Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MLB Playoffs 09 Thread

Big Weirdo

Twins got so lucky. Brandon Inge got a ball to the jersey that should have scored a run to make it 6-5. Wow, Tigers got hosed.

Yeah, that pitched may have brushed his jersey. But I still don't think you call that, in that spot. Kudos to that ump for not giving him first there. And when you are up 7 games in September, you shouldn't have put yourself in position to have to win a one-game playoff. They should have handled their business before this game. In my opinion, they didn't get hosed. And they have no one to blame but themselves. Congrats to the Twins.

Lol...I remember they scheduled 2 pm Rockies Phillies games in 2007 too , sucks but it's nothing new

Phillies going to win that one, Cardinals going to beat Dodgers, Yankees over Twins and Red Sox over Angels

Too lazy to make any numerical predictions

Yeah, that pitched may have brushed his jersey. But I still don't think you call that, in that spot. Kudos to that ump for not giving him first there. And when you are up 7 games in September, you shouldn't have put yourself in position to have to win a one-game playoff. They should have handled their business before this game. In my opinion, they didn't get hosed. And they have no one to blame but themselves. Congrats to the Twins.

LOL a rule is a rule. If the ball hits the uniform of the batter it is considered hit by pitch.

Just because it was a big spot means we throw rules out the window all of a sudden? I think the ump just missed the call.

LOL a rule is a rule. If the ball hits the uniform of the batter it is considered hit by pitch.

Just because it was a big spot means we throw rules out the window all of a sudden? I think the ump just missed the call.

The ump did miss the call, it happens.

Inge needs to man up in that spot & not try to get out of the way. The ball wasn't at his head. He stands there, takes it in the ribs like a man, it's 6-5.

5 hours till game time at the Bank! Cliff Lee starting for the Phil's. Weather might play a factor yet again, windy, maybe a t-storm or 2 and I'd like to thank the MLB for putting game on at 230 so I can't watch it. Fricking dopes.

:secret:...They have DVRs now.:)

I love how you are only concentrating on this part of my post. Like I said, the ump might have missed that one. But you certainly can't fault him for not calling that. That's weak. And like the other guy said, if he really wanted it to it him he wouldn't have gotten out of the way. But I go back to the point I made earlier, and that is they never should have even been playing in that game to begin with. The Tigers had a 7 game lead in September. They should have wrapped up that division, and shouldn't have had to rely on a close call to help them win a game. Again, I have no sympathy for a club that tanks as they did.

I love how you are only concentrating on this part of my post. Like I said, the ump might have missed that one. But you certainly can't fault him for not calling that. That's weak. And like the other guy said, if he really wanted it to it him he wouldn't have gotten out of the way. But I go back to the point I made earlier, and that is they never should have even been playing in that game to begin with. The Tigers had a 7 game lead in September. They should have wrapped up that division, and shouldn't have had to rely on a close call to help them win a game. Again, I have no sympathy for a club that tanks as they did.

Uh, I don't see you saying the ump missed the call anywhere. You say "kudos to the ump for not giving him first there". You make it sound like good for the ump for intentionally not following the rule because it was a big spot in a big game and would have been anti-climactic.

I'm not saying the Tigers got hosed, the ump missed a call it happens a lot. If you look back in this thread I say the Twins deserved to win the game. I agree 100% that it shouldn't have come down to that call or even this game. You blow a 7 game lead in less than a month you don't deserve to make the playoffs.

I just don't think that it should be suggested that the rules of the sport should be ignored or altered depending on the magnitude of the game. Which is the way your post came off. Sorry if it was misinterpreted.

The Yanks were 7-0 against the Twins this year. The Twins are like 2-22 in NY since 2002. The Yankees also lost Mussina to retirement this year, so that jinx is gone. ;)

I'm hoping for the reverse-lock on that series, but it's going to the Yankees.

Boston will probably take care of LAA, but I can really see a series developing here. LAA was 5-4 against the Sox this year and have been a really good team after a mediocre start to the year, due to pitching injuries and the death of Nick Adenhart.

I like the Phillies and Dodgers in the NL.

As an O's fan tho, i'd be happy with ABTY (anyone but the yankees).

Or Red Sox.

I'm rooting for the Dodgers and my guy George Sherill, especially after a writer for one of the LA papers asked him what it was like to play for a team that wasn't eliminated form the playoffs by May. He told the reporter that he was talking about his former teamates and then called the guy a douche bag. Good stuff. :D

Archived