Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was an explanation ever given for the facemask reversal on Moss?

NoCalMike

The explanation is that a face mask penalty is a judgment call. One ref thought he saw something and the other refs with different angles thought they saw something else. They conferred and decided to go with the other refs.

This particular penalty was right on the fence in my opinion. It could have been called and could have been let go. It was let go.

We shouldn't need penalties to extend our drives in the hopes of maybe coming back on winless teams to begin with.

The explanation is that a face mask penalty is a judgment call. One ref thought he saw something and the other refs with different angles thought they saw something else. They conferred and decided to go with the other refs.

This particular penalty was right on the fence in my opinion. It could have been called and could have been let go. It was let go.

We shouldn't need penalties to extend our drives in the hopes of maybe coming back on winless teams to begin with.

A sensible Skins Fan!!! Who da thunk?

:silly:

The guy that threw the flag had the best view and he must of thought it justified a flag. But why was he talked out of it? I have seen this too many times go against this team but favor other teams. Prime example is the rule of illegal contact or pass interference. Chris Horton was called for pass interference even after he turned to look for the ball but in the Dallas game Terrence Newman wasn't called for any type of illegal contact for putting his hands on Steve Smith after he went beyond 5 yards. He does that consistently and even hand fights with receivers all the way down the field but nothing is ever called against him. So while the rules are for everyone and should be called it doesn't always apply to everyone.

Archived