Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FO looked like fools again

monsta

So that Monday night game the New Orleans defense made T Brady look human. Well did anyone else feel a rumble that two of the key defensive backs, Mcallister and McKenzie joined their team in the last two weeks?

So there have been secondary free agents available but Vinny and Frets didnt feel it necessary to get help?

We have the #1 ranked Pass Defense in the league. Why should we be scrambling to sign past their prime "star" CB's when we have young guys on the bench like Tryon and Barnes?

In a lost season it makes much more sense to get the young, future starters some playing time then bringing in one year stop gaps that likely aren't going to play any better at this point in their careers.

So that Monday night game the New Orleans defense made T Brady look human. Well did anyone else feel a rumble that two of the key defensive backs, Mcallister and McKenzie joined their team in the last two weeks?

So there have been secondary free agents available but Vinny and Frets didnt feel it necessary to get help?

Not sure either of them could play LT.

What a good looking pass defense that was in BOTH philly games, the denver game when Orton was in, The last drive of the cowboys game...Blown coverages and missed assignments have killed us all season. WE scored enough points to win the last game and if we had some decent corners we could have won the last two.

There is one thing being dissappointed with our team for obvious reasons (lack of depth and no investment in the OL for years), but come on, the secondary?

Jesus, some people just hate to hate. Be a realist, not a hater.

This is still our team!

we have the #1 ranked pass defense in the league. Why should we be scrambling to sign past their prime "star" cb's when we have young guys on the bench like tryon and barnes?

In a lost season it makes much more sense to get the young, future starters some playing time then bringing in one year stop gaps that likely aren't going to play any better at this point in their careers.

qft

Our corners are terrible, this Arod defense is part of the problem. There were not any free agent LT's available but there were at least ONE corner that could have come in and helped SOME. Even on the big play that brady hit moss on, SOMEONE was around the receiver. On the big plays we give up...well you have seen Brandon Marshall and Desean Jackson with no one within 40 yards.

The OP isnt about what would TOTALLY fix the team, it was about ANOTHER example of how screwed up our FO is.

Our corners are terrible, this Arod defense is part of the problem. There were not any free agent LT's available but there were at least ONE corner that could have come in and helped SOME. Even on the big play that brady hit moss on, SOMEONE was around the receiver. On the big plays we give up...well you have seen Brandon Marshall and Desean Jackson with no one within 40 yards.

The OP isnt about what would TOTALLY fix the team, it was about ANOTHER example of how screwed up our FO is.

We have no need at Corner, because the guys the FO drafted to play back up in our highly ranked pass defense, are doing their jobs.

Are trying to imply that the long plays that worked, were the only ones the other teams tried to do?

I understand you're unhappy with the FO, but this example is full of fail.

Did anybody read this "article"

http://www.hogshaven.com/2009/12/1/1180650/redskins-ir-list-isnt-the-worst-in

Redskins IR list isn't the Worst in the NFL; Cerrato Still Making Mistakes

by KevinE on Dec 1, 2009 11:36 AM EST

"I reviewed the Injury reports for all 32 teams, which I included after the jump. The majority of the NFL has between 2-5 players on their IR, while the Redskins are tied with 3 other teams that have 9 shelved. Amazingly, there are 3 teams with more IR injuries, one of which being the UNDEFEATED Saints. So what's the big difference? Cerrato prefers to plug holes with practice squad players while the Saints add veterans."

We have the #1 ranked Pass Defense in the league. Why should we be scrambling to sign past their prime "star" CB's when we have young guys on the bench like Tryon and Barnes?

#1 ranked pass defense is laughable. How many big plays and big first downs has our pass defense given up. stats dont mean less and less when I believe my EYES

Jason, for example, is a top ten rated Qb in completion percentage, we shouldnt make a change their either, right?

Did anybody read this "article"

http://www.hogshaven.com/2009/12/1/1180650/redskins-ir-list-isnt-the-worst-in

Redskins IR list isn't the Worst in the NFL; Cerrato Still Making Mistakes

by KevinE on Dec 1, 2009 11:36 AM EST

"I reviewed the Injury reports for all 32 teams, which I included after the jump. The majority of the NFL has between 2-5 players on their IR, while the Redskins are tied with 3 other teams that have 9 shelved. Amazingly, there are 3 teams with more IR injuries, one of which being the UNDEFEATED Saints. So what's the big difference? Cerrato prefers to plug holes with practice squad players while the Saints add veterans."

Despite that article sucking, he is correct about the need to bring in Kendell.

Look, i'm all for bashing the front office for their countless failures, but to point at Mike Mckenzie and Chris McCallister as the guys we should have picked up is just foolish.

McCallister is way past his prime, and in his last few years with the ravens, he had definitely fallen off.

McKenzie.....this guy has made a career of getting burnt, so he had a good game, great for him, but let's not crown his ass ;) just yet.

I'm actually a proponet of getting the young guys some playing time now that the season is lost and I think it's paying off. Smoot is proving he can still play and both Tryon and Barnes are looking to be solid cover guys as well.

Let's ease up a bit on all the Saints love, these guys are good, but let's not forget who's pushing the buttons over there on defense. This is a guy who made many unknown defensive guys look like hall of famers when he was with us.

I didn't see a lot of people missing him after '06, or even half way through '07. Many complaints about the bend but don't break, and blitzes which didn;t get the job done (and I was a defender of Gregg). Our D has been pretty good even without GW.

alot of missed GW as soon as he left. He did not have a bend but dont break scheme. We just didnt have the DL that could get the job done.

Our defense has been good without GW because we basically kept his staff with his defensive ideas... I think people miss GW cause alot of think he would have prolonged Gibbs' influence of the franchise little longer. We wouldn't have this fiasco going on with Zorn/Cerrato/Lewis if we were under GW.

Look, i'm all for bashing the front office for their countless failures, but to point at Mike Mckenzie and Chris McCallister as the guys we should have picked up is just foolish.

yeah its not the players that made the FO foolish.. its letting go of Greg Williams.

I kind of still can't believe we didnt keep him. He was essentially HC in waiting under Gibbs. As soon as I heard that GW wasnt going to get hired... I knew it was back to the good 'ol days under Snyder.

I'd put last nights performance on GW more than the guys at safety. We didn't have the luxury here to play the type of defense GW is playing in NO. Why? Well, we didn't have an offense that could put 35 points on the board, EVER. So, this makes the defense have to play conservative. You can take risks when you have the weapons on offense that they have. We played not to lose, never to win.

It kills me to hear the commentators talk about how "aggressive" GW's defenses are. I'm always like "when did we have an aggressive defense"? I can't tell you how many games I screamed at the TV for someone, anyone to get pressure on the QB. Throw everything at them but the kitchen sink, yet we got nothing. I LB blitz every now and then, and sometimes a safety. Sometimes. GW was handcuffed here because of our inabilty to get a lead on offense.

Archived