Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Name Your Most Hated Cowboys...

boozeman3

Originally posted by boozeman3

I knew that would ruffle some feathers. Mission accomplished. :D

Let me amend that post.

I watched alot of Riggins' play...and honestly...he was not that talented of a runningback...the Hogs did blow open holes for him and you are correct....his talent began and ended with brute force. IMHO, as good as that line was...and Smith was proof...Riggins was overrated.

Do I just need to bring up those old articles and stats about how Riggins crushed the 'Boys BEFORE the Hogs ? When he had people like Ron Saul, Jeff Williams, and Terry Hermeling blocking for him, who're not exactly considered road-grating Hogs. Overrated ? Tell that to your Boy players, that he dragged and outran for 66-yard runs when he had a suspect O-line, oh around, 1979. You underrate Riggins speed. He's outran many a DB.

Originally posted by Mick

Do I just need to bring up those old articles and stats about how Riggins crushed the 'Boys BEFORE the Hogs ? When he had people like Ron Saul blocking for him, who's not exactly considered a road-grating Hog. Overrated ? Tell that to your Boy players that he dragged for 66-yard runs when he had a suspect O-line, oh around, 1979.

1979?

Oh...that year?

Staubach to Hill...TOUCHDOWN...DALLAS COWBOYS!!

Not trying to get you all excited, Mick. But when I refer to Riggins as overrated, I am referring to the way the media fawned over him in the Joe Gibbs era. He was not all that at that stage...but he was the posterboy for NFL Films for the run against the Dolphins...big whoop. As for asking ex-players what they thought of him...sure being tough is one thing. Being talented is another thing entirely.

My personal all time hated dallas players (in this order):

1. Emmitt Smith

2. Deion Sanders

3. Roger Staubach

4. Tony Dorsett

5. Michael Irvin

6. Troy Aikman

7. Jerry Jones

8. Ed "Too Tall" Jones

9. Clint Longley (only one game but he ruined my thanksgiving)

10. Jay Novachek

Originally posted by redskin56

Matt Kyriacou:

That was hilarious!!

:cheers: :applause:

:notworthy

hilarious maybe....but hard on the eyes...and hard on the computer, which almost crashed as a result.....i was hoping no-one would "re-quote" the post.....

Born in 78, so my hatred can only start in the 80's (early 80's though).

1. troy faikman - most overrated QB of my lifetime. Just his name makes my blood boil.

2. troy acheman - again

3. emmit smith - great player, but still hate him.

4. michael irvin - he was trashy as a player. Like him better on sports shows.

5. troy aikman - cant stand him. great offensive line, receiver, tight end and running back. He was not that special. I hope he doesnt make it to the HOF, even though he probably will.

After thinking over my previous post, I agree with myself 100% :D :dallasuck I think a good thread would be the greatest ever disses to Dallas. Joe Bugel flipping Stautner the bird would be a good one. So would Terrell Owen's spike on the star. The Texans first win. The 1995 Redskins sweep of the Super Bowl champs (first time ever!).

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by gridironmike

So would Terrell Owen's spike on the star.

Are you kidding me? Terrell Owen's won a special place in my heart that day.

Tony Dorsett.

True story. I went to the Hall of Fame about 3 years ago. I left a booger in his bust's ear.

Then I got my picture taken giving Staubach's bust a noogie, and some guy gave me a look like I was nuts, which I shot right back at him. I mean hell, that's the closest I'm going to get to giving him some real noogies, pardon ME. I felt I owed him a few.

By the way, if you've never been, it's a really great place to visit. Maybe we can all leave a booger in Tony Dorsett's ear.

Make a tradition of it.

~Bang

Most disliked:

1. Michael Irvin: Good/Great player with little character

2. Hollywood Henderson: Flash of trash. Sad that he won the lottery

3. Deion: Need I say anything?

4. Harvey Martin: The wreath?...what a chump

I wish I could say Norv, but he gained that distinction as a Redskin.

Most overrated:

1. Troy Aikman: Good QB, but not great. Never overly impressed me given the talent around him

Most respected:

1. Tom Landry: One of the great coaches and nice guys

2. Roger Staubach: Same as Tom, but a QB

3. Emmitt Smith: Earned the acolade of Warrior

4. Danny White: Never got the respect he deserved

:dallasuck

I loved in in the 1996 NFC Divisional Playoff Game in Carolina when Aikman lost his cool towards the end of the game. He started yelling at his O line when he got sacked and also his WRs got a earful too. :cuss:

Archived