Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doug Williams gets his own Xbox game (or at least his picture/name on the box)

deejaydana

The game is to show the HBC's(Historically Black Colleges) teams that don't appear on the EA's College Football game. You might see Hampton, Grambling, Southern, Florida A&M, or the schools that are scheduled by the bigger schools during the year. Also you get to see different rivals(Southern vs Grambling, or NC A&T vs SC A&T) in the different leagues (MEAC, SWAC), that really don't get no face time either in the bigger games.

This is interesting. I don't play college football games, so I don't have any experience with them.

I wonder why the bigger games have not capitalized on this market. Young black males make up a large part of the sports gaming market. It would seem obvious to include some of the bigger HBC football tradition to the games.

As I said, I dont play college football games, do they usually not include much stuff from the HBC colleges?

This is interesting. I don't play college football games, so I don't have any experience with them.

I wonder why the bigger games have not capitalized on this market. Young black males make up a large part of the sports gaming market. It would seem obvious to include some of the bigger HBC football tradition to the games.

As I said, I dont play college football games, do they usually not include much stuff from the HBC colleges?

They include some of them, but not a majority of them. You don't have the Circle City Classic which is a big thing in Indianapolis(can't remember who is playing), and the Heritage Bowl, which is played at the end of the year. Lots of interesting games come out of HBCU's. Just don't get no airtime.

step outside of the big picture here. disregard everything and look at this objectively. now tell me why it's necessary to create a videogame that is exclusively about one race? I hate double standards of all colors, hues, and sizes and nothing escapes my wrath :evil:

It's about one experience, not one race. I don't think you get to perform the halftime shows in NCAA '10. You get to get involved in halftime and learn about the history of these schools. People see the name and get their panties in a bunch. It's like if the Ivy Leage had a game which shows their whole experience. I wouldn't buy either but recognize their are people who love their type of football.

It's about one experience, not one race. I don't think you get to perform the halftime shows in NCAA '10. You get to get involved in halftime and learn about the history of these schools. People see the name and get their panties in a bunch. It's like if the Ivy Leage had a game which shows their whole experience. I wouldn't buy either but recognize their are people who love their type of football.

I don't think he was referring to the game in that comment.

Simple: Americans are taught to feel guilty about a past we had no control over.
You ever been to a Historical Black College?

Anybody trying to play the "well if there was a White College Football Experience game it would be called racist!" card here, has no clue what they're actually talking about.

The college football atmosphere and overall experience is actually a lot different at Historical Black Colleges than your regular D1 like UF or USC or whatever.

That's all this game is about.

The game is to show the HBC's(Historically Black Colleges) teams that don't appear on the EA's College Football game. You might see Hampton, Grambling, Southern, Florida A&M, or the schools that are scheduled by the bigger schools during the year. Also you get to see different rivals(Southern vs Grambling, or NC A&T vs SC A&T) in the different leagues (MEAC, SWAC), that really don't get no face time either in the bigger games.

Wow, I can't believe it took until post #24 to find a poster that actually has a clue.

Well that makes sense. So there are other race' in this game then? Or does EA refuse to add black colleges to their game?

edit: sorry about the dbl post

EA refuses to add HBCU's to their games.

Which is why this game is perfectly fine. And to those saying "When is the white college football experience going to come out?"

There already is one......NCAA Football 10. Besides HBCU's overall atmosphere is completely different than normal colleges. From marching bands, to school pride, it is entirely different.

I would assume they're about tradition?

Basically, yeah. But it's nothing to do with making anybody feel guilty about anything.

Florida A&M, or FAMU, the school I'm most familiar with from Tallahassee, is one of the most prestigious Historical Black Colleges in the nation and has all races of students (although yes, it's mostly black, I think 85 or 90 percent so). They have great architecture and journalism programs and also do a lot of dual enrollment with FSU.

A lot of their tradition goes back to when it was a school only for black students, back in the early 1900s I believe, and how the university has grown since then through the Civil Rights movement and onward, a particularly big deal down in the South. The Black Student Union, the African American Greek organizations like Alpha Phi Alpha and Alpha Kappa Alpha, and especially FAMU Homecoming are all pretty big deals in the area. FAMU Homecoming gets attention from a lot of areas in the South.

Their football team, the Rattlers, was actually featured on ESPN College Gameday a couple years ago, with Corso, Fowler, and Herbstreit broadcasting from their campus.

I think they also have one of the most renowned marching bands in the nation.

That's all this video game is about. A big football game at a Historical Black College is just crazy, and a totally different experience than your regular D1 game. The fraternities all sit together in their colors and jerseys and will stand up and step dance in the bleachers to get the crowd riled up, the marching band performances during half time are a show, it's just an extremely unique event. The school pride they have is insanely hardcore.

segregation in general, but specifically the thought process behind this video game.
Well, Black Historical Colleges aren't really segregated. Anybody from any race can go to them, and a lot of them actually encourage multinational Greek organizations or other student groups to get involved and do things built on their own diversity.

All this video game is doing is letting somebody in on the experience of the football game atmosphere at a BHCU, which as has already been stated in this thread, is completely different from regular D1 college football games.

Archived