Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News: Investigators: Kentucky Census Worker Killed Himself

GhostofSparta

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,576647,00.html

FRANKFORT, Ky. — A Kentucky Census worker found hanging from a tree with the word "fed" written on his chest killed himself and staged his death to look like a murder, authorities said Tuesday.

Kentucky State Police said Bill Sparkman died at the same location where his body was found Sept. 12 near a cemetery in a heavily wooded area of southeastern Kentucky.

(snip)

Sparkman had recently taken out two life insurance policies that would not pay out for suicide, police said.

The letters scrawled on his chest had been written from the bottom up, police told a news conference Tuesday. His DNA was the only DNA found at the scene, they said.

While this Fox News, so some may have issues with the source, I thought it interesting how the case ended up turning out. I guess my only question is why he needed the money from his 2 life insurance policies so bad.

I just hope this isn't a case of "we have no evidence to link anybody and we don't want this to count against our unsolved murder rate." I know many down there still don't believe the suicide angle.

Sadly, that is always the case with any high profile crime or tragic event.

The letters scrawled on his chest had been written from the bottom up, police told a news conference Tuesday.

My first thought when I read this was that woman who claimed to have been attacked and getting her faced carved up by an Obama supporter during the election cycle last year. Problem was, the letter was reversed which indicated that she had done it to herself in a mirror.

your complimentary VHS copy of Witless Protection is the mail

enjoy

Thanks

But how many stills were lost/shut down during this crusade to find the killer?

Think of all the corn liquor production lost...this is a crime against humanity.

I was orginally gonna re-post it in that thread, but I thought it would get lost in the meelee if I just re-bumped it. I figured it needed it's own discussion.

I think you made the right call. I was just interested in seeing some of the comments about who the "perps" were as compared to who it ended up being.

I was thinking the same thing, why are people holding their tongue?

Isn't it obvious that this guy was killed because he worked for the federal government by some right wing nut who is totally anti-federal government?

Yeah, totally. LMAO!

Of course at one time or another WE ALL have been quick to make assumptions about stories that seem too obvious to doubt.

I'm not gonna lie, when I re-read it I was looking for your responses (damn, caught me profiling ;)), But Tulane Skins Fan by far takes the cake in that one of being over-the-top wrong.

Going with his gut, sure, which we all do. But spectacularly wrong.

To be fair though, TSF did pull it back in with post 59.

and kudos to predicto, he nailed it.

I'm not gonna lie, when I re-read it I was looking for your responses (damn, caught me profiling ;)), But Tulane Skins Fan by far takes the cake in that one of being over-the-top wrong.

Going with his gut, sure, which we all do. But spectacularly wrong.

Yea, I'll admit that this is not the outcome I expected.

However, if you read the rest of my posts in that thread, not just the one that you plucked, I think my posts are all valid... including these two:

Its the word Fed. If this happened in downtown DC, i'd still feel confident saying a right wing nut job killed the guy for working for the federal government. Given the current affairs in the country right now, I think its fair to say that its pretty likely that this guy was killed by a right wing nut - not the same as a republican or a right leaning person or a libertarian - because he worked for the federal government.

Why would this even offend people other than right wing nuts?

Is anything possible... sure. I suppose its possible some left wing nut killed a guy who worked for the Federal government and tried to make it look like the right wing is crazy. But, that's not likely. It's possible, but I don't have a problem making the educated guess I've made based upon the entire context of the situation.

It really has nothing to do with "conservatives." I don't consider conservatives right wing nuts. I don't even consider tea baggers right wing nuts. I consider people who kill people because they work for the federal government right wing nuts.

Could I be wrong, sure. I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again. But I think its a logical deduction from the context of the murder and the state of the country right now.

I really don't see how its offensive to come to that conclusion though.

For the record, it at least appears that I was wrong, but I'm sure what I was saying will be taken out of context again to "throw it in my face," so to speak.

Yea, I'll admit that this is not the outcome I expected.

However, if you read the rest of my posts in that thread, not just the one that you plucked, I think my posts are all valid... including these two:

For the record, it at least appears that I was wrong, but I'm sure what I was saying will be taken out of context again to "throw it in my face," so to speak.

No, I read those too. Like I said, I'm not gonna crucify you here because you went with your gut, like most of us do when there's not a lot of details. To be honest I was afraid that you (and others on your side) would be right. Hell, I've been wrong with gut reactions before, it just sucks being wrong on the internet for all to see.

Hopefully everybody doesn't pile on you, but your first post in the thread was at least entertaining.

Archived