Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Campbell: Skins have more issues than you can think of

RIPSean

It's kind of nice. When you don't live around DC you hear nothing about the Redskins.

NFL Live will have a story every freaking other day about something Cowboys. But Redskins - nada.

So at least this is coverage.

Not the kind of coverage we want, though. I live in the area, so I'm constantly bombarded with it. However I do my best to AVOID the coverage. I pass over the sports section in the paper, I turn the channel when we're mentioned on ESPN, and I don't tune into CSN. I don't want to be reminded every day of the Redskin's soap opera. It's embarassing! :doh:However, I do hope Synder is tuned in and finally realizes what an ass he is.

I think this article does the best job of summing everything up. Really, hell, it even mentions Rocky McIntosh insulting the choice of music on game day!

It really is unbelievable. I'm in South Carolina/Georgia and everyday I just have to laugh it off when people mention the team. I might deserve it, I was halfway serious when I made predictions for the playoffs in the preseason...hell, I figured JC would step up and play pretty good even though I was never a huge fan of his, I figured Zorn's playcalling HAD to get better, and I figured another year in the system would work. I bought into DHall telling the fans he was ready to play great (that was before getting juked by Jake Delhomme and getting trucked by whoever the KC QB is). I thought Haynesworth would get double-teamed and maybe triple-teamed on every play, which would make room for Orakpo to beast and all our other solid guys to have great years. I thought a 600-pound former linemen would somehow be a decent offensive linemen. I thought Derrick Dockery would somehow improve. I just knew our wide receivers would flourish after a full offseason in the system, and that would allow Santana to have a fantastic year. I knew our TE depth was the best TE depth in the league! I thought Portis had lost a step, but I knew he had Big Mike Sellers blocking for him, and with an improved passing attack he would do well.

LMFAO I'm an idiot.

looks like the real issue is not being able to score one more TD a game, which wouldve made the skins anywhere from 4-2 and maybe even undefeated. the defense seems to hold its own, the special teams seem to hold its own. with that said, ownership seems to have done a better job than most people think.

really...the only issue is with not being able to score that one touchdown or that extra touchdown that would really change the whole dynamics of how we view the skins.

i dont think anybody would be critizing zorn, JC, or the front office if the skins wouldve just muster that extra touchdown a game. like i said, that missing extra touchdown is the difference from being 2-4...to being 4-2 and maybe being undefeated. i can see everyone talking about how good the skins are if they couldve only get that extra touchown per game.

and i honestly wont blame the o-line that the skins cant make that extra touchdown per game. if the skins can make that extra touchdown per game, the skins can win more than enough games to be considered a dangerous team because of the defense.

if you think the skins o-line is bad, than what do you make of green bays o-line that allows 25 sacks on rogers...and rogers has one of the best td/int ratio and has a top 5 qb rating and has the packers at 3-2?

the packers has got to have the worst o-line in the league but still is able to compete and score without any problems...with the packers o-line allowing 25 sacks, do you believe that JC would be able to lead the packers to a 3-2 record the way rogers has? i bet the packers would be winless with JC behind the packers o-line. dont blame the 0-line just because a qb cant make a play. for people to complain about how JC isnt getting time to throw, go take a look at rogers of the packers...he has way less time than JC.

with all that said, compare JCs to rogers overall play with their respective o-line and we can agree that its still the qb that makes or breaks the o-line.

+1

JC is starting to sound to me like someone on his way down trying to drag as much of the franchise as possible with him.

Imagine that! Turning on Snyder after all the support and respect he's been shown? Shocking!! What a traitor! .:rolleyes:

Look, JC just isn't very good. I don't think anyone with sense would dispute that anymore. However as with Zorn, Norv and others who deserved to be fired, you just don't treat people that way. Even when you know you're going to have to fire them.

So if that is what JC is doing, good for him. Maybe, just maybe this and everything else will teach $nyder a lesson about.....NAAAAAH, he's not going to learn anything from any of this.

Campbell needs to keep his mouth shut. He speaks the truth, but he's supposed to be a leader. Would Tim Tebow have said that? Hell no.

Really Tim Tebow? I know a lot of people love him, but give me a break, he's a college qb. He wouldn't know the first thing what to do if he got here.

This team is a debacle right now. The FO has basically shown Jim Zorn the door, walked him there, opened it and half halfway kicked him out. The more that becomes public, the more the obvious comes to light; that this FO is in shambles and this team is desperate for some leadership up top.

"They puzzle over his unwavering loyalty to Cerrato, whose personnel decisions have yet to establish any confidence in his ability to assemble a winning NFL roster. They implore Snyder to hire a strong, autonomous general manager who can stand up to the owner and pragmatically address the team's weaknesses."

This part of the article is dead on and is exactly how this 40 year fan feels. I just don't get what Snyder sees in Cerrato. His record speaks for itself. Mediocre at best.

Zorn realized that he isn't going to quit and not get paid. That would be stupid. Zorn is smarter than people are giving him credit for. Zorn has been knee capped from last season after he was chastised for benching Portis in the Ravens game. He would have probably done more but because the management is tight with the players that would never happen. Zorn should stick around and get his 5 million to go away. After all they have put him through he has earned it.

Zorn realized that he isn't going to quit and not get paid. That would be stupid. Zorn is smarter than people are giving him credit for. Zorn has been knee capped from last season after he was chastised for benching Portis in the Ravens game. He would have probably done more but because the management is tight with the players that would never happen. Zorn should stick around and get his 5 million to go away. After all they have put him through he has earned it.

He obviously is going to hang around until they fire him. Put the screws to Dan and get that $5,000,000.

Really Tim Tebow? I know a lot of people love him, but give me a break, he's a college qb. He wouldn't know the first thing what to do if he got here.

This team is a debacle right now. The FO has basically shown Jim Zorn the door, walked him there, opened it and half halfway kicked him out. The more that becomes public, the more the obvious comes to light; that this FO is in shambles and this team is desperate for some leadership up top.

the thing ur missing is the fact that Tebow wins no matter what it takes. if he has to load up the team on his own back and carry them 100 yards... he will. u very seldomly hear that the gators lost cuz of him.

Campbell needs to keep his mouth shut. He speaks the truth, but he's supposed to be a leader. Would Tim Tebow have said that? Hell no.

they have never allowed Campbell to be a leader, sorry. This team from the head down to the toes has the personality of its Overlord Daniel Snyder.

the thing ur missing is the fact that Tebow wins no matter what it takes. if he has to load up the team on his own back and carry them 100 yards... he will. u very seldomly hear that the gators lost cuz of him.

Oh no not the Gators. Who gives a ****? Seriously. This is the NFL we're talking about. There is not a single person in the NFL that can defeat a defense by themselves, the best offensive player in the league (Adrian) still needs blocking.

You contradict your own self. He speaks the truth but needs to keep his mouth shut? Through all he has been through, Campbell has shown nothing but class and character. So what if he said there are more issues than we could know about-that's stating the obvious.

And Tim Tebow-please. You can never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins. Especially at Redskins park under you know who.

The Dan Snyder in me wants all this to go away, stop the embarrassment, get a win against Filthy, fire Zorn, and for this team to move on with it's life. That is short term thinking. That is the legacy of this owner.

The other side of my brain wants this team to completely blow up. I want things SO pathetic and demeaning that Dan has no choice but to either sell the team or fire Vinny. I don't want to see any big name coaches in here without full autonomous control. This may take more than just this season. We must endure the absolute worst circus imaginable in order for us to come out clean on the other side. Become a phoenix, if you will. Only then can we start to build up a team and work ethic that is truly worthy of the Redskins tradition. It is only when you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Hail.

Archived