Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else concerned that Daniels is playing

B.Rob

Zorn's own words were "He did tear the biceps off the lower part of his arm. He is gonna play". While I certainly don't have images of the man's bicep dangling off, are we really going to start a man with 1.5 arms? Phil hasn't really been making plays with two good arms. I really hope Jarmon gets the start.

I'm not trying to be smart or anything, but don't you think that the 5th ranked defense in the league should take a back seat to our very poor offense as far as worrying goes right now?

I figure this is something the team can actually control. If Zorn sucks at playcalling...he's not going to get it fixed by Sunday. Same goes to the O-line, JC, young WR's, and everything else we've been dying on the inside about.

I figure this is something the team can actually control. If Zorn sucks at playcalling...he's not going to get it fixed by Sunday. Same goes to the O-line, JC, young WR's, and everything else we've been dying on the inside about.
I asked this question in another thread; is there something wrong with OT Levi Jones that I don't know about? I mean he is a free agent, we have serious OL issues and he is now working out for the Lions.

I asked this question in another thread; is there something wrong with OT Levi Jones that I don't know about? I mean he is a free agent, we have serious OL issues and he is now working out for the Lions.

He's extremely injury prone and wants a pretty hefty contract. Those are the only negatives I am aware of.

The move of Orakpo to LB is largely a failure because of the non productive play of the LDE and SAM. Do you see the SAM in our defense doing anything?

Our best pass rusher stuck chasing around no name tight ends. Running and passing downs is a thing of the past. Yet Daniels out there religiously on 1st and 10. Teams pass on first down, and our pass rush is non existent yet again.

Yeah we cant risk Daniels hurting himself and the team further. Phil is strong as an ox slow as molasses; he should be a DT. Blache is a fool.

John Elway won a super bowl with a torn bicep, all season

a triceps tear is a worse injury

After thinking about it, I think that's true of Daniels as well. He doesn't really need biceps to get his arms on a tackle. Combine that with the fact that he's not going to hurt himself anymore than he already has, and knowing that his career could be over if he sits out again, I'm not shocked hes out there.

Now, I find it funny when people say he "hurts" the team being out there, but when he isn't out there, people actually realize his value.

The biceps actually gives you relatively little of your arm flexion strength, perhaps 20-40% percent. It's main function is to supinate, or to turn the palm up. Losing just a bit of flexion strength may not be a big deal to most D-linemen or O-lineman. They do more pushing than pulling anyway.

From his FB status it looks like this will be his last year playing:

Update: I have a torn biceps tendon and opted to play rather than have surgery. Surgery would be a easier repair if I got it now and becomes a reconstruction later. I decided to wait until career is over to get it done. Thanks for all your prayers. I will be alright.

Daniels has what, no sacks this season so I guess on the bright side he cant really be any more unproductive w 1 1/2 arms than w 2. I'm of the end the failed Orakpo experiment as well!! Our decision making personnel wise is downright atrocious! Last year we drafted arguably the top two receivers and the BEST TE outta college. But apparently all 3 were too clueless to see the field. In my opinion this has to be coaching! There is no way that 3 shoulda been 1st round talents cannot see the field on a team w/ the struggles we have on Offense. then this year we take the BEST DE outta college and for some unknown reason we put him in at LB?! Go figure!!? Kinda seems as if we dont know what the hell we are doing and they dont understand why we're so bad?! Well, HELLO!

Archived