Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hi, I'm a Giants Fan. (MET)

sg0508

I can't give a word-for-word recap but here's what i remember:

Larry and Vinny are doing their AM show and they bring in John Clayton on the phone to talk about some other stuff around the league.

Larry asks him about some of the big injuries that will effect this weekend's games (LT, McNabb, Westbrook, Randy Moss, etc) then he gets into the Giants.

He starts talking about Phillips and Vinny cuts him off, saying essentially "Wow, yeah tell me all about Phillips, I love hearing about stuff happening to our rivals -- AHAHAHHAHAHAH!"

I just shook my head, like, dang, I'm sick of losing to the Giants too, but Phillips is a guy a lot of folks on this board wanted to draft, he's a young guy who may never play football again, and Vinny is yukking it up like a 10-year-old boy who just heard his first boob joke.

It's not some massive scandal or sin, just a look at an ugly side of the guy.

So if I get you right:

Larry asks Clayton to talk about games that will be effected by injuries this weekend...

Clayton starts talking about varioius teams and the injuries that might come into play...

Clayton then mentions Phillips and the Giants...

Vinny cuts in and says something like "Yeah, tell us about our rivals, I love hearing stuff like that" (stuff that effects our rvals), then lets off a patented Vinny laugh...

Am I understanding you correctly?

If so, then yeah, this will end up getting quite a bit of attention from several corners of the media lol :doh:...

By the way, here's the thread where I think the Giants' fan who started this thread got the info from:

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=350090

Kinda weird how apparently Giants fans listen to Vinny's show more than Skins fans do lol...because nobody on here commented on Vinny's response, and apparently only one of us even heard it...I'm not sure what that says about us, or about Giants fans, or about Vinny, or about all three lol...

I can't give a word-for-word recap but here's what i remember:

Larry and Vinny are doing their AM show and they bring in John Clayton on the phone to talk about some other stuff around the league.

Larry asks him about some of the big injuries that will effect this weekend's games (LT, McNabb, Westbrook, Randy Moss, etc) then he gets into the Giants.

He starts talking about Phillips and Vinny cuts him off, saying essentially "Wow, yeah tell me all about Phillips, I love hearing about stuff happening to our rivals -- AHAHAHHAHAHAH!"

I just shook my head, like, dang, I'm sick of losing to the Giants too, but Phillips is a guy a lot of folks on this board wanted to draft, he's a young guy who may never play football again, and Vinny is yukking it up like a 10-year-old boy who just heard his first boob joke.

It's not some massive scandal or sin, just a look at an ugly side of the guy.

thanks for the recap. Yeah, that was a boneheaded thing for him to say on air in that case if he meant it in that way. Maybe he meant it simply as sarcasm, but I didn't hear it so I'm taking you at your interpretation of it.

Anybody got a link to that clip?

And check the temperature in hell, I'm defending Vinny.... that statement sounds out of character for him.

Now I know we're gonna win BIG tomorrow:hysterical: HG is defending Vinny Cerrato.

This doesn't sound like Vinny Cerrato at all.

Even better where's the link????

I learned when I was about 7 years old to not make fun of someone else's deficiencies because if they were still able to do better than me, despite those deficiencies, it would be very embarrassing.

I guess Vinny called in sick that day. And I hope someone calls him out when an injury-depleted Giants team does better than the healthy team that he built.

Post a link to what? Something done over the radio? It's called on the radio. You think Danny boy is going to let something like that go into print? Look at your own posters who verified what was said.

:hysterical::hysterical: yeah right until I hear the audio clip myself,I say it's bull****.

How is this "typical" of Vinny?

Because someone on ES said so :silly:.

I watch Redskins Nation and Vinny is on every Thrusday (during the regular season) and I have NEVER ,EVER seen him laugh or rejoice in another team's woes. Audio is subjective especially since to let some of you "Redskins fans" tell it Vinny Cerrato is the debil himself.Hell bent on ruining Redskins football for us fans for all eternity:evil::evil:.

Second why would he be happy that The Giants have a rash of injuries we've already played once this year and did it help us then???? We play again in November-December??.By then anything can happen..so as I said I call bull****,until proven otherwise WITH PROOFand not heresay.

What ignorant things did he say on ESPN during his show?...(I don't listen)

Well he stopped doing his show at the end of last year. I can't remember specifics since it was a while ago, but when the public would ask him critical questions about team performance he would lash out and come back with ignorant retorts toward fans.

I'm pretty sure it's one of the major reasons why he's not doing his show this year or anymore, and last year Brian Mitchell and Kevin Sheehan talked about it...again I don't have specific recordings or anything as it was a year ago.

I listen to almost every Sports Fix show (used to be called The Locker Room), and the John Thompson show that airs. I'm a huge fan of both shows. Tony Kornheiser is pretty good too.

Well he stopped doing his show at the end of last year. I can't remember specifics since it was a while ago, but when the public would ask him critical questions about team performance he would lash out and come back with ignorant retorts toward fans.

I'm pretty sure it's one of the major reasons why he's not doing his show this year or anymore.

he's still doing his show, he does one on mondays and fridays i'm pretty sure.

and if the fans who asked him questions were some of the same ones that post on here of course he would lash out.

there's nothing critical about it, it's just ignorant half the time.

he's still doing his show, he does one on mondays and fridays i'm pretty sure.

and if the fans who asked him questions were some of the same ones that post on here of course he would lash out.

there's nothing critical about it, it's just ignorant half the time.

You sure on Monday's it's not just him being interviewed on the Mike & Mike show that airs at 6am? He doesn't have his OWN show is what I mean.

Why would he be talking about injuries on the Giants anyway? We don't play them again until 4 days before Christmas. WTF?

Uh....injuries for the Vagiants translate to losses = skins clinch division. Not to mention Philthy is banged up. So if anytimes the time for the skins to go on a streak, it's now.

Archived