Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ethics committee needs a ban hammer

Burgold

First of all, we ought to move the Ethics committee into the judicial branch. This having democrats rule on democratic representatives is nonsense. Just as having the Repubs adjudicating the ethics of Repubs was a farse, but more than that... the ethics committee needs teeth. It needs a ban hammer. Could you imagine how much better behaved (or more sneaky) Congressmen would be if they risked being banned for a week or semi-perma banned? Imagine how lobbiests would have to reimagine their bribery strategies if their Congressmen might be banned during the VOTE.

What do you think? Should we give the Ethics committee a ban hammer? If not, should we at least give them Maxwell's silver hammer?

I say permaban, or for ethics violations that deal with their personal lives, they should be NNT with an arseclown avatar.

I like it. During every campaign commercial you would see the arseclown avatar beside their name. I think it would also be cool if you had the arseclown avatar by their name instead of the (D) or ®

Senator Joe Blow (arseclown)

I like it. During every campaign commercial you would see the arseclown avatar beside their name. I think it would also be cool if you had the arseclown avatar by their name instead of the (D) or ®

Senator Joe Blow (arseclown)

as far as I'm concerned these days, 90% of all D's and R's already signify the arseclown.:)

as far as I'm concerned these days, 90% of all D's and R's already signify the arseclown.:)

No comment. :evilg:

BTW, how could you diss Jumbo like that Matt? I trust ya Jumbo with the ban hammer (though I'm not sure if you could be trusted with Max's silver one)

No comment. :evilg:

BTW, how could you diss Jumbo like that Matt? I trust ya Jumbo with the ban hammer (though I'm not sure if you could be trusted with Max's silver one)

I would just want to hear TK say, "Hi There :)" to one of them lol. No disrespect to Jumbo, though Jumbo does easily have the best of the Mod avatars!

In theory, it sounds great. However, here is why I would be against it - certain segments of the population would have no representation for a period of time.

Random thought - I miss BigMike.

Ok, what was the question again? :D

The reason I don't think you are entirely right in your concern is that no state has one representative, therefore, while representation would temporarily be reduced it would not be eliminated. On the other hand, you are correct that the banning would cause some problems and some districts might not be fairly advocated for during the period of NNT or banning.

Archived