Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: Who's to blame: Campbell or the offensive line?

themurf

Care to back that up with anything resembling facts or stats?

lets go with stats

since u candle homers love stats.

Tied for fewest TDs thrown for starting QB last yr with 13.

Shaun Hill started 8 games last yr and threw for 13 TD last yr. Thigpen started 11 games last yr and threw for 18 TDs. Not what you call elite QBs. not even considered good QBs.

This yr, only 2 starting QBs have managed to throw less TDs than candle. candle, one of the worst starting QB in the league.

But if you have set of eyes, you dont even need stats to tell how bad this guy is.

lets go with stats

Shaun Hill started 8 games last yr and threw for 13 TD last yr. Thigpen started 11 games last yr and threw for 18 TDs. Not what you call elite QBs. not even considered good QBs.

This yr, only 2 starting QBs have managed to throw less TDs than candle. candle, one of the worst starting QB in the league.

But if you have set of eyes, you dont even need stats to tell how bad this guy is.

Actually, Kerry Collins had the least TDs of a starting QB with 12 last season - and he was on a 13-3 team. Obviously, teams can't win without a QB who scores tons of TDs...

I mean heck, Vince Young has thrown 3 through 4 games, and clearly that situation isn't working for the Titans (just in case you're wondering, the pace that Campbell is at puts him at 16 TDs at the end of this season. Young's in a 16 game season would put him at 12).

Campbell is the least of our problems. You are not going to get a QB better than Campbell in FA or in the draft for next season.

Is Campbell the future answer? Maybe, maybe not - and I lean towards not. But I am also not delusional enough to think that there is a better option in sight.

Focus needs to be on OL, not a QB or any other position. That is after all how we got in this mess in the first place...

WTF is Snyda doing scouting players now????????????????!!!!!! This is total BS and the same fricken problem...it's like having me scout players right now and I would do a better job than Snyda for sure...WTF...don't we have scouts? What a debacle still having an owner playing fantasy football and NOT learning any damn thing!!!!! Get a real football person and coaching staff in here to figure things out...Dan.... you dumbass don't you see the problem!!!! It's you!!!!

I think the problem is as much coaching and playcalling as it is JC and the line....still no creativity to take pressure off JC and line...I get disapointed w both when I watch them play....I like JC's game against Dallas mostly....the last INT was all on JC tho....that sucked!!!!

Actually, Kerry Collins had the least TDs of a starting QB with 12 last season - and he was on a 13-3 team. Obviously, teams can't win without a QB who scores tons of TDs...

I mean heck, Vince Young has thrown 3 through 4 games, and clearly that situation isn't working for the Titans (just in case you're wondering, the pace that Campbell is at puts him at 16 TDs at the end of this season. Young's in a 16 game season would put him at 12).

Campbell is the least of our problems. You are not going to get a QB better than Campbell in FA or in the draft for next season.

Is Campbell the future answer? Maybe, maybe not - and I lean towards not. But I am also not delusional enough to think that there is a better option in sight.

Focus needs to be on OL, not a QB or any other position. That is after all how we got in this mess in the first place...

comparing to a 1st round drafted QB supposely in his prime to a 35 yr old once considered done? either way u look at it. they were bad at throwing TDs. collins started 15 games last yr.

and they wre 13-3 but who said collins was good last yr. im talking how bad a QB is, not that the team's record is. dilfer won the super bowl.... he aint a good QB. stick to the topic at hand. if we went 13-3 last yr with what candle did, my mind about his QB skills isnt going to change. and i clearly will know we won 13 games notbecause of his numbers, and plays.

now since u nitpick. explain shaun hill and thigpen. surely they didnt go 13-3 and on some bad teams.

lets go with stats

I'm not a Campbell lover. That's made pretty clear when I said:

"We’ve always believed Campbell is good, but not great. He’s not the type of player who can throw an entire team on his back and single-handedly guide them to victory, but if he’s surrounded by the proper weapons, he’s good enough to get the job done.

Unfortunately, this year’s he’s stuck behind a below-average offensive line that’s been decimated with injuries and the entire offense has suffered because of it."

I simply believe that if we're going to have intelligent football conversations around here, we need more than folks just shooting off opinions. Showing up and saying "[insert name of player here] sucks" adds nothing to the conversation. It's a waste of your time and mine. Actually backing that statement up with some sort of basis other than your opinion - regardless of whether I agree or not - constitutes bringing something to the table. No one says we all have to agree.

Since you're new here I figured I'd point you in the right direction.

WTF is Snyda doing scouting players now????????????????!!!!!! This is total BS and the same fricken problem...it's like having me scout players right now and I would do a better job than Snyda for sure...WTF...don't we have scouts? What a debacle still having an owner playing fantasy football and NOT learning any damn thing!!!!! Get a real football person and coaching staff in here to figure things out...Dan.... you dumbass don't you see the problem!!!! It's you!!!!

This was my thought exactly. Even if he does fire Vinny, it won't mean anything because Snyder still doesn't realize that he is part of the problem. Until he does and steps back from the football side of things, the Redskins will continue the way they have for the last 10 years, no matter who they bring in. Doomed to mediocrity. Yay. :doh:.

When we were good we had a great OL. That's fact #1 no Redskin fan should need to be reminded of.

For all those wanting the QB before the OL, when was the last time we actually had a QB that good whilst starting here? Given the answer to that question how can 'draft QB x' even be considered when we have our OL? First off it's hard to find that guy, secondly we need 3 if not 4 starter quality OL this off season. It's as if some people don't watch the game when we're on D and see what impact our DL makes on the game this year in comparison to last. OL are those guys supposed to stop your Haynesworth/Ware type guys, and considering it only takes 1 DL to make a play where as all 5 OL have to execute every play, they should be given more focus than we have been doing.

That being said they are only as poor as last year's DL was and look at them now. 2 good draft picks and a couple of FA signings and we'll be good to go. I'm sure we'll go QB though.

My progression with JC has been simple. I use to wait for great things during his prolonged wind-up. Now I dread the outcome. It is just that simple... and I'm sure most fans feel exactly the same. As I have stated repeatedly, his release is just not up to the speed of todays game. Zorn has worked for two years to correct this and...tho some improvement... is still way to slow for the quick reads he needs to make. As many have stated he would be an excellent back up. However, I don't see him staying here as a back up either. SO....Good luck to a great guy. I actually don't mind if he stays in the NFC East. HTTR

Campbell's not the answer and has managed to **** his own bed by not making plays that were there, but the low standards people are willing to accept for the OL just to further demonize Campbell is also very lame. Jon Jansen used to actually gave Strahan fits. Does anyone think Williams or Heyer would give Strahan fits?

Does anyone think that the interior is just fine despite the fact that we're totally horrible running up the gut while the Cowboys did it with impunity, on the D-line that this O-line practices against, but without Haynesworth(which would equate to the 2008 line)?

LT is self-explanatory, but Batiste was HUGE dropoff in talent.

Campbell's not the answer and has managed to shat his own bed by not making plays ...

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

The correct answer is "yes."

Redskins history shows that you can win with an average QB/RB and a stellar O-line. How many teams can win 3 of 4 SBs in a decade with 3 different QBs and 3 different RBs? Hell, the Ravens won a SB with Trent freakin' Dilfer at QB. The Patriots won 11 games with Matt Cassell, who hadn't started a game since high school (though Randy Moss and Wes Welker may have had a hand in that too).

Other teams in the league have shown you can have success with exceptional QBs and average O-lines, but not long-term success. Peyton Manning would never have won a SB playing in Houston. He'd still be good, but ring-less.

I'm so glad that Dan Snyder is out scouting players for us instead of someone who actually knows what he is doing.

Please tell me that part of your article was a joke.

If not, Snyder has learned nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Sorry friend, it's not a joke. Word came from someone I absolutely trust.

Nice article, good read, and I definitely agree with Sonny.

I honestly believe Jason had the best game of his career against the Cowboys. Yes, you read that right and no, I'm not saying that statistically-speaking.

That was the first time our entire offense was picked up by him... he had pressure coming from everywhere, and was making great throws while getting hit hard. I was extremely impressed with him, and even though Rock was solid running the ball, remember he was also the beneficiary of some well-timed throws by Campbell when the blitz was coming.

I would not be opposed with bringing in a potential star QB during the offseason, but I would like to see Campbell remain on the team and be able to compete. I think he's really taking a step up right now, considering how poorly the Oline is playing.

Sorry friend, it's not a joke. Word came from someone I absolutely trust.

I know, that's just awful honestly. Is there any possibility that he had Scott Campbell or someone with him? I mean, really, he went by himself? :doh:

Campbell. The vikings have the BEST online in the game and Brett Farve looks really good but Tavaras Jackson who I think is better than Campbell looked like crap in preseason.

Fact of the matter is that regardless of the line Campbell and Jackson do not, can not, and will not ever be probowl caliber Qb's.

I know, that's just awful honestly. Is there any possibility that he had Scott Campbell or someone with him? I mean, really, he went by himself? :doh:

I don't know who, if anyone, was with him. Cerrato, Scott Campbell and/or anyone else could have also been in attendance. I just didn't hear any other names mentioned.

Campbell. The vikings have the BEST online in the game and Brett Farve looks really good but Tavaras Jackson who I think is better than Campbell looked like crap in preseason.

Fact of the matter is that regardless of the line Campbell and Jackson do not, can not, and will not ever be probowl caliber Qb's.

Not to sharp shoot you, but Jackson won the No.2 spot during preseason and played well.

23/36

309 yards

8.5 ypa

118.4 QB rating

He had a perfect QB rating in the KC game, i remember because i watched that game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d8120ee83/Pre-WK-2-Can-t-Miss-Tarvaris-TD-throws

HTTR!

Oline? Dude the Oline was decent 2 years ago when JC was the fumble master, Then TC had to come in and all of a sudden our offense was on fire. If that aint enough info then I dont know what to tell you. Its amazing the excuses for JC. I mean I have heard every single excuse that you can have for a QB. We dont score when JC is the QB period. Please do not come back with stats cause they DO NOT matter. The fact is we dont score points with him at QB. Hes got to go take that game somewhere else. Dude is so sad that pretty much everyone knew he wasnt gonna lead us downfield the final drive in dallas. Hes a back up manager dude, Hes only ok when the entire team is playing outstanding. But when you need him to put the team on his shoulders you can forget it cause he aint got it. Move on.

Outstanding point. That argument goes pretty much every NFL team with a good QB. Lets take peyton manning away from the colts and put tavaras jackson back there. See how awful the colts Oline will look then. We can put Jackson on any team like the saints chargers steelers and so on, And he will SUDDENLY make their Oline and offense I may add, look like straight crap.

Archived