Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The turn around starts this week.

Rocky52Mc

The Chiefs bring forth a TERRIBLE defensive team, and it's about time that we capitalize. Our backs are against the wall and when you push a human to that extent, they try to break out. This is when we do it. This isn't about how bad we play crap teams, this is about finally stepping up and playing a crap team like a crap team deserves to be played! The in-experienced O-line now has a week of hard practice under their belt, there's been nasty comments made by our own players, it's time everyone who actually makes an impact on Sunday realizes what's going on for real, it's time to play.

We are 2-0 at home this season, and make it 3-0. After that, make it 4-0. We will play up to the Eagles level and once again become SOLID. I don't guarantee playoffs, but I guarantee we don't finish in the bottom 14 of this league. We start the season out 2-3 in the first 5 games, but last year we started the 2nd half off with 2-6 in the final 8 games. Which would you rather have? - A repeat of last years team, or actual contenders come December.

Key stats through 5 games -

Chiefs:

Larry Johnson avg. 2.4 YPD

Defense: 2 interceptions

Last 5 games:

1 @BAL L 38-24

2 OAK L 13-10

3 @PHI L 34-14

4 NYG L 27-16

5 DAL L 26-20 (OT)

A total of 84 points scored and 138 against.

Away from home they've been scored on at least 34 points a game.

Away from home Larry Johnson also has a combined 58 yard rushing total.

And a combined 267 passing yards from both Croyle and Cassel with Cassel only turning in 90.

Redskins:

2-0 at home.

Portis rushes for both 98, 79 yards.

Campbell has passed for 412 yards through 2 home games.

The Chiefs bring fourth a TERRIBLE defensive team, and it's about time that we capitalize. Our backs are against the wall and when you push a human to that extent, they try to break out. This is when we do it. This isn't about how bad we play crap teams, this is about finally stepping up and playing a crap team like a crap team deserves to be played! The in-experienced O-line now has a week of hard practice under their belt, there's been nasty comments made by our own players, it's time everyone who actually makes an impact on Sunday realizes what's going on for real, it's time to play.

We are 2-0 at home this season, and make it 3-0. After that, make it 4-0. We will play up to the Eagles level and once again become SOLID. I don't guarantee playoffs, but I guarantee we don't finish in the bottom 14 of this league. We start the season out 2-3 in the first 5 games, but last year we started the 2nd half off with 2-6 in the final 8 games. Which would you rather have? - A repeat of last years team, or actual contenders come December.

Key stats through 5 games -

Chiefs:

Larry Johnson avg. 2.4 YPD

Defense: 2 interceptions

Last 5 games:

1 @BAL L 38-24

2 OAK L 13-10

3 @PHI L 34-14

4 NYG L 27-16

5 DAL L 26-20 (OT)

A total of 84 points scored and 138 against.

Away from home they've been scored on at least 34 points a game.

Away from home Larry Johnson also has a combined 58 yard rushing total.

And a combined 267 passing yards from both Croyle and Cassel with Cassel only turning in 90.

I think maybe you are correct! If there is to be a turn around, It will start this week. Why do some of you watch games? To see how much we'll lose by?

Last 5 games:

1 @BAL L 38-24

2 OAK L 13-10

3 @PHI L 34-14

4 NYG L 27-16

5 DAL L 26-20 (OT)

What I'm seeing here is that they put up 24 points against Baltimore's defense, and 16 against New York's defense, both of which are better than our defense. They also put up 20 against Dallas and 14 against Philly, which are both somewhat comparable to ours.

Tell me (and keep in mind that our ONLY good offensive lineman is out) how we are going to put up the 15-20 points it will take to beat them when we have already played horrible defenses and didn't score that much.

I think we'll win' date=' but I don't necessarily think we will turn things around. I think the Chiefs just are that bad. We will win another close game at home I think and that will give people some hope that we can beat Philly on monday night.

:logo:[/quote']

But a win is maybe all we need. If this team can get the feel of a win again, I believe it really increases our chances of beating Philly with a momentum booster.

Dallas nearly lost to this team, but did you see how they won by? The Chiefs are a pathetic defense and they can't tackle. It looks like they have zero heart, it really does. Their rushing game is non-existent but their passing game is good.

Our own defensive backs talked some smack this week about this team, it's time they put up or shut up themselves as they'll be tested through the air, but if Zorn applies a good ground attack, this will slow down their offense and we should walk away with a 7+ win.

I think we'll win' date=' but I don't necessarily think we will turn things around. I think the Chiefs just are that bad. We will win another close game at home I think and that will give people some hope that we can beat Philly on monday night.

:logo:[/quote']

Yep, it'll be another ugly one. Two bad teams squaring off and the one that makes less mistakes will win by a couple points. Most likely a 16-14 type game, and I'm not real confident we'll be the ones with 16.

So your money is us getting injured? How can you honestly predict that.

Fortunately for him, and his prediction, were talking about football and not basket weaving, so the odds of someone getting hurt are probably in his favor. Now, why did he decide to bring it into your "feel good" thread, who knows why half these guys post what they do?

Diggin' the optimism R52!!

HTTR!

:logo:

But a win is maybe all we need. If this team can get the feel of a win again, I believe it really increases our chances of beating Philly with a momentum booster.

I think what we'll see is the team spring to life in the Philly game. There's something about the NFC East divisional games. It doesn't matter where teams are getting wins and losses...they all come to play.

Last year's Philly game was drag-out that "saved" Zorn's job.

I think what we'll see is the team spring to life in the Philly game. There's something about the NFC East divisional games. It doesn't matter where teams are getting wins and losses...they all come to play.

Last year's Philly game was drag-out that "saved" Zorn's job.

Well we either enter the bye week (2-5,4-3,3-4) and I my money is 4-3. We play Philly good, and come Monday night, we need to play hard as hell and the players will, knowing we got 2 weeks of rest.

Archived