Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Jason Get the Message?

(sorry for a new JC thread. this seems unique-ish enough, sorry if it isn't)

Clearly this was the loudest message to JC since he's been named the starter for the Redskins. I think this is the first time he's been pulled due to performance. Not to mention that his financial future hinges very much on this season since he's an FA after this season.

I was happy to see him say;

"I'm not even thinking that far ahead. At the moment, I'm not thinking that far ahead at all. I really can't do that right now. But I know this: I am definitely at a critical point of my career.

"Right now, we're just not being successful as we want to be and as I still believe we can be as far as a whole team. We have some great players on this team. We have some things that we can do. But right now, for whatever reason, things are not happening for us. I'm focused on the team, so I really don't want to look far ahead.

"I want us to get this turned around. That's really what I'm thinking about. But, yeah, I am a critical part of my career where you just want the opportunity to try to be successful."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/campbell-discusses-benching-fu.html

Whether he's around past this season or not, it was very hard to tell that he was aware how much his career depended on his play right now. I'm glad to see he gets it.

this was campbell's make-or-break season. unfortunately, he doesn't have enough talent here to do anything. on a more talented team, i think campbell could be a pretty successful QB.

he might get another shot somewhere, but it looks more like patrick ramsey v2. he appears destined to be a career backup.

This guy might be a solid QB in an alternate universe. In this universe, he sucks, and sucks really badly. Don't let his physical skill set fool you. The guy chokes on big plays as if his life depended on it.

Sorry, this team isn't great enough to compensate for a mediocre QB. It's been five years and all he has is excuses. Where as you have guys like Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan turning around the offensive fortunes of other wise inept offensive teams.

He's done and for good reason. He is not a good QB at all. He'll make a good back up QB somewhere.

No, thats not the case. But the Redskins FO should learn how to properly operate and show some class. Few player deserve the treatment he got this past offseason. In all honestly, I think he'll end up being like Leftwich...a decent backup.

WHat "treatment" would that be? The fact that the FO wanted a legit upgrade at the most important position??? This happens in the NFL all the time, but people's feelings for Campbell as a nice guy have people crying that he's been mistreated. He's no different than any other player: he's expendable.

Sorry bud, that's the nature of the biz.

He'll be bagging groceries in 5 years.

I seriously doubt it. Possibly coaching or assistant coaching high school football. Maybe at the smaller college level. All the different systems he's been in, he'll make a good offensive co-ordinator. And he's too well known as a great guy by coaches, players and the media not to end up with some sort of football related job. He'll be fine, even if he's no more than a backup quarterback from here on and then fades out of the NFL.

This guy might be a solid QB in an alternate universe. In this universe, he sucks, and sucks really badly. Don't let his physical skill set fool you. The guy chokes on big plays as if his life depended on it.

Sorry, this team isn't great enough to compensate for a mediocre QB. It's been five years and all he has is excuses. Where as you have guys like Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan turning around the offensive fortunes of other wise inept offensive teams.

He's done and for good reason. He is not a good QB at all. He'll make a good back up QB somewhere.

He will not make a good backup anywhere. He is not an NFL caliber player.

If there were lingering question about his abilities, that might be the case, but there are no questions remaining. He can't play QB at the NFL level.

He was over valued as a 1st rd pick. Got a huge contract that he played out and is setup for life financially.

I hope JC finds another team with a real O line and smokes the Redskins. He is a solid QB, maybe not a Super Bowl winner, but solid. Nobody in their right mind would join the skins unless the FO changes. In fact, we are lucky to have Campbell.

Spoken like a true fan of the Skins, I mean Campbell!

This undying loyalty to a QB who has done absolutly nothing except fail, is head scratching to say the least.

Lucky to have Campbell? For what? Being the alternative to Jamarcus Russell?:laugh::doh:

Archived