Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive Line: Expect Campbell to get Trucked Soon

Reaganaut

thats my mistake. i think he was cut on september 5th and then resigned, i just never knew he resigned to their practice squad.

so i apologize to the chase daniel fan club, he is in fact on the saints practice squad, practicing for glory!

Wrong again pal...he's on their 53-man roster. But you're getting warmer at least.

Wrong again pal...he's on their active roster. But you're getting warmer at least.

lol, man i cant get it right!

"Saints September 7: LB Stanley Arnoux signed/draft choice; WR Adrian Arrington added to practice squad; G Tim Duckworth added to practice squad; CB Danny Gorrer added to practice squad; RB P.J. Hill added to practice squad; DE Jermey Parnell added to practice squad; DT DeMario Pressley added to practice squad; WR Matt Simon added to practice squad; QB Chase Daniel added to practice squad; LB Stanley Arnoux granted roster exemption"

thats the last addition to his player page on espn. i wonder why it never mentioned he was promoted to the active roster.

so i apologize to the chase daniel fan club, he is in fact on the saints practice squad, practicing for glory!

You notice how most of the Chase people were anti-Colt and most of them were pro-Campbell.

Just like the anti-Collins people are almost exclusively (with the exception of peeps like Buford who think everything is so bad with the org that no one will make a difference---was he here in 2007 when people said the same thing? I thought he was...) pro-campbell.

Basically, the entire team gets bashed and derided and rooted AGAINST for the sake of Campbell. What a strange way to be a REDSKIN fan.

You notice how most of the Chase people were anti-Colt and most of them were pro-Campbell.

Just like the anti-Collins people are almost exclusively (with the exception of peeps like Buford who think everything is so bad with the org that no one will make a difference---was he here in 2007 when people said the same thing? I thought he was...) pro-campbell.

Basically, the entire team gets bashed and derided and rooted AGAINST for the sake of Campbell. What a strange way to be a REDSKIN fan.

I agree but I think the difference is people who understand the game and understand skill and talent of a player versus those who don't. Me for example I ran out of patience last year after being on and off. I also realized awhile ago that this so called "all the talent in the world" scenario was false. Campbell just had a big arm. That doesnt make you talented and unfortunately when it comes to qb its your ability to process information quickly and get rid of the ball quickly that matter the most. You don't even really need to be that smart to play the position but you can't be slow.

That solves absolutely NOTHING.

The only people who think Collins can do anything are the moron fans on this board and Todd Collins.

Well if collins can't do anything then why is Campbell in this league? Collins proved already he was a better QB. I wont go as far as saying Collins is a good QB or a starter but that is my point.

youre right, its pretty funny that people are still kinda sticking up for some scrub we released to another teams practice squad. and you know by now thats its never jasons fault, its always something else.

its just a shame that samuels is out, because the excuse is already there for him. no matter how bad he plays on sunday, its gonna be because of the oline, no matter what the real reason is (which is usually just cause hes jason campbell lol).

That solves absolutely NOTHING.

The only people who think Collins can do anything are the moron fans on this board and Todd Collins.

It's funny how this is JUST like 2007. I wish Mooka would go back and check to see how many anti-Snyder threads were started at the time, or maybe there were fewer because Gibbs was the head man. I don't remember.

No one is saying Collins is a guaranteed solution but there are things he typically does better than Campbell. I wish Colt weren't hurt because he can move around a bit more which might be important with this line. But the line was fine a few weeks ago. Samuels got hurt, Rinehart got benched after what seemed like an OK game (slow start, decent finish.)

Were you on this board then? Should we investigate what you said then too? I'm just curious what you said if you were on the board because I remember the SAME stuff about there not being any chance of Collins succeeding and then the Bears did what Joe Gibbs was close to doing but had not yet gotten the courage to do---put Jason out of the lineup.

Yep, Moss was a has-been, Portis is a has-been, the offensive lineman are horrible, Kelly and Thomas can't catch. I guess that only leaves Cooley, who did not catch a pass this week so I guess he is over rated. All we want to see is if one change can make the team succeed and they want none of it.

Any decent HC with an "NFL" QB who can read defenses will be able to handle (i) blitzes and (ii) a defense designed to exploit a battered Oline. Stop the nonsense already. Skins have a good defense ... all they need is 20-22 points per game ... too much to ask of JC ... but maybe not with a Collins or a Garcia. I'd be happy with the Skins at 3-3 going up against the Eagelets ... a team the Skins match up well against.

You know, it occurs to me that there may be a racial issue with Jason Campbell where his supporters break down the same way that Obama voters break down. I can't imagine Collins having done anything to bring on this type of strong reaction by any fan. Just curious Rocky52, are you white, black, asian, native american?

here's the thing that's funny to me. The very first people to involve race in the discussion were Campbell supporters.

But it's occurred to me that there may have been a strong element of projection involved in it, since it was a left-field, bizarre kind of invocation of the subject in the first place.

I think youth is also an explanation, both from ignorance and a neglect of recent history (2007) with these exact same debates. The young are the most likely not to understand the place of history and its lessons, and very few of them seem to have any frame of reference for quarterback play.

There are some others who seem to be racial solidarists, while others simply pull for Jason due to his being picked by Gibbs---nevermind that Gibbs had cooled on Campbell by the end of 2007. I once said Gibbs would ultimately be judged on Campbell, since we spent so much time and draft picks to get the veteran placeholder that we didn't need, Campbell and rejected a guy who had played better than both while here under Gibbs.

People blindly support campbell for their own agenda. There is many different reason but almost none of them are rational. It's also more fairweather fans or less hardcore/intellectual that seem to support campbell.

Wrong, I support Campbell because he gives us the best chance to win in a 0-0 game.

here's the thing that's funny to me. The very first people to involve race in the discussion were Campbell supporters.

But it's occurred to me that there may have been a strong element of projection involved in it, since it was a left-field, bizarre kind of invocation of the subject in the first place.

I think youth is also an explanation, both from ignorance and a neglect of recent history (2007) with these exact same debates. The young are the most likely not to understand the place of history and its lessons, and very few of them seem to have any frame of reference for quarterback play.

There are some others who seem to be racial solidarists, while others simply pull for Jason due to his being picked by Gibbs---nevermind that Gibbs had cooled on Campbell by the end of 2007. I once said Gibbs would ultimately be judged on Campbell, since we spent so much time and draft picks to get the veteran placeholder that we didn't need, Campbell and rejected a guy who had played better than both while here under Gibbs.

I actually bleeped myself, but you managed to nail me before I did it. Crap. Nobody can talk about race ever and I should have known. I just wasn't quick enough. Jimmy Carter called Obama detractors racists. That was in my thinking, but it was not a good thing to ask as a question. Collins hasn't done anything to make people this angry. I was just wondering.

reaganaut, what? You need to recall my posting history. I called people out on their labeling of the US 2004 Olympic basketball team as "thugs" (Czaban rooted for Argentina..hmmm, seems interesting to me) and I've always been open to the discussion when it's relevant. I have no issue either with wondering why people seem to have a hate for the last QB to do anything with our franchise when he's still on the roster.

I'm just giving a total picture of the psychological reasons for it. There are a number of insanely obvious racial solidarists who stand behind Jason and supported him throughout AND bashed guys like Colt and Todd because they were highly desirous that a black QB (wearing #17 no less) would succeed. The recent history of the black QB in the league is not a fantastic one and I think people are becoming more and more desperate to see some success there. There are also a fair number of obvious racial paternalists (the white posters who seem to fail to understand that many Campbell critics are black or mixed race and rooted for black QBs back in the Randall/Warren Moon days) and label others racially motivated in an attempt to smear us or preempt actual debate.

But when you mention it, be prepared to get hammered. I didn't hammer you at all, I just responded with a comprehensive view of where people are coming from, I thought.

I agree with both you. At 24 I guess I'm considered the young side only really remembering back to gus frerotte/trent green but I know football/talent/general things of life very well. The last thing I care about is race and putting Collins in has nothing to do with it. It never factors into anything or crosses my mind. When I think of campbell I dont think hes a bad qb who is black I see the same failures of him as I see in other qbs both white and black. I rarely even compare campell to black qbs and not because I;m afraid of racial issues but because there just is not many black qb's starting in the league or in history. Regardless of race he is compared just as any other qb in this league. We all know people pull for people that remind them of themselves and I do sometimes fall into the category like last night I made a joke "peyton manning is the only qb that can make a white WR look good" That comment was also directed toward a friend who does see race and had less to do about what I care about and more to play into his viewpoints in life and have something to laugh about.

Campbell is not a good qb but it is because many of the same reasons lots of qbs have not been good in the past. Race does not matter in terms of ability of a qb. The only way race plays a role is that in earlier years of life more traditional coaches may see race and try to adapt players into what they seem more fitting for. If you ask me about athleticism I'll tell you more often then not the guys that can't run well that play qb seem to be better passers but it is because they spend more time working on the things that are needed to be a better passer and growing up they were not able to outrun people so learning to slide and get out of the way and focus on the pass was more beneficial to success versus guys that can run were more likely to get out of the pocket and make a play. You could go on and on and I now realize im off subject topic so I'll leave it at that.

Archived