Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Casserly on WPL: Dockery studied Skins while with Bills

Arsenic

While watching Washington Post Live, this evening, I heard an interesting comment by Charley Casserly.

Apparently, while talking to Buffalo Bills coaches, Casserly learned that Derrick Dockery had spent EVERY Monday studying gametape.. Washington Redskins game tape that is!

This comment made me smile. Perhaps I'd assumed that this type of loyalty and brotherhood was something lost a long time ago. Hopefully this OL brotherhood will come together and surprise everyone.

And while they're at it:

GET THAT RING!

Hail to The Redskins!

Here's to watching another great season with our familes and friends (all that really matters.)

:cheers:

Do you think that "studying" might not have been the right term? Do you think that "watching" might have been what he was actually doing? As in "watching his old friends games to see how they were doing". You don't "study" game tape in an evening. I can however watch an NFL game in one evening.

Do you think that "studying" might not have been the right term? Do you think that "watching" might have been what he was actually doing? As in "watching his old friends games to see how they were doing". You don't "study" game tape in an evening. I can however watch an NFL game in one evening.

Are you asking us or Casserly?

I was just working with what I was given - it said he studied them.

If he was watching old tape of himself, then he was just analyzing his own technique.

If he was watching the Redskins of 2008, then IDK.

But Bills gave up 38 sacks with DOck and Peters, so something was going terribly wrong. Watching film to figure that out is what you would expect a highly paid employee to do.

If he was watching old tape of himself, then he was just analyzing his own technique.

If he was watching the Redskins of 2008, then IDK.

But Bills gave up 38 sacks with DOck and Peters, so something was going terribly wrong. Watching film to figure that out is what you would expect a highly paid employee to do.

That is probably the most logical reason. Studying to see "what in the heck I was doing differently?"

I hope Doc has a great season back with the Skins, I have always liked him. He was overpaid by Buffalo and the Skins could not have kept him anyway, but welcome back Doc.

The only time he should have been spending time studying game film of the Redskins whilst with Buffalo was in November '07, which is the only time we played Buffalo when he was on their roster, IIRC.

I disagree. If he's willing to put in the extra time, I think it can't hurt to study as much film as possible. Players watch film on other guys they think they can learn from all the time even if they aren't playing them the next week. Dockery did well under Bugel's tutelage. It makes sense that he would try and preserve some thread of that teaching by watching what the other guys in the system are doing.

It makes it easy to root for a player when he obviously wants to be here... See dock, smoot, i would even put betts into this category

I agree. But then I wonder if every other team has this same chemistry that, perhaps, we don't see because out attention is locked-in on the burgandy and gold. Regardless, I love to hear that palyers are honored to wear the uniforms that have surrounded me my entire life.

I bet, the day that I was born, my Dad was likely wearing a Redskins shirt in the OR. hell, back then (1983) everyone loved the Skins. I bet even the doctors were wearing Redskins attire, beneath their scrubs!

Hail!

Remember to get together with your family and friends, this Sunday. None of us are promised tomorrow. Any reason to gather and enjoy life with one another is a good enough reason for me.

Crank up the volume, fire up the grill and ice down the cooler. We're about to shock the world by laying a whoopin on the idolized Giants. The only better way to start a season would be via the Cowturds. But we'll get to that soon enough, huh?

Lets get that ring!

:gaintsuck

They can blame Dockery all they want for their supposed O-Line problems, but it would appear with the O-Coordinator gone and them not scoring a lot in the preseason had little to do with Dockery and more to do with his paycheck. Now if he were playing on the steelers, pats, or eagles and Dockery was let go, then you might think that he might have lost a step. Heck, the bills traded away so many players over the years or let them hit the free agency market because they couldn't afford to pay them.

Archived