Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phillip Daniels is not a DE

HailGreen28

Phillip Daniels doesn't run people down, close and make tackles in the open field, cover the flat, nor speed rushes the QB.

He hold his position well, even pushes the pocket in, sheds blocks to help make tackles if the runner comes to him, and bats down passes.

He isn't lauded off the field for his speed, but how much he can squat thrust / bench.

It's time to stop making excuses for him, and our "scheme" where we have only one DE as a QB-rushing threat.

I don't know if PD can handle the extra sized OL inside, but he isn't a DE anymore.

He can fill a gap. That's why Blache loves him most likely. 2 years ago we couldn't wait to get rid of him. Now he's back, and the old, slow de is going to come in and be an essential cog on the defense. That's not even taking into account he's come back from a major injury.

But hey, he can squat a lot of weight. Why don't we sign Ronnie Coleman?

Oh you think Daniels is bad. Wynn is on this team. Dixon played today for the Eagles.

+ 1

i love that i have been right on here...to make hypocrotes out of these so called know it alls is fuuny to me...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: everything i said so far has come true... Fans on here just have to learn the hard way ...:doh:

Daniels showed every bit of his age out there today. One of the problems with this organization is that they just don't know how to say goodbye to aging vets until it's painfully obvious that they can't contribute much anymore.

sad,but painfully true...Wynn over Dixion and Jackson WTF:chair:

Daniels showed every bit of his age out there today. One of the problems with this organization is that they just don't know how to say goodbye to aging vets until it's painfully obvious that they can't contribute much anymore.

they also don;t know how to say goodbye to high round draft picks that never work out.

Westbroke was a good example but Campbell is better. I am beginning to believe that Landry will be another. And I am CERTAIN that Devin Thomas is going to be one.

Ive been saying this for years. Phillip Daniels is garbage. Or as I call him the bag of chips. A bag of chips gets the same amount of pass rush as phillip daniels provides. He is terrible, hopefully wilson takes his spot by getting better. We cant draft a DE in the first round next year, correction we can, but we desperatly need oline, and I wouldnt mind having a scat back.

Since Jarmon was activated, I was wondering why he wasn't playing on more pass rushing situations? I would have thought he could have helped in some of those third and long pass rush situations. I know that Orakpo was opposite Carter, but I would have liked to have seen Jarmon get an opportunity.

you can use a guy like daniels OR wynn on a unit for leadership and vet advice, but you can't expect them to play at a high level forever. as much as i love fletcher and i want him for another 5 years at this level, we have to hope the FO realizes we are operating on borrowed time.

youre right, but we wont!

keeping Wynn over Jackson and Dixon is a prime example..how many years do they think they will be able to squeese out of the Wynn's,Daniels,Betts,even solid players like CGriff..all are getting old.. why would you keep Wynn over two young guys that would have filled these positions:doh:?

The stupidity of this situation is that they want Orakpo has a pass rushing DE but somebody tell Greg Blache that teams can pass on first and second down. We bring Haynesworth for a pass rush but he won't have an impact if freaking Philip Daniels is lined up at DE.

I said it earlier, I'll say it again. We are wasting a year on Orakpo's contract by teaching him to be a LB. Train him as a full time DE and stop trying to be oversmart. But since Greg Blache is a freaking moron, you can expect that to not happen.

Phillip Daniels is an outstanding football player. He is a DT in a DE's body. He can play the run like a BEAST head on and string outside plays he reads to the sideline. He is not capable of performing in space because he is not that type of athlete.

Another 'plug-in' free agent. I love the guy's heart 'but' it just ain't going to work over a 17 week season in the NFC East.

The stupidity of this situation is that they want Orakpo has a pass rushing DE but somebody tell Greg Blache that teams can pass on first and second down. We bring Haynesworth for a pass rush but he won't have an impact if freaking Philip Daniels is lined up at DE.

I said it earlier, I'll say it again. We are wasting a year on Orakpo's contract by teaching him to be a LB. Train him as a full time DE and stop trying to be oversmart. But since Greg Blache is a freaking moron, you can expect that to not happen.

somebody finally gets it ..Thankyou

Archived