Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Offensive Line: Expect Campbell to get Trucked Soon

Reaganaut

With injuries on the offensive line, it is virtually certain Campbell will get KILLED back there as teams tee off on him. I don't think he makes it past the Philly game. They're going to blitz blitz blitz. Why not?

Collins won't do a whole lot better back there unfortunately.

So... what happens when Collins goes down late in the season? Brennan isn't there so we might have...

Drumroll...

Antwaan Randle El as the Skins quarterback. Backup will be... Joe Ganz formerly from the University of Nebraska. Hopefully Campbell won't be too badly injured so he can come back late in the season for whatever that's worth.

(P.S. I am NOT a Campbell hater. It's always been like kissing my sister since he joined the team. It really is too bad for Colt Brennan... this season was his golden opportunity.)

Good. Then you can see how Collins wouldn't solve anything.

I hope you aren't pinning that on me Buford...:D

I am agnostic on QB. I have been saying that Zorn has been deconstructing a lot of players and they have primarily gotten worse not better. Collins is in that group as well. He does have better leadership qualities than Campbell.

Collins hasn't looked great under Zorn though. I do think he would provide a spark and get the young receivers more involved. That's not enough to save the season.

My ultimate fix is to blow up the entire offense in the offseason, draft only offensive lineman in the top rounds, then get every big name offensive lineman we can get when the salary cap is off.

Samuels is at the very end of his career. We need a replacement for him with our highest draft pick and the next two picks go to the rest of the line. Dockery can stay as a backup.

Obviously, we need a great GM and a great coach. Oh, and a new owner.

Or he will show that Jason's the piece of crap I think he is. No one knows how Collins will improve or hurt the offense until you give the guy a chance. The last time he was given an opportunity he completely changed our teams future and did great. Campbells been sucking since his first chance and never ever gotten better. I'm more inclined to believe your horribly wrong about Collins sucking then you think your right. History and Zorn's inability to not do a damn thing as Offensive cordinator is what I'm leaning on, what are you baising your belief on?

But would it hurt anything to bench JC and put TC in?

It is crystal clear that JC will not get any better, he is mirroring Vince Young, except Vince can actually run.

Even if TC comes in and stinks up the joint, at least it will be one less issue to deal with later, but hec, he stepped in for JC before and got us in the playoffs! and actually threw a ball that was catchable by the receivers!

Why prolong the inevitable? make the switch now; who knows, it may save the season...

I disagree.

What is the downside of playing him?

Do you believe we have any chance in hell of getting anywhere with JC this season?

And do you believe there is any chance of JC being here next season?

If the answer to those two questions is no.....then start TC.

But would it hurt anything to bench JC and put TC in?

It is crystal clear that JC will not get any better, he is mirroring Vince Young, except Vince can actually run.

Even if TC comes in and stinks up the joint, at least it will be one less issue to deal with later, but hec, he stepped in for JC before and got us in the playoffs! and actually threw a ball that was catchable by the receivers!

Why prolong the inevitable? make the switch now; who knows, it may save the season...

Think about what you are saying... save the season?

The only way Collins is ever going to get in is if Campbell get's trucked. This is what is going to happen. We may see Randle El taking snaps soon. Seriously.

I disagree.

Do you believe we have any chance in hell of getting anywhere with JC this season?

i'm almost inclined to agree

but at this point i'm focused on next year's draft. if we aren't going to the playoffs, i dont want to be in the middle of the draft

leave campbell in, secure a top 5pick and draft the best o-lineman out there or our next future signal caller

I disagree.

My answer to those two are maybe, but more of a chance than with TC. :saber:

but at this point i'm focused on next year's draft. if we aren't going to the playoffs, i dont want to be in the middle of the draft

leave campbell in, secure a top 5pick and draft the best o-lineman out there or our next future signal caller

I believe you try one more game....this time with TC.

If we lose to KC with TC....then lose them out.

It wasn't like our line was healthy when Todd started last time either.

Samuels was iffy and missed some time. Heyer was worse than he is now. Fabini was starting at tackle for a bit.

It caught up with us in the Seattle game, where the crowd noise led to numerous false starts or the d-line getting a great jump, but up until then Todd's ability to see the field and process things quickly kept defenses off him for the most part.

But who the heck knows? I do think a QB change is inevitable. Either JC will get hurt or the offense will keep struggling and the Zorn will make the only change he can -- at QB.

What's baffling to me is how much job security JC has had over the years. I like the guy, but what has he done to deserve it? I mean, Andy Reid benched McNabb last year, but JC is untouchable?

Why are we paying Todd Collins three mil a year?

Seriously, is there any way the offense could look worse under Collins?

Again, it's baffling at this point.

That means, realistically, we are going to put up under 20 pts.

Whenever you put up less than 20 pts, odds are you are going to lose.

Doesn't matter what other teams do against common opponents. The Redskins don't score more than 20 points against ANYONE. They can't even top 17. That is their ceiling. They've played several bad defenses, and have another on tap for next week. It doesn't matter. They can only get a max of 17/game.

The Rams are routinely giving up 30+/game. Except against the Redskins, who could only manage 9 points.

It wasn't like our line was healthy when Todd started last time either.

Samuels was iffy and missed some time. Heyer was worse than he is now. Fabini was starting at tackle for a bit.

It caught up with us in the Seattle game, where the crowd noise led to numerous false starts or the d-line getting a great jump, but up until then Todd's ability to see the field and process things quickly kept defenses off him for the most part.

But who the heck knows? I do think a QB change is inevitable. Either JC will get hurt or the offense will keep struggling and the Zorn will make the only change he can -- at QB.

What's baffling to me is how much job security JC has had over the years. I like the guy, but what has he done to deserve it? I mean, Andy Reid benched McNabb last year.

This is spot on. People were saying the same thing 2 years ago - the OL is garbage, Portis is old, the receivers aren't getting it done, etc. Then, Campbell got hurt. And the offense came to life.

Why is it so far-fetched a notion that getting a QB back there that knows how to read the defense and can get rid of the ball quickly could really improve how this offense works?

For crying out loud, the Redskins have played 4 straight games against atrocious defenses, and it still can't produce. How can it hurt to try Collins???? :mad:

For crying out loud, the Redskins have played 4 straight games against atrocious defenses, and it still can't produce. How can it hurt to try Collins???? :mad:

It just makes no sense.

Does anyone think JC is going to be here next year?

I can't imagine it.

Then why not go to Todd? How can it possibly hurt?

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But one thing is clear: it's not working now.

I am all for losing after we are mathematically eliminated. We are a long way away from there. The Jason Campbell era is over. There is no resuscitating it. The time to give Todd his chance is overdue.

Think about what you are saying... save the season?

The only way Collins is ever going to get in is if Campbell get's trucked. This is what is going to happen. We may see Randle El taking snaps soon. Seriously.

Yes I may be stretching, but I do know the current QB isn't doing squat! Some teams that start out good do end up running out of steam later in the season, so it is a possibility. Hopefully JC will be benched; at least we will know if TC can pull it off or not, its worth a try, thats all i'm saying...

Yes I may be stretching, but I do know the current QB isn't doing squat! Some teams that start out good do end up running out of steam later in the season, so it is a possibility. Hopefully JC will be benched; at least we will know if TC can pull it off or not, its worth a try, thats all i'm saying...

Agreed, worth a try. The season was done before it started this year. No offensive line replacements.

Archived