Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need a running back??

bigdoublebass

I feel like portis is done with us and betts is not a starter. What would some of you like to do at the position?

Betts is a back that needs a lot of carries to get into a Rhythm. He will do fine, I think Portis is done, and I'd take a flyer on a back in the later rounds.

That's where he's projected to go. He's considered to be in about the 4th tier of tackles. He's considered by most to be overrated, he's inconsistent and not able to play the left side at all.

I'm mostly referencing the ESPN guys projections right now. They seem to be the most accurate each year. I notice that the other guys with drastically different boards start to look more and more like ESPN boards as the draft approaches. Okung is the only OL on Kiper's Big Board, and Ciron Black is listed as his 5th senior tackle (probably no better than 7th overall OT) and is not even considered a top 100 players according to Scouts Inc.

Tier 1 - early 1st

Okung

Tier 2 - late 1st/early 2nd

Trent Williams

Bulaga

Charles Brown

Anthony Davis

Tier 3 - late 2nd/early 3rd

Tony Washington

Sam Young

Selvish Capers

Tier 4 - late 3rd/early 4th

Kyle Calloway

Jason Fox

Ed Wang

Ciron Black

I'm not a Mel Kyper fan..

CBS Sports has six o-linemen in the top 32 prospects for the draft. And 4 of them are tackles. not to mention there are plenty of good prospects in the later rounds. I'd like to see us go after an explosive player first then go after a Linemen. Theres also good linemen in free agency.

#2. Russell Okung T Oklahoma State

#6. Trent Williams T Oklahoma

#12 Charles Brown T USC

#16 Mike Lupati G Idaho

#24 Selvish Capers T West Virginia

#27 Josh Ashamoah G Illinois

Your right about Ciron Black .. He's at #49 and his stock is dropping so he's really gotta show something during his workouts to be worthy of drafting.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings?&start_row=1

We need an offensive line.

QFT.

We need to use all of our resources to immediately rebuild the offensive line. If that means we go into next season Portis/Betts lined up behind them, I'm all for it.

We can't contend with an old, ineffective OLine, so it really doesn't matter who the hell is behind them. Rebuild the OL this offseason, and worry about a new QB and RB in 2011.

I think we should sign Ian Johnson from the Vikings practice squad before the year is up; especially if the front office is considering a RB upgrade/change.

He has shown he can be team player and could possibly replace Cartwright and/or Betts in the long term.

Just an idea mind you.

I agree we need to build the OL back up so who ever is our RB and our QB can take their time and not get killed.We need to start off building the OL,then QB then a RB.If we draft a RB then I would like us to try and draft one of these RB's.

Spiller

McKnight

Noel Devine

Blount

Best

Just sign Johnson to a vet min contract for the rest of the year, see what he can do and if he is good then sign him for 2 years front loaded since we will have a cap free year and work on OL this year and get an RB in the following draft.

We just need enough talent to last us three years until Portis, Johnson and Betts would get replaced.

4th this year on a backup.

1st next year on a starter.

3rd/4th the following year.

That is solid planned replacement

I feel like portis is done with us and betts is not a starter. What would some of you like to do at the position?

The question should be what don't we need on this team. Portis will be a stop gap until we draft a player or trade away our entire draft to get a player.

Portis is better..Infact Riggo rushed for less than a 1000 yrds in a full season behind the HOGS...Just Imagine CP doing this ..Infact This year CP will do the same by missing two games ,and running behind this Oline..Skins fan are a joke,They are game to game fans(not you)Next week there will be a thread "the god of Ganther" lmfao..If Ganther has ONE good game and lets say LB plays bad..you will see Start Ganther threads:laugh::laugh::laugh:ES fanbase is clueless so far..Every week some random "One game Hero" will be on this board:hysterical:

I'm with you! I see several ranting posts that really never make sense. I doubt half the people on these threads have ever played any type of football other than Flag, touch, or better yet, Madden. I appreciate people's opinions, but sometimes I wonder where the logic comes from each week. Upgrade at O-Line fixes 70% of this teams problems. There are a ton of good backs this year and possibly next year. Mark Ingram (Alabama) would be an awsome pick for this team when he comes out if the opportunity is there. But for now, Keep Campbell and get lots of O-Line help, maybe another defensive back (corner).

It's crazy obvious that this teams issues started mid season last year with the O-Line and continue to be the O-Line!!:point2sky

yes,but we need other positions more.we need soo much,we need an entire oline and a dt to go next to haynesworth.i was oddle rnoguh thinkin of the stelers and thinkin that if they were smart they would try and make another trade with the rams.the traded with the rams years ago and go the bus.this time they trade and get stephen jackson and their rb problems go away.he is a rb i want soo bad for the skins.but he would cost alot of picks and the skins have other needs that are greater.i wanted the skins to grab him when he camer out,we could have had him late in the first rouind.betts will do.he's not the long term answer but he do fine until we get one.but as is well known here we need a real gm bad and first.

The OL has been a problem for five years. We have averaged two season ending injuries two of those years and at least one person with a season ending injury the rest. I'm all for a new RB, however we could probably get someone like Ben Tate from Auburn in the 3rd or 4th round. I would stick with either an OL or QB with the first pick.

Yes, we need a new one. I'd love C.J. Spiller in the draft, but we won't be able to get him unless we trade down. If not Spiller, Montario Hardesty in the 3rd or 4th round.

from the few UT games I've watched the last couple of years, Hardesty is a beast! If he drops to the 3rd or better yet, the 4th round I think it would be awesome value (assuming our FO has enough sense to draft a lineman or two FIRST!!)

I recommended a few posts back that I would draft him in the 7th after taking Best in the late first. Portis, Best and Blount could give us a rushing attack similar to the Ravens in 2008.

Especially if we go after a couple of free agent linemen and spend our 4th and 5th on linemen.

Minus that whole offensive line thing the Ravens have going for them.

With Portis' contract, he's not going anywhere. RB ranks below getting a new Oline and new QB, so we look to be out of luck when it comes to getting a new running back this off-season.

Which is exactly why he's doing his woe-is-me "well I may not be in next year's plans" nonsense with the press.

I think we should draft a runningback in the 4th-6th round....It seems like their are SO many good runningbacks who come out of college, and they fight their asses off for the extra yard all the time trying to prove themselves, especially if they are drafted late. Runningback is one position where when you really want somthing you can just keep fighting and keep your legs driving and just play better...

Archived