Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

L.A. Times: NFL's Chris McAlister lists Beverly Hills Post Office home at $7.9 mill

[S.S.F. | Nero]

NFL's Chris McAlister lists Beverly Hills Post Office home at $7.9 million

Sep. 10, 2009 - The ex-Baltimore Ravens cornerback's five-bedroom estate features a two-level living room, koi pond and pool.

Former Baltimore Ravens cornerback Chris McAlister has listed his Beverly Hills Post Office area home at $7.9 million.

The gated, French Normandy-style estate with five bedrooms and seven bathrooms in 9,375 square feet has been his home during the off-season. He plans to move to Maryland.

The house, built in 1990, has a two-bathroom master suite, a two-level living room and four fireplaces. There is a koi pond, a putting green and a swimming pool with a spa.

The view from the three-quarter-acre lot was his favorite feature of the house, McAlister said. "I could see Catalina from the front of the house and the entire Valley from the back."

McAlister, 32, played college ball at the University of Arizona and was selected by the Ravens in the 1999 NFL Draft. He won his Super Bowl ring with the team in 2001. The Ravens released McAlister in February.

As for his career plans, he said, "I will be back in full force on Sept. 15. I can't say what team yet, but I will be playing again."

Could there be a deal in the works to bring McAlister here?

He would be better than Smoot at nickel, IMHO.

What does anyone else think? 1 year Vet Min?

Link To Article

Only way I see him coming here is if we trade Rogers.
Trade our #1 corner? :doh: So who will match up with physical receivers, dhall?

Obviously you dont understand what the word "if" means so let me help you out.

• Main Entry: 1if
  • Pronunciation: \ˈif, É™f\
  • Function: conjunction
  • Etymology: Middle English, from Old English gif; akin to Old High German ibu if
  • Date: before 12th century

1 a : in the event that b : allowing that c : on the assumption that d : on condition that

2 : whether <asked if the mail had come> <I doubt if I'll pass the course>

3 —used as a function word to introduce an exclamation expressing a wish <if it would only rain>

4 : even though : although perhaps <an interesting if untenable argument>

5 : and perhaps not even <few if any changes are expected> —often used with not<difficult if not impossible>

— if anything : on the contrary even : perhaps even <if anything, you ought to apologize>

So as you can see "if" does not mean "we should" or "I want us to". The Doh smiley face is not an easy button, so lay off of it. It is over used and does not make you look cool.

He might be too slow to play nickle, I don't know why anyone would suggest you plug a #1 type physical corner at nickle. He's banged and bruised...or was. Which is why he wasn't picked up yet.

It's more an idea to bat around rather than the answer to our questions.

Don't read anything more into it than that.....jeez, I guess I can't be surprised though, this is ES afterall, I wouldn't expect people to accept that their opinion is not the only one in the world.

Go Skins. Beat Giants!

:gaintsuck

• Etymology: Middle English, from Old English gif; akin to Old High German ibu if

1 a : in the event that b : allowing that c : on the assumption that d : on condition that

3 —used as a function word to introduce an exclamation expressing a wish <if it would only rain>

5 : and perhaps not even <few if any changes are expected> —often used with not<difficult if not impossible>

— if anything : on the contrary even : perhaps even <if anything, you ought to apologize>

So as you can see "if" does not mean "we should" or "I want us to". The Doh smiley face is not an easy button, so lay off of it. It is over used and does not make you look cool.

Btw, if he was going to be a Redskin, I think he would move to Virginia if his living place gave any indication about where he was going to play. He's like 34 years old, why in the world would he commit to a team at this point in his career by moving near them if it's a 1 year contract as someone assumed?

He'll probably sign with the Panthers or something, not by location or anything. He played with the Ravens for HOW long and was living in California? That right there should tell you that he's probably not coming to the Redskins just because he's moving. He probably doesn't have a team. Players and agents say that to raise contracts and to create hype.

He's probably moving here because he created a nice social network out here while playing with the Ravens for a decade.

Awesome job at being funny. Now once again, what does Carlos Rogers have anything to do with signing a 34 year old corner?

;6727631']It's more an idea to bat around rather than the answer to our questions.

Don't read anything more into it than that.....jeez' date=' I guess I can't be surprised though, this is ES afterall, I wouldn't expect people to accept that their opinion is not the only one in the world.

Go Skins. Beat Giants!

:gaintsuck[/quote']

I'm not trying to be a jerk, believe me. If you're gonna use the word "bat" it would be the preferred weapon of choice to beat the dead horse with.

:hysterical:

Sorry, I had to.

But the point is, he's old, we have a nice YOUNG defense. I'm sure if Carlos's injury get's worse it's a possibility. But I would see him more as a #2 CB out there. Hell, he may even be able to play safety.

And you're right, this is ES after all, there's only 2 thread's about every single player with 1 year left on their contract, free agent, or anyone on the trading block on the front page of this site.

Awesome job at being funny. Now once again, what does Carlos Rogers have anything to do with signing a 34 year old corner?

Because McAlister would want too much money to be a 3rd/4th corner. We all know the Rogers situation and a trade or franchise tag could be in his near future. Add the two together.

He might be too slow to play nickle, I don't know why anyone would suggest you plug a #1 type physical corner at nickle. He's banged and bruised...or was. Which is why he wasn't picked up yet.

Nickel corners aren't always speed guys. I remember Pierson Prielou (butched that last named) played a lot of nickel for us and he wasn't even fast for a safety. Sometimes you want a physical corner there that can disrupt the break at the line and be active in the run game given the absence of a third LB.

Because McAlister would want too much money to be a 3rd/4th corner. We all know the Rogers situation and a trade or franchise tag could be in his near future. Add the two together.

You think the Redskins will franchise tag CARLOS ROGERS!?

I'm sorry, I don't see the Redskins franchising ANYONE in the near future. Not when you possibly have an uncapped year ahead of us. I don't us letting him go by any means, but I seriously doubt the Redskins will have ANY trouble signing him to a long term deal. ANY TROUBLE.

We're probably the #1 team that can sign a player without ISSUES. Just a little too much reputation with the agents on our side. It would hurt this team A LOT more to pay Carlos Rogers a guaranteed sum of money and a ****ing huge one at that when you're talking about the AVERAGE salary of guys like ... Nnamdi, Nate C, Asante, D.hall, Bailey. Not going to happen IMO.

Nickel corners aren't always speed guys. I remember Pierson Prielou (butched that last named) played a lot of nickel for us and he wasn't even fast for a safety. Sometimes you want a physical corner there that can disrupt the break at the line and be active in the run game given the absence of a third LB.

I do agree with you halfway, but not a 34 year old CB coming off an injury. Slot type receivers are sometimes the fastest guys on the field. When you talk about what we'd have to face NOW...it would be crazy. There's a reason PP isn't here anymore or doing anything now in general. He was just a Williams guy and wasn't good in coverage at all. I remember COUNTLESS plays he got stepped on. But Again, I do see your point to an extent.

But in THIS division now..it would be nearly impossible to have a guy not going full blast with them. Which is why the Redskins now carry so many damn corners the past few years. It's the reason why we've had 3 starting caliber CB's for the past 3 years.

We have to play against:

D.Jackson

M.Austin

J.Maclin

B.Westbrook

L.McCoy

F.Jones

S.Smith

H.Nicks

S.Moss

J.Avant

K.Curtis

and that's 6 games a year, with ANYONE of those guys in the slot. PP was torched by Westbrook following S.Taylors injury in the Eagles game 07. Might be the reason we lost that game, it went for a TD.

I'm kind of expanding the point and not dogging you here, but talking in a more general aspect.

I think that it might work out more if we had a better pass rush, I'm not saying much about the one we have now because I haven't really seen it yet. But assuming we have the same thing, we need people who can keep up with those WR/HB's

You think the Redskins will franchise tag CARLOS ROGERS!?

I'm sorry, I don't see the Redskins franchising ANYONE in the near future. Not when you possibly have an uncapped year ahead of us. I don't us letting him go by any means, but I seriously doubt the Redskins will have ANY trouble signing him to a long term deal. ANY TROUBLE.

We're probably the #1 team that can sign a player without ISSUES. Just a little too much reputation with the agents on our side. It would hurt this team A LOT more to pay Carlos Rogers a guaranteed sum of money and a ****ing huge one at that when you're talking about the AVERAGE salary of guys like ... Nnamdi, Nate C, Asante, D.hall, Bailey. Not going to happen IMO.

I dont think its as crazy a thought as you think. Assuming there will be a new CBA, there is no way we let Rogers walk and if he doesnt take what we offer him what choice do we have but to franchise and trade him. I just don't think this team spent a 3rd and 4th rd selection in consecutive drafts to find a nickel corner for the future. Especially when we have Smoot who is a pretty dependable nickel. I think they have been looking for Rogers replacement. But, that could just be me.

If there isnt a new CBA then expect a strike.

I dont think its as crazy a thought as you think. Assuming there will be a new CBA, there is no way we let Rogers walk and if he doesnt take what we offer him what choice do we have but to franchise and trade him. I just don't think this team spent a 3rd and 4th rd selection in consecutive drafts to find a nickel corner for the future. Especially when we have Smoot who is a pretty dependable nickel. I think they have been looking for Rogers replacement. But, that could just be me.

If there isnt a new CBA then expect a strike.

CBA aside, I believe those statements are crazy.

You think we try to replace Carlos Rogers with a 3rd or 4th round CB?

That's exactly where you pick a nickle corner up for one, and for two, we were replacing Shawn Springs....NOT CARLOS. How are you going to replace Carlos when he's still on his rookie contract? He's a top ten pick..he's played like it..especially when you consider the type of players that have come out of that draft.

I think that your statements are as incorrect as they get, and I'm not trying to offend you, but if the Redskins ever wanted to get rid of Carlos Rogers...it was last year during the 6-2 run. He's a FA after this year..you just don't let a guy like that walk. I think you don't value him as high as he is.

I know for a fact, you don't replace a guy like him with a 3rd or 4th round CB.

Archived