Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would a motivated buyer go about buying out the redskins?

walker77

I believe so...it basically boils down to raising 1.6B, having Snyder agree to sell, and getting the league to approve the sale.

Does Snyder actually own the entire team or is he simply the majority owner? In either case an individual would have to come up with enough money to convince Snyder or other owner(s) if they exist to sell a majority share of the team. At that point the league would have to approve the sale.

Just because the team is valued at 1.6ish doesn't mean Snyder would sell for that. He may decide if he's going to give up the team he is going to be compensated for it. I think the fans are wasting way too much energy on this whole team selling issue. It's not happening.

I'm no business wizard but If I were in Dannys shoes it would go something like this:

I'm 43, that give me about 30 years as owner.

The team is worth approx. 1.6 billion now

in 30 years the approx. worth will be: XX.XX billion

That's the number I'm looking for, what's your credit score?!?

I'm no business wizard but If I were in Dannys shoes it would go something like this:

I'm 43, that give me about 30 years as owner.

The team is worth approx. 1.6 billion now

in 30 years the approx. worth will be: XX.XX billion

That's the number I'm looking for, what's your credit score?!?

Then you discount XX.XX to present value and arrive at . . . $1.6 billion. That's the value of the team.

hypothetically how big of a loan could one take out with an assumed near perfect credit score and anywhere between 300-500mill cash on hand would one be able to finance a loan to get to the 1.6 billion

Its not based on credit score at that point :)

If you get the right investors the financing works out

You probably need a big institutional partner (like a bank) to get it happen

Snyder is the majority owner...he does not own the skins 100% if i recall correctly. If the goal was to take control over the team then you would only need to buy out Snyders portion, maybe 51%? Snyder has to obviously agree to sell his stake and then the rest of the NFL owners have to approve the sale. If you wanted to have an influence on the teams decisions you would probably be able to purchase a minority stake in the team, if you could get one of the minority owners to sell.

It's simple; it only costs 50 bucks, and it works every time.

Hire a prostitute, have her walk up to Snyder and beg him for drugs or money, but have her do it when he is at a function somewhere, so he will be in front of everyone; ruin his credibility, which is the biggest part of his ego!

Worked on Trading Places didn't it? :silly:

Archived