Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: "Miles Austin legitamate Pro Bowl candidate" PUULEEEZZZEE!

KevinthePRF

Austin has turned it on and deserves the accolades.

But, he does not have the elite talent to continue improving. I think he is maxing out his talent now meaning your are not going to see that much of an increase over his current production next season. And, I don't mean simple numbers.

That said, if he simply maintains his status he will have another productive season like he has this season.

Romo sits to pee is also playing better and finding him in space. I think you could argue that some of his increased production is the direct result of the better play of his QB.

But, he does not have the elite talent to continue improving. I think he is maxing out his talent now meaning your are not going to see that much of an increase over his current production next season. And, I don't mean simple numbers.

I am willing to sacrifice a small mammal to the football gods if it will help this to be so. :evilg:

That said, if he simply maintains his status he will have another productive season like he has this season.

Romo sits to pee is also playing better and finding him in space. I think you could argue that some of his increased production is the direct result of the better play of his QB.

It sure wouldnt bother me a bit if he doesnt increase in production next season. He's put up huge numbers this season with one game still to go, and didnt even start until the 5th game of the season.

And why doesnt he have the elite talent to continue improving? Im going to go ahead and guess because he didnt play bigtime college football and was undrafted? That's exactly what people said about Romo sits to pee during his rookie year. Miles is extremely physically gifted, his size, speed, and strength combination is pretty rare. Many people wrote off his success early in the season as being terrible tackling by opposing teams, but he's broken a ton of tackles all season long, he's just a very strong reciever.

I think this reeks of wishful thinking. Austin is a late bloomer but he has the speed and size of elite WRs. Parcells called his lower body the best he had EVER seen on a WR and I think he is finally showing what he is capable of doing. The last few years, he has dropped a few balls here and there and with his non-predigree, I don't think anyone had alot of confidence in him. They always spoke of how well he was doing in practice but then he would drop one in the game. With TO gone and when RW11 got hurt, the team had no other choice but to put him out there. The rest is history. He seems over the drops although he will drop one occasionally but so does every WR. He has made some tough catches as well so I think Romo sits to pee and Garrett has much more confidence in him than in years past. Bottom line is that he finally got his chance and ran with it. With his size, speed, RAC ability he has every chance to develop into an elite WR. I think you let his rookie FA status and the fact that he plays for your most hated rival cloud your judgement as to his ceiling instead of basing it on what he is actually now doing on the field on a consistant basis.

From the last two posters I read that Austin has improved his route running, understands the game better and is super fast with some quickness thrown in. He also possess good size and leg strength.

Also, Romo sits to pee has not suddenly found him. Romo sits to pee himself is playing better this year and finding Austin better, not the other way around. A small difference.

But, like I said, he is peaking now. And please, don't compare a WR with a QB. WR's take time to develop the route running, understanding defenses, ect. They either possess the athletic ability or not. You would have seen it by now. That does not mean he won't become a better route runner or understand defenses better. However, his athletic ability is what it is.

Again, that said, that is pretty good right now so why the complaining.

From the last two posters I read that Austin has improved his route running, understands the game better and is super fast with some quickness thrown in. He also possess good size and leg strength.

Also, Romo sits to pee has not suddenly found him. Romo sits to pee himself is playing better this year and finding Austin better, not the other way around. A small difference.

But, like I said, he is peaking now. And please, don't compare a WR with a QB. WR's take time to develop the route running, understanding defenses, ect. They either possess the athletic ability or not. You would have seen it by now. That does not mean he won't become a better route runner or understand defenses better. However, his athletic ability is what it is.

how do you know how much talent he has? Unless you watch somebody practice on a regular basis, I don't see how you are qualified to make such a statement...

I hate his guts, mostly for the dumb first down celebration he does. I think he's a bum and I really don't see why he is doing that good. I haven't bought into him yet. If he matches this year next season, then I'll have to give in. He did deserve to go to the Pro Bowl this year, though. I won't be surprised if it's a one year wonder.

I just don't understand your arguement that he's not that athletic. When I see him catch a pass and make 2-3 guys miss on route to 10-20 YAC, he looks like the most athletic guy on the field. I think he biggest asset has always been his athletic ability. He is big, fast, quick, and strong. What he lacked in years past was confidence, experience, and solid hands. He seems to have recitified all three this year and if so, he would seem to have everything needed to become an elite WR. I still think non-Cowboy fans just don't want to admit that he's that good because he came from nowhere. It's very similar to Romo sits to pee in 2007. No one wanted to admit he was any good but he kept doing his thing week after week. He got voted to the probowl after only starting half the year and non-Cowboy fans cried about that.

Amongst the NFC:

3rd in Receiving Yards

2nd in Receiving TDs

1st in 20-39 yard plays.

2nd in 40+ yard plays.

5th in average per play

27th in catches

I think he's certainly a candidate. If he can continue to thrive as he has in the past weeks he should get into the pro bowl easily. That is a big if though.

Then and now amongst the NFC:

9th in Receptions

1st in Receiving Yards

3rd in Receiving Touchdowns

1st in 20+ yard plays

2nd in 40+ yard plays

Yeah I'd say he earned his ticket to the pro bowl.

Sorry Fred, but this does simply reek of bias, ignorance and mostly wishful thinking which is why your brethren Jumbo (albeit jokingly) is praying that you're right. Austin is just scratching the surface my friend. His impressive numbers measure up to the very best in the league and in only 11 starts. He does possess elite size, hands, speed and natural RAC capabilities. He's a very fluid (hands) catcher and a very technical route runner. He played multiple sports in HS and is a great athlete. It was just a matter of him developing and getting his shot. To say he's peaking is silly considering that he's accomplished what he has in only 11 starts. Would anyone suggest that Desean Jackson has peaked? Reggie Wayne or Andre Johnson after their first breakout years? Has Sidney Rice peaked? Why exactly has Austin peaked other than bias and ignorance? You're of course entitled to your opinion but I respectfully think you're dead wrong. :)

Archived