls and crushing competition.

I watched how they did it, who they did it to, and for how long they did it.

Momentum is a great mental tool if used properly, but can also be a weight in the pocket of a diver.

The teams of past would attack downfield, especially after a turnover; nowm, when the rare turnover comes, they are satisfied with running the football.

The one thing I noticed today was a mixture of pass and run on 1st downs, but as the game went on, it turned into a "prevent win" game. Patience has come and gone, and its time for new people in many places to make many changes.

I am not looking foreward to Zorn's,Vinny's, or even JC's abilities to improve, because Zorn cannot grasp the concept of playing to win; Vinny cannot grasp anything except Snyder's jock, and JC is barely grasping a sub-par performance which is far too late in the season to care.

Patience with these 3 results into a probable 6-10 season next year; something I'm not looking foreward to!

At least we have a history with trophies under our belt. Saints fan's suffered with bitter seasons since the Triassic Age now look at the sweet victories they get to taste. Our time will come if we're patient without expectations of perfection. Letting games slip away isn't as bad as getting blown out. We're "a few plays here, a few plays there" away from being in the playoff race. If we won the SuperBowl, people would find something to complain about as it seems that those who show impatience, focus merely on the negatives with little to none on the positives unless we hit the home run deep ball.

And we've also lost to 5 cellar dwellars...

Exactly! We've been one of the worst teams all year. Yep. Let's reward that with more patience.

Zorn consistently puts a bad product on the field. JC continually sucks. SS sucks. LL sucks. It goes on and on. Let's be patient with SS. I mean he's just lost 2 games for us with missed FG's. He just needs more patience. Yeah, keep telling yourselves that.

Progress? Uh yeah. 3 games ago, we scored 6 points against the Cowboys. That was the 10th game of the season. Yeah, we're getting better. Maybe, just maybe, if we bring this entire team back next season, we can score 18 points a game instead of 13. Maybe, if we're lucky, we can score 30 points twice in one season, instead of the one time this year.

Wow. Standards. Our fans have none.

I think I would rather have loyalty than standards.

Wow.

You mean Norv "I got 7 years to prove I was mediocre" Turner??

I've seen some stupid statements made on this board and that one is right up there.

With the money this team has at its disposal, you could certainly make the argument that an average coach like Turner paired with a GM would have won a championship by now. Obviously, there's no guarantee and it would have been nearly impossible for Norv to survive the 2000 season...but it's not as outlandish a statement as you're making it sound.

No, because we have not played 18 years with the same players. We haven't even had the same front office for that period of time.

Looking at how the Redskins haven't won anything in so many years is not fair to relatively new Redskins. Each time there is a shakeup the clock must start over.

Okay then. Snyder took over in 1999. We haven't done so hot this decade, have we? And who is doing the shaking up every other year?

So don't tell THE FANS that they lack patience. People like myself have been waiting their whole lives to see a decent Redskins team every Sunday.

I know this is coming in a little late on the thread, just got back from the game.. but :doh: Seriously? How can you call this man a bust?

he's making a comment about fan reactions previously. And it's true. Many fans' reactions after last year was to cut every player we drafted but Horton and call them all busts.

I think I would rather have loyalty than standards.

Let me know how that's worked out for you the last 18 years?

I have both. I don' watch any other NFL football. But, that being said, I haven't watched a down of Redskins football this year. I refuse to watch Zorn and Campbell. I called 3-13 at the beginning of this year. People laughed. Nobody is laughing any longer.

I am loyal to the Redskins, but I'm not watching losing football. I refuse to watch simple boy ruin our franchise. I'm sick of it.

It's easy. We couldn't deal Campbell to anyone in the offseason. Nobody wants him. We have a coach who's regressing as he goes. There's not end in sight. We suck.

.but it's not as outlandish a statement as you're making it sound.

Oh yes it is.

Nobody in their right mind extends Norv after 7 years of false hope,collapsed seasons on top of failing to get the 2000 team over the hump.

If Norv had been in his second or third year,sure you preach patience but seven years?

No way.

Is this what it's come to by this fanbase? Are we now looking at mediocrity as a goal/standard?

Do you not want more for this team?

If so, damn what a miserable state this fanbase is in.......

Oh yes it is.

Nobody in their right mind extends Norv after 7 years of false hope,collapsed seasons on top of failing to get the 2000 team over the hump.

If Norv had been in his second or third year,sure you preach patience but seven years?

No way.

Is this what it's come to by this fanbase? Are we now looking at mediocrity as a goal/standard?

I never said he shouldn't have been fired, I was agreeing with the hypothetical that we'd probably have had a year or two where we made a very deep playoff run if Norv was still our coach.

The owner was completely justified in firing Turner in 2000. However, had he somehow survived and was still paired with a GM like Casserly, I believe we'd have had much more success than we have since 2000. That's all.

Let me know how that's worked out for you the last 18 years?

I have both. I don' watch any other NFL football. But, that being said, I haven't watched a down of Redskins football this year. I refuse to watch Zorn and Campbell. I called 3-13 at the beginning of this year. People laughed. Nobody is laughing any longer.

I am loyal to the Redskins, but I'm not watching losing football. I refuse to watch simple boy ruin our franchise. I'm sick of it.

It's easy. We couldn't deal Campbell to anyone in the offseason. Nobody wants him. We have a coach who's regressing as he goes. There's not end in sight. We suck.

well then how about cutting out the message boards too. Cause you missed a damn good game today.

You say you're loyal to the Redskins but don't watch them play. You just read the message board and criticize. I don't know if this will get me in any trouble with the mods, but that says more troll than fan to me.

Oh yes it is.

No way.

I want consistent progression not miracles. I do not expect worst to first finishes.

Archived