Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FO looked like fools again

monsta

no its not when we could have made these picked three weeks ago when we were "still in it"

We could have had credible veteran corners who actually come up and support the run defense. When a back gets past our "vaunted D line" they gash our secondary. On series that count and against teams with a decent passing game we get blasted on deep passes.

Some veterans who are not over paid and over hyped in the secondary would have helped matters tremendously.

Again, this is not to say this is the ONLY problem, hence the word "AGAIN" in the OP

:hysterical:

These guys play ONE good game with a double digit lead for almost the ENTIRE game, and all of a sudden the Skins have egg on their face for not signing these guys?

Gimme a break. Saints are on a legit super bowl run, they need help there more than the Skins do. Skins need to be playing barnes and the tryon kid so we can find out if those guys can be relied upon.

If the skins played ball games with a double digit lead Rogers and Hall would be considered lockdown corners.

Did anybody read this "article"

http://www.hogshaven.com/2009/12/1/1180650/redskins-ir-list-isnt-the-worst-in

Redskins IR list isn't the Worst in the NFL; Cerrato Still Making Mistakes

by KevinE on Dec 1, 2009 11:36 AM EST

"I reviewed the Injury reports for all 32 teams, which I included after the jump. The majority of the NFL has between 2-5 players on their IR, while the Redskins are tied with 3 other teams that have 9 shelved. Amazingly, there are 3 teams with more IR injuries, one of which being the UNDEFEATED Saints. So what's the big difference? Cerrato prefers to plug holes with practice squad players while the Saints add veterans."

Actually the article is not that bad . One thing that surprised me was the Saints lost their LT Jamal Brown, for the season . The difference is they had a 4th round back up to take up the slack .

What it doesn't point out is we have invested in the secondary and when we are hit by injuries we don't have to scramble around and pick up guys from the waiver wire like McCalister and McKenzie ...

We should have tried out Runyan and scrabbled around the waiver wire for injuries on the OL that is true . The team as a whole is poorly constructed but I am starting to think the biggest problem is we draft athletes rather than really good football players at position of need, and we only ever draft in the 1st round to replace players rather than bring in depth ...

For everyone saying our secondary sucks, get a life! When you are losing, you dig up the negatives. So we get beat a lot for big plays right?

YPG 170.4 Rank 1st

TD 11 Rank 7th

20+ yard plays 25 Rank 6th

40+ yard plays 4 Rank 8th

Yea that really looks to me like our secondary is giving up huge plays regularly! Top 10 in every category....

We have the #1 ranked Pass Defense in the league. Why should we be scrambling to sign past their prime "star" CB's when we have young guys on the bench like Tryon and Barnes?

In a lost season it makes much more sense to get the young, future starters some playing time then bringing in one year stop gaps that likely aren't going to play any better at this point in their careers.

We're number 1 because teams get up on us and stop throwing. They still get beat deep with rogers not cover double moves and has Barnes even dressed for a game, let alone played? If tryon and barnes are who you are hoping to develop, I wish they would have signed McKenzie and McAllistar.

So that Monday night game the New Orleans defense made T Brady look human. Well did anyone else feel a rumble that two of the key defensive backs, Mcallister and McKenzie joined their team in the last two weeks?

So there have been secondary free agents available but Vinny and Frets didnt feel it necessary to get help?

Your argument is truly baseless. As another fan wrote, neither plays left tackle.

We also do not get pressure up the middle when Haynesworth is "resting" or hurt. If you get pressure, any secondary looks good.

I stand corrected then, it only took about 10 games for our third round pick to play in a game. Good stuff.

Coming into the season, he was basically 5th on the depth chart at corner, so I don't see the big problem. He may have played prior to this week, I'm not sure. I just know he was in this week.

Coming into the season, he was basically 5th on the depth chart at corner, so I don't see the big problem. He may have played prior to this week, I'm not sure. I just know he was in this week.

I guess I don't see how he could be that far down the depth chart, the talent isn't there in my opinion. Maybe fourth, but if you draft a guy pretty high like him, he should be pushing for the third spot on the team. I also don't believe that you draft a player in the third round that ends up that far down the depth chart. Might as well draft a second kicker.

There is one thing being dissappointed with our team for obvious reasons (lack of depth and no investment in the OL for years), but come on, the secondary?

Jesus, some people just hate to hate. Be a realist, not a hater.

This is still our team!

I don't agree with OP's overall thrust...but cmon....his general observation is correct: stats notwithstanding...this secondary has been burned/embarassed for big plays all season long and has been consistently crappy when it comes to tackling.

I guess I don't see how he could be that far down the depth chart, the talent isn't there in my opinion.

In theory I agree with you. But the way this team values veterans he's already 4th at least behind Rogers, Hall and Smoot, and probably down to 5th because he's a year behind Tryon who they've always seemed to be high on. I'm not even accounting for Westbrook who already has a heads up on both he and Tryon because of the time he's had in the system.

Your argument is truly baseless. As another fan wrote, neither plays left tackle.

We also do not get pressure up the middle when Haynesworth is "resting" or hurt. If you get pressure, any secondary looks good.

is the word AGAIN lost on you? All those things you noted are true, but so is THIS

Archived