Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Name Your Most Hated Cowboys...

boozeman3

Originally posted by Bang

In the '91 Super Bowl after the Redskins flubbed a field goal try on their first possession, the Bills could have made a game of it, but Art monk on the next possession took over and had about 5 receptions that led us down for the first points of the game, including a bomb that put us first and goal inside the ten. The tone of the game before he did that was one that could have sent it either way after th Skins screwed up the field goal, but Art Monk righted the ship practically by himself.

To say that anyone in the NFL had more of a winning attitude than Art Monk is an afront to common sense anywhere. Monk did what it took to win. He did what was necessary to make his team a winner, year in and year out, every game, every play.

I wonder, if Monk had gotten his neck broken up on a field somewhere,,, would anyone have cheered? Even classless Eagle fans?

I very much doubt it.

~Bang

Then you overestimate the fans of the Eagles. Yes, Irvin was a shady character off the field, but discount that for a second. Look at what he did on the field and in the lockerroom. He was a catalyst, like him or not.

I am disappointed that Michael chose to do some of the things he did off of the field. I hate him for the fact that it cost us football games. But I do not think he is a bad person. He just has issues.

Yes, yes. I believe the patent counter for that is: we own you in post season, you own us in season. No problem - I can leave with that.

If that's as much glory as you can glean from a 5-11 season.

:silly: "Nothing more pleasant than a humbled cowboys fan." :silly:

Originally posted by Angus

I have found very few Cowboys fans obssessed with hatred for the Washington Redskins, but if the Redskins beat the Cowboys nine times in a row, there might be more, I guess.

Angus,

I think the sentiments of which you are speaking have changed over the years. I hated the George Allen Redskins immensely, but it changed slightly (ever so) under Gibbs. I respected the fact that they were good...but that Fun Bunch crap cost me more than several remotes and a severely sprained foot from kicking a television set. The Norv Turner era was more of pity than anything else. The Schottenheimer era...uh...there was one? Now with Spurrier, I am pleased to say that the hatred is back with a passion.

Archived