Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Fake" Redskins Jerseys

21MadFan

We would all rather have a authentic jersey, everyone knows that. The problem is, with the economy the way it is, most average fans can't afford $300-$400 a pop for a jersey.

The way the players move around from team to team, it makes no sense to spend that kind of $$$$$$ on a Jersey.

I have one authentic jersey, and it is a John Riggins from the 80's, I know he isn't changing teams

Not saying that the OP doesn't have the money, but I'm asking you...does everybody have money to pay for a real jersey? What difference does it make? If they showed up in a room full of Redskin fans, the others would recognize him for the team he's supporting/representing, not for the type of jersey he has on.

Do I even have to mention the criminal element?? :silly: Send more dollars to China...:hysterical: I agree, the prices are ridiculous and it's one of the reasons I don't own a jersey, but I believe in supporting what I like and it's the same reason I don't buy bootleg DVDs and such...to each there own!! :D

Do I even have to mention the criminal element?? :silly: Send more dollars to China...:hysterical: I agree, the prices are ridiculous and it's one of the reasons I don't own a jersey, but I believe in supporting what I like and it's the same reason I don't buy bootleg DVDs and such...to each there own!! :D

I'm with you on the bootleg dvd's though :hysterical:

There are knockoffs that I'd buy and there are ones I wouldn't. I had a buddy a few years ago tell me he could get fakes that look like authentics for $50. I saw it up close and did not like it at all.

This past draft day I met up with my brother and a friend. They were both wearing jerseys and I said nice authentics. They said any player for $50. I'm gonna get one of those.

Maybe this is the wrong attitude to have, but IMO the NFL is just begging for a HUGE knockoff market by charging $90 for a screen printed jersey and $300 for an "authentic" jersey that is nothing close to "authentic".

Bingo. Im not gonna pay $300 for a jersey that costs them $5 to make.

Bingo. Im not gonna pay $300 for a jersey that costs them $5 to make.

I agree. Its all because now the only jerseys you can buy are Reebok. Jerseys were cheaper when Nike, Adidas, and Puma were making jerseys also. Now that its just Reebok, the prices keep going up. I remember buying my first Skins jersey, a Terry Allen, for like $35-$40. Now a replica is what $75-$80? That's crazy!

I don't have any fakes, but my recommendation would be to buy a white jersey. It's too easy to tell a fake when the red is the wrong color. Personally I like red jerseys much better, but I wouldn't want my red to be different than everyone else's.

I've seen some bad looking fake white jerseys though. I had a friend who bought a white Landry off eBay and it has a white collar instead of a burgundy color and the burgundy for the numbers is bright red. No matter what color, I would want to see a pic of the jersey before buying it.

I dont care if you wear a burgundy tee shirt with masking tape numbers and letters. If you support the skins, you show it whatever way you can and everyone else can just bend over and kiss it if they dont like it!

That being said, I have a replica CP jersey and a knock off Moss jersey. I always wear the CP jersey because its so much nicer and the Moss jersey has the numbers fading off from being washed. I just wait for a good deal before I buy the jersey. Got mine for $50.

Archived