Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do we need a running back??

bigdoublebass

Guys like Mike Bell and Correll Buckhalter were free agents signed on the cheap this past offseason who are much fresher, hungrier, and have more of a burst at this point than Portis. Anyone who says otherwise obviously hasn't seem them play. Portis doesn't bring a whole lot to the table at this point.

I'd love to draft a guy but w/o a 3rd round pick, and the whole O-line and QB needing to be addressed, I just don't know if we can afford to use a pick on a RB unless someone unexpectedly falls.

I highly doubt that Portis will be in the backfield next year. He is hitting the salry cap hard and opposing teams have benn qouted in saying he has lost a step. He also is not showing his character as much which signals he is getting board

The draft will have some very good backs but the FA will have some middle age(footbal terms)backs available. IE LenDale White, who has been in Johnsons shadow; Chester Taylor, need I say more; Amad Bradshaw, Leon Washington, broke his leg though, Reggie Bush. All these guys have proven themselves but are behind a superstar or system does not apply.

I really like Ingram from Alabama, but he is young, plus, he might not enter the draft. Best is big and fast but was injuried last week. Spillar has the speed but the ACC does not have the talent it has in the past.

I like Lendale White for multiple reasons. He has lost weight and became faster. He wants to prove himself as a featured back. He has proven he can c atch the ball

My arguement for Taylor is that if the Skins stay with the West Coast Offense, then Chester Taylor will be a perfect match. He is a veteran but has limited miles the last couple of years.

Archived