Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can someone please try to explain to me why Collins isn't given a chance to play?

ceviker

TC has two drives. On the first we get a long completion. Woot. Second a huge run. double woot.

Okay still ordinary in the redzone but we got ther in a hurry.

You can't tell me you don't see everyone on the team with an extra step can you? It's like getting a fresh set of batteries.

Well, let's see where this takes us. We won't really know until after the bye week. This game is not going to tell us anything really, because he's got to get his feet wet again.

Exactly. We just need to find a way to win this game and then get him ready for Philly.

Well, let's see where this takes us. We won't really know until after the bye week. This game is not going to tell us anything really, because he's got to get his feet wet again.

It does not matter if Collins is the answer or not. Long term, of course he is not.

The central question has been whether JC should be starting. And he absolutely should not. Many of us have been pointing that out for 2 years, and the same bunch of loud mouths call us haters, agenda boys, and even suggested we don't like JC for racial reasons. It's complete bull****. And those that have been accusing us of that need to come on here and apologize for it.

This benching was the team finally admitting that JC should be our QB and Todd Collins is at least as competent.

Nope. Not today. Not even close.

Sorry but you could not be more incorrect. Nice catchy thing to say though.

I wasn't even close? I could not be more incorrect?

Other than the first drive of the 2nd half that lead to 3 points, Collins has not been any better than Campbell, he was actually worse.

As I said, the problems of this offense are far beyond what Todd Collins can fix.

Other than the first drive of the 2nd half that lead to 3 points, Collins has not been any better than Campbell.

As I said, the problems of this offense are far beyond what Todd Collins can fix.

When was the last time Todd got to practice with the first team? Wait til he gets some reps. I mean Jason got to be 18-24 can't Todd get a game or two?

:doh:

It does not matter if Collins is the answer or not. Long term, of course he is not.

The central question has been whether JC should be starting. And he absolutely should not. Many of us have been pointing that out for 2 years, and the same bunch of loud mouths call us haters, agenda boys, and even suggested we don't like JC for racial reasons. It's complete bull****. And those that have been accusing us of that need to come on here and apologize for it.

This benching was the team finally admitting that JC should be our QB and Todd Collins is at least as competent.

Well, of course he's not the long term solution, but he's the better one for right now, and for a chance to do anything with this season. Campbell was not the only problem with this offense though, but I think this is all a moot point now. The Campbell era in D.C. is over, this was his last chance. No way he's here next season. Who our starting QB will be next year is anybody's guess at this point.

TC has two drives. On the first we get a long completion. Woot. Second a huge run. double woot.

Okay still ordinary in the redzone but we got ther in a hurry.

If it took a QB change make Zorn call 3 pass plays form a spread formation inside the RZ then i guess it bonus.

If benching JC makes Zorn realizes that he has to do something different with the playcalling then so be it.

But, it reeks of scapegoat.

Hopefully Collins can do something with his opportunity.

HTTR!

When was the last time Todd got to practice with the first team? Wait til he gets some reps. I mean Jason got to be 18-24 can't Todd get a game or two?

:doh:

It's not that his timing is off, his throws and mechanics are off. He looks just as bad as he did in the preseason. Put Jason back in, this experiment with Collins failed miserably.

Has this half of football been enough to show Collins isn't any better? Yes. Will the Campbell haters make excuses like "wah let him practice with the first team"? Yes.

Now we have a real QB controversey, as usual in Washington. Except this year it's which QB is worse, not which is better.

Archived