Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was an explanation ever given for the facemask reversal on Moss?

NoCalMike

I watch the games at the sportsbar so I rarely get the game audio.

I just remember a flag was thrown, they show the replay, it is clearly a facemask, and then 10 seconds later the Redskins are punting because it is 4th down.

Did the officials even care to explain? Usually if a flag is thrown and penalty is called, if they do decide to reverse it, they at least explain why they reverse it. Did they?

What did the commentators say?

I know this call didn't determine the outcome of the game, I am just wondering what the hell happened on something that was pretty f'n obvious.

I think the refs claimed his head wasn't turned/pulled by the grasping of the facemask. bunch of bs imo.

The refs didn't review it so they didn't have access to a slow motion video shot of the play.

Looking at it normal speed it was hard to say. I think that we're all just upset that it didn't go our way, but in reality it wasn't that horrible of a non-call.

The refs didn't review it so they didn't have access to a slow motion video shot of the play.

Looking at it normal speed it was hard to say. I think that we're all just upset that it didn't go our way, but in reality it wasn't that horrible of a non-call.

They are not allowed to review it

Great another subjective call like P.I.

Just another way for corrupt, bought ass refs to decide the outcome of a game, instead of letting the players decide. Subjective rules are :evilg: (thats evil btw)

Now I'm not saying thats what occured on this particular play, but in general, any time subjective judgement calls come into play, the probability of mafia action determining the game increases.

Was that P.I.? it was on that play, or any play I decide to call it on, since the DON paid me. Was that holding? 99.9% of the time no, but hell it's subjective, and since this .1% of the time happened to be a touchdown, it's a penalty this time!

Star running back have a broken neck from a blatent facemask? Let me channel a WWE ref and pretend it didnt happen, as it was "incidental". No penalty.

Something like that.

Seriously, leave it alone. Game's over -- they lost.

Let's move forward and hope the Skins can beat the Bucs.

You can't leave it alone because if you leave it alone, the refs will continue to negate perfectly legitimate flagged penalties.

What you do is you publicly call out the ******* umpire or whoever it was that negated the penalty, show him the video that proves the call was legitimate, and get him to publicly testify why he negated the call.

Wah! Wah! The officials lost the game for us.........except that weak offensive pass interference on Calvin Johnson that would have given the Lions the ball on the 2 yard line............

Shut up and lose like a man!!!

:doh:

If anyone should know how to lose, it's definitely a LIONS FAN!! Go on back to crackville USA and savor the first victory you've seen your team win in the last 2 years......

Archived