mk2.png

mk3.png

mk4.png

mk5.png

mk6.png

mk7.png

mk8.png

mk9.png

To me it looks like the ball was under-thrown. If JC had thrown the ball over is head instead of in-front of him then it would have not been an INT. Maybe JC likes to over throw Moss instead. :silly:

A poster said that MK slowed down and hence the interception. From the stills it looks like they were running at the exact same speed. The only time MK slows down is when he is trying to reach to knock the ball out of the DB's hand which he did either a poor job of or the DB just had better control of the ball.

Thoughts?

Edit: Here is the video in Slow-mo but you must download to see it: http://theredskins.ghznetworks.com/images/mk2.avi

It looks to me like MK was covered like white on rice.

Throw never should have been made. Poor decision by JC.

correct. he probably already had his mind made up that he was gonna go to kelly and just chucked it up even though he was blanketed. best case scenario with that throw is that the ball gets batted down for an incompletion.

1To me it looks like the ball was under thrown. If JC had thrown the ball over is head instead of in-front of him then it would have not been an INT. Maybe JC likes to over throw Moss instead. :silly:

I don't know dude Kelly didn't get off the jam, Talib has Kelly covered like a blanket.

If JC throws that ball out front who is to say that Talib does pick that one off as well?

A poster said that MK slowed down and hence the interception. From the stills it looks like they were running at the exact same speed. The only time MK slows down is when he is trying to reach to knock the ball out of the DB's hand which he did either a poor job of or the DB just had better control of the ball.

Thoughts?

Imo the interception happened because JC threw a 50/50 ball hoping that Kelly would come down with it.

*And Kelly almost did come down with it, it looked like he had a better bead on the ball then Talib did but he somehow missed the ball.

It was a risk that didn't work.

UNDERTHROWN? Jesus....

Should it have been thrown? Probably not........Kelly got ZERO seperation. But underthrown......come onnnnnnnnn look where he is reaching for the ball.

JC had the worse game of his career.....dont think anyone is arguing that. Not sure why some are trying to convince us that he sucked on sunday.....he sucked really badly in the first half.

. . . if the ball is under thrown, then how is it AHEAD of Kelly?

He's REACHING OUT two feet upfield for this UNDER thrown ball?

Sorry, no sale.

How about it should have been overthrown and in front of Kelly - that way at least he could have tried to make a one hand catch. The guy has super glue on his finger from what some say.

correct. he probably already had his mind made up that he was gonna go to kelly and just chucked it up even though he was blanketed. best case scenario with that throw is that the ball gets batted down for an incompletion.

That is actually a correct observation. Right after the ball is snapped JC looks to his right and throws the ball without any hesitation.

Imo the interception happened because JC threw a 50/50 ball hoping that Kelly would come down with it.

It was a risk that didn't work.

I agree. The ball should have been higher, but I actually have no problems with Jason taking one or two of those shots. That's why we drafted Kelly.

It looks to me like MK was covered like white on rice.

Throw never should have been made. Poor decision by JC.

If you have single coverage on the outside, the QB should at least be able to take a shot. Even if the receiver can't make the catch, he should be able to make a play enough to at least prevent the INT. It was a very bad throw, but the receiver should help his QB out in situations like this.

Frame 4 and 5 you can see, despite the poor quality pic, that Kelly is getting ahead of Talib.

Frame 6-8 you see Talib getting back ahead of Kelly, while Kelly starts to go up

Frame 9 you see Kelly in the air, with arms reached out FORWARD, meaning the ball is past him, he'd have had to reach his arms back if the ball was underthrown. In frame 9 we also see Talib making the INT because he never left the ground.

Like I said in the other thread(s), Kelly got ahead of Talib, misread the ball, and jumped early, which allowed Talib who smartly stayed in stride to get back ahead of Kelly and make the INT.

The ball certainly could have been placed better, but Kelly isn't the kind of receiver who is going to get a lot of separation in man coverage. His main attributes are his height and his hands. In my opinoion, it's reasonable to assume that Kelly should be able to make adjustments on the ball and outjump corners in single coverage.

Last year, Campbell was accused of being too scared to throw to receivers in single coverage. Now, he's being told to throw it away if a guy is in single coverage and lacks good separation.

The ball was underthrown and to the inside. That is why Kelly is "reaching" out for it as some say. You can look at the first three pictures and see that the ball is hanging in the air and making Kelly slow up for it. Then he "reaches" for the ball because it is 3 feet inside of his position and he can't run through Talib, who is 2 feet inside of his position, for the ball.

Plain and simple, Talib did an amazing job of coverage. He blanketed Kelly. He forced Kelly outside and against the sidelines, making Jason unable to throw the outside shoulder in bounds. Then, Talib turned and stayed with Kelly stride for stride, making a long, perfectly lined in front ball a 50-50 shot at best. JC didn't throw a long, in front ball. He threw a slightly short, to the left ball. That just happened to be where Talib was.

This INT CLEARLY falls on Campbell. You can somewhat blame Kelly for not getting off of the jam and getting seperation, but Kelly didn't force JC to throw it. JC needs to see that Kelly is covered and move on. Hell, it looks like Kelly knows he is coverered and doesn't even expect/want the ball.

just a poor decision... the coverage is there and the corner is a big one so it's not like it's MK over a guy who is 5'9... and with talib's back to him when he threw, it should have been an outside shoulder throw if he had to throw it... looks like JC just locked in on him and it didn't matter what the coverage was...

The ball SHOULD have been thrown. Campbell spotted single coverage on that side. Jason made plenty of ill advised throws over the last two weeks, but I don't think this was one of them. He is already throwing the ball in the second pic. The LOS is the Tampa 45. Campbell is throwing when Malcolm Kelly is at the 40. Nobody is going to be open on a deep route in the first 5 yards. Malcolm looks like he is pulling ahead by the 4th pic, and then things go bad.

To me it looks like Kelly misplayed the ball in the air, and that Campbell should have put the ball over the outside shoulder.

I agree. The ball should have been higher, but I actually have no problems with Jason taking one or two of those shots. That's why we drafted Kelly.

Agreed.....at this point JC will 99% not be here next year. He might as well take some shots, and see if the rooks can come down with some tough passes. If he throws picks, oh well....

Archived