Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

when your tech stuff breaks...

.Guy.

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

do you usually RMA it? do you just buy another?

A lot of my friends just toss the broken item and buy something newer better. That is foolish. Its like throwing money away.

If I have something and it breaks and is under warranty I will always send it in to get repaired. I have to... I spent money and it better work as advertised.

So how often do you take manufacturers up on their warranty?

for me personally, I'll always do it if the item costs me more then $25 in the first place.

do you usually RMA it? do you just buy another?

A lot of my friends just toss the broken item and buy something newer better. That is foolish. Its like throwing money away.

If I have something and it breaks and is under warranty I will always send it in to get repaired. I have to... I spent money and it better work as advertised.

So how often do you take manufacturers up on their warranty?

Depends on the item. If its something cheap then its not worth the hassle of sending it off to a Manufacturer. Any small electronics item I buy from where I work I will end up getting our 2 year replacement agreement with. It's 15% of the cost of the item and makes returns as easy as bringing it back to the store.

I have a lot of gadgets and I can't ever remember one breaking until it is way out of warranty and time to replace. I think maybe you should take better care of your stuff. ;)

I had my cell phone replaced 3 times under warranty. And sure enough its ****ed up again and outside of warranty now. Just gotta deal with it for another 3 months until I upgrade. I also had Dell replace my CD drive, keyboard, and Hard drive on my laptop, all under warranty. Also the last time I will ever buy a Dell laptop. That's really the only times I can remember using a manufacturers warranty. Other than that I'm in the same boat as you, usually my stuff lasts long enough that I'm ready to replace it by the time it breaks.

I had my cell phone replaced 3 times under warranty. And sure enough its ****ed up again and outside of warranty now. Just gotta deal with it for another 3 months until I upgrade. I also had Dell replace my CD drive, keyboard, and Hard drive on my laptop, all under warranty. Also the last time I will ever buy a Dell laptop. That's really the only times I can remember using a manufacturers warranty. Other than that I'm in the same boat as you, usually my stuff lasts long enough that I'm ready to replace it by the time it breaks.

Wow, what kind of cell phone do you have? LOL

damn you guys have gotten off pretty lucky.

Just looking around my room, i have gotten the following things RMA'd (90% of the time I'll get a brand new replacement or an upgraded item)

Headphones (icemat siberias)

Mice (razer deathadder)

hard drives (1 seagate and 1 western digital)

computer memory (crucial)

tv tuner (happauge 1600)

Maybe I'm a little rough with my stuff or I'm just unlucky :(

Wow, what kind of cell phone do you have? LOL

LG EnV2

First time the interior LCD wouldn't turn on (Thanks to BigMike for kicking my drunk ass down the streets in Canton and busting it up). Second time it stopped sending text messages. Third time the buttons on the front of the phone stopped working. Now the buttons on the front stopped working again and theres a few buttons in the keyboard that don't work properly.

Send it in if under warranty. The old Toshiba used to break all the time and I must have sent that piece of **** in 10 or 20 times. Eventually a problem occured that the warranty didn't cover and here I am with another crappy laptop

If it breaks I might as well get a new one...most of the technology here, although outdated and ****ty, is pretty durable. The PC has run fine for 5 years and the TV has run pretty much without issue since the 80's.

lol got in there right before I made my edit :D

yeah I agree with you if its something that didn't cost much in the first place it's not worth the effort and shipping cost.

Sometimes you don't even have to ship it back. I had a problem with a Griffin FM transmitter to play iPod in the car. It failed after 4 weeks. I contacted the manufacturer. All I had to do was e-mail a copy of the receipt and a picture of the item which they told me to crush. I got a replacement in the mail.

Cost: $Zero, Point, Zero

damn you guys have gotten off pretty lucky.

Just looking around my room, i have gotten the following things RMA'd (90% of the time I'll get a brand new replacement or an upgraded item)

Headphones (icemat siberias)

Mice (razer deathadder)

hard drives (1 seagate and 1 western digital)

computer memory (crucial)

tv tuner (happauge 1600)

Maybe I'm a little rough with my stuff or I'm just unlucky :(

Maybe you should look at your electricity supply. Are you using surge protectors.

I can only thing of 1 major item that failed inside of a warranty I had to return and that was my original xbox.

I don't know how rough you are with electronics and I own my fair share but thats a heck of a lot of stuff to have problems with. Either buy higher quality or take better care of your stuff.

Archived