Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins Official Site

shamanistic1

I'm new to this, but I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the drastic difference between the content quaility of the 'Skins offical site versus most of the other teams of the league? I myself am looking for information on my team and I have to go to the usual site that don't update the info unless they deem the info important enough for them. I would just like to see a more interactive and informative site.

:2cents:

Sorry Flipper.. your excuses don't cut it around here bud. There's absolutely NOTHING that Redskins.com has that we don't... or couldn't have if we'd get the access to info they have. And we're working on that... probably within the next year.

Further... there's 2 of us on staff here working as admins. Both of us have full-time jobs and do this as a hobby. Yet each of us - Eric and I - puts in an average about 3-4 hours a day at the VERY LEAST on our site. We don't get paid and any cost incurred comes out of what little budget we have. We don't make excuses here.

Sorry if my heart doesn't bleed purple p!ss for you.

Sigh. The RAM isn't what it used to be, but I believe part of what flipper said was that changes were coming inside of a week and to be patient. I believe there was a "things just happen that way" type tone to it.

:cheers:

Flipper has changed his email address 4 times in the last 24 hours. Peculiar behavior.

Art - PCS covered it. Funny how quick his response times to threads critical of the redskins.com site were. Also queer is the fact an Eagles fan would come to the defense of the Redskins official site. Whose only 3 posts were spent doing so.

Almost as if he's got something to do with the site no?!?

Here is a thread that I started a while ago where Flipper showed up and defended the site. I started it on June 25th and now it seems like he went back through and edited his posts to remove his excuses. He was basically telling us that they were hamstrung by "old and non flexible software" and that they didn't have enough of a staff to do things correctly. It seems like that is what he was doing in this thread. You will notice that all of his edited messages read nm. Anyhow if you check the thread you will get the gist of what he was complaining about.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28764&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=1

The "Official Redskins" site SUCKS bigtime.

I consider this place my Redskin site for everything Redskins.

They over at Redskin Park should come over here and get some pointers on how a site should be. Looking at other team sites makes me ashamed of how bad our team site is.

Originally posted by codeorama

I don't know why DieHard and Blade are not paid to create the "official" Redskins site and have the Extremeskins boards as an offical part of the site. There should be a petition or something.

I'd be more than happy to sign any petition along those lines....the redskins.com site blows, and I only go there if I am crackhead desperate for a Redskin fix and can't find anything anywhere else.:moon:

Tha site blows. What's so funny is that when the danny came in and took over, he was pissed because the Cooke's had very few computers to do things with. That was one of the weak dicked reasons he gave for firing everybody, the fact that they, in general, weren't all that computer literate. Then to turn around and build a site that my 10 yr old to put together....embarrassing.

Archived