Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hindsight is 20/20 but don't we sure miss Cutler? Sanchez? Even Vick?

Ellis Dee

+1

I actually really like Cutler's game, but i'm glad he's not here.

He had a gifted receiver corps, great offensive line great playcalling in a weak division.

And the price was too high.

Can you imagined how Zorn would've reacted during Cutler's Green Bay game?

Great post. What exactly was Cutler's asking price again? Can't recall. To me Cutler is a franchise QB and he takes shots down the field (Almost to a fault). IMO he is what this team needs and Zorn would not hold back Cutler in this offense. Guys are open in the WCO and IMO, Cutler would find them.

Sanchez is proving what some analysts were saying in that "He would have been #1 overall pick in 2010." Jets getting him at #5 in 2009 was great deal.

At the end of the day, if you have a chance to get what you feel is a future franchise QB, you need to do whatever it takes and pull the string. We should have done it with Sanchez. Instead, we'll be around 8-8 again, outside top 10 and having same issue of trying to move up into top 5 to get Bradford or Snead.

I think Sanchez has done well so far for a rookie, too early to tell how how he'll end up though. Right now he seems to be in that rookie game manager mode where they limit his attempts and let the defense do most of the work. Kinda like Baltimore did with Flacco last year. He has thrown some pretty balls and I like the way he gets so excited when they make a big play. It will be interesting to see his attitude after a bad game.

I think the Jay Cutler we saw this week will be what we will see most of the season, with occasional glimpses of the week 1 dude. Last week he looked like he was trying to prove something, and thought he could just wing it around anywhere and his QB charisma would complete the pass for him. This week the difference was palpable. He was calm, made good reads, was patient, and made some terrific throws against a great defense. I think he just needed to get that first game out of his system.

As far as Vick. I don't care what he does, I would not want him on this team. JMO.

Campbell completes almost 70% of his passes and people on here complain about his accuracy.

The same people think Michael Vick and his 49% completion percentage would have made the Redskins a better team?

And you do realize most of those are 5-7 yard dump off throws?

8-33 for 298 yds 2 TD's and 2 INT's last year when throwing for 21+ yards. That's not very accurate for someone whose strength is apparently the moderate to deep passing game.

Great post. What exactly was Cutler's asking price again? Can't recall. To me Cutler is a franchise QB and he takes shots down the field (Almost to a fault). IMO he is what this team needs and Zorn would not hold back Cutler in this offense. Guys are open in the WCO and IMO, Cutler would find them.

Two firsts, a third and I think Orton.

Midget boy danny will regret the rest of his life for not taking Sanchez. Two games in and he is 1000 times better than the loser we have....like I've been saying for three years and going on that JC is slow, dumb and a loser....period.

Judging from this post, you simply know nothing of football and are merely trolling.

Midget boy danny will regret the rest of his life for not taking Sanchez. Two games in and he is 1000 times better than the loser we have....like I've been saying for three years and going on that JC is slow, dumb and a loser....period.

And another BRILLIANT "fan" speaks his mind.

Ironically for a team that is known to be interested in EVERYONE, it was more the moves we did NOT make which may hurt this team in the future?

I'm hearing things like 'JC played respectable' and 'JC didn't make mistakes' but with either Cutler or Sanchez as our QB we would have a lot better future don't you think?

We haven't had a franchise QB in almost 20 years (B. Johnson doesn't count). IMO looking back on things Cutler was probably the answer along with getting Shanahan next year. After all we love to deal with the Broncos anyways!

Discuss yet again!

Read the sig....

We tried our best to get Cutler and then Sanchez. Vick we strait up did not want and rightfully so.

Forget Vick for a minute. Not they didn't try there best, do any of you know how hard it is to get a franchise QB? REALLY DO YOU!!! After the Cutler and Sanchez trades I came on here and almost to the man everyone said they, meaning the Jets and Bears, got raped in the trades. Well to the ones who said that, did you enjoy your NFL draft that Saturday. Was your couch time good that day? Because every Sunday for the next 10-15 years I am going to watch Sanchez and Cutler win alot of football games. Those 2 fan bases/teams are set at QB, the hardest position in the NFL to fill. Also those 2 teams will be contenders for the next 10 years because they have FRANCHISE QB's and us, well.

I would have gave my entire 2008 draft and a 2nd and 3rd, maybe a first in the 2009 draft, that would have got it done whatever it took. Go ahead and say mortgage your future, well right now we do not have one and they do. Outside of Orakpo what else did we get? I am waiting? A mouthy inactive LB?

Danny has made the big splash every single year to get the Redskin name on the first story during Sportscenter. Well he had not one but two chances this year and absolutely blew it both times! Its not the Sportcenter story, it the fact that we still need a QB and we will not get 2 shots at it this year. Hell we may never get another shot at it, but lets keep our couch time on NFL draft Saturday.

It's too early to tell with Sanchez, but he looks like the real deal. As for Cutler, I wouldn't touch him with a 10,000 foot pole. The guy is a turd and an overrated QB.

PS - JC plays a very good game, yet we have yet another referendum on him? Ug. I realize the QB is the whipping boy and we'd surely go 16-0 with another guy under center, but this is getting kind of crazy.

In regards to your thread title: It's hard to miss what we never had.

Ironically for a team that is known to be interested in EVERYONE, it was more the moves we did NOT make which may hurt this team in the future?

I'm hearing things like 'JC played respectable' and 'JC didn't make mistakes' but with either Cutler or Sanchez as our QB we would have a lot better future don't you think?

We haven't had a franchise QB in almost 20 years (B. Johnson doesn't count). IMO looking back on things Cutler was probably the answer along with getting Shanahan next year. After all we love to deal with the Broncos anyways!

Discuss yet again!

The true irony is the front office getting criticized for the one move they weren't able to pull off. If we had made one of those moves, those quarterbacks would have self-destructed already and been relegated to letting the halfback throw on crucial third down redzone plays. The quarterback, no matter how gifted, is a symptom of the coaches. For the most part, Zorn seems to agree with the reads that Campbell has been making, therefore, it seems, Campbell has been coached to make those reads. Any quarterback in this system with these coaches would be in a similar position, no matter how gifted or how big of a name.

And you can't be serious about Vick. You just can't be.

And if Cutler and Shanahan are the answers, then what the hell is the question? Have you seen the stellar defenses that Shanahan put together in Denver? Me neither. And he was the one buying the groceries, correct? He couldn't win in the AFC West his last year...what makes you think he can win in the BEast next year?

To Cutler, no. He's half the QB he was when he had a line and receivers in Denver. Here? The fans would have tarred and feathered him after 4 picks in a game. It was bad hearing him cry in Denver and worse in Chicago. It would have been intolerable here.

Vick? Great Legs, poor passer. Every Vick who ever played the game is an embarrassment to football.

Sanchez? We would have traded away two first round picks and a couple of others to have a chance to draft him, mortgaging the Skins future, again. For an unproven rookie? This, and/or the rumored Oso Stinko trade would have gutted the Redskins draft chances for 3 years. Just a bad idea. Two first round draft choices would be good for a Montana or an Elway in their prime. But not in their rookie season before their first pre-season game. Bet's too high for something that's not even close to a sure thing.

I'd stick with Campbell over any of these options two games into the season. So far, this year, Campbell has looked decent if not outright good. And definitely better than Cutler. Twice the man, at a third the price.

JMHO.

I think you're missing the point of my post.

You've seen Zorn his playcalling and paraphrasing his philosophy of 'be careful with the ball and give me the chance to call another play'

Our team has very little margin for error.

We can't throw a pick every game and win.

Imo Zorn would've probably benched Cutler before he had the chance to throw 4 picks in 1 game, that or have Cutler handing off all game.

I don't think Cutler would handle being reigned in very well.

Trouble is, Danny would've overpaid in $ and draft picks for either Cutler or Sanchez. With his dealing history, it's like there's a "Redskin tax" anytime we make a big deal.

Sanchez is doing great, and Cutler bounced back from week one to drop 2 TDs on the STEELERS in week two.

Either one would be huge upgrades over Campbell, but we'd probably need a real GM to get such a player without giving up an arm and a leg.

At the end of the day, if you have a chance to get what you feel is a future franchise QB, you need to do whatever it takes and pull the string. We should have done it with Sanchez.

I agree 100%, that guy is going to be great... but I'm not convinced that LDS and Vinny didn't try to get him. Problem is, they didn't have the ammo that the Jets had to trade up -- they gave away too many draft picks on stupid moves in the past, and in this case, it cost them.

Archived