Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Treating Plantar Fascitis: Any Success Stories?

Beauty is Only

I thought I had it, but changed the shoes I wear, and it helped considerably.

Not much help, sorry.

~Bang

My Chiropractor said as much as well and I followed his instruction and spent some hefty money on the shoes. It took care of it.

I switched to really high end New Balance and also a casual pair of Bjorndals, http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=bjorndal+shoes&_osacat=0&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=bjorndal+shoes++mens+&_sacat=0

As well as a pair of sandals and dress shoes by NAOT. http://www.naot.com/

There is no doubt in my mind that my problem stems from flip flops. Honestly though I can't imagine life without them!! I bought some Olukai flops which seem to have much better arch support. Hopefully that helps. Will also give that boot a shot as well as stretching. This sucks, tired of it!!!

Has anyone bought the sleep boot at a local store, or do I need to go to amazon? Doesn't look like the local big box places carry it in store. Any particular design/model work best for you?

well the calf machine is simply amazing, and if you use it every day you will not regret it

But with regards specifically to PF - that massager alone, not stretching/exercising/therapy/boots/etc solved your problem? Reason Im being so specific is because this is such a simple (and enjoyable) remedy I have not heard solved the problem alone before. And Im all for simple & enjoyable :)

But with regards specifically to PF - that massager alone, not stretching/exercising/therapy/boots/etc solved your problem? Reason Im being so specific is because this is such a simple (and enjoyable) remedy I have not heard solved the problem alone before. And Im all for simple & enjoyable :)

I'm tellig you, try this go to Brookstone they have those machines on demo all the time and you will notice it in 15 mins

I realize this is an old thread but since there is still relevant discussion, I'll throw in my $.02 derived from my experience.

I recently developed that condition and I've been in such a good workout groove, "rest" was not a satisfying treatment. All I did was ensure I did full body stretches both before/after workouts like others have mentioned, and then I learned to work in more of the elliptical machine at the Y. It's a low impact workout and doesn't burn as many calories as running (only about 80% compared to running the same amount of time), it leaves you feeling great afterwards.

Find a low impact machine like that or the stair machine to get your cardio in. Also, swimming is a great option if you have that option available to you.

Also, if you're running long distances (4+ miles), make sure your running form is good (heel to toe). If not, you will pay for it after the longer runs.

I realize this is an old thread but since there is still relevant discussion, I'll throw in my $.02 derived from my experience.

I recently developed that condition and I've been in such a good workout groove, "rest" was not a satisfying treatment. All I did was ensure I did full body stretches both before/after workouts like others have mentioned, and then I learned to work in more of the elliptical machine at the Y. It's a low impact workout and doesn't burn as many calories as running (only about 80% compared to running the same amount of time), it leaves you feeling great afterwards.

Find a low impact machine like that or the stair machine to get your cardio in. Also, swimming is a great option if you have that option available to you.

Also, if you're running long distances (4+ miles), make sure your running form is good (heel to toe). If not, you will pay for it after the longer runs.

Isn't the impact of running heel to toe much greater then running with a mid foot strike?

Isn't the impact of running heel to toe much greater then running with a mid foot strike?

Believe it or not, this is the kind of topic that runners on message boards have flame wars over.

In general, a mid-foot strike is most efficient. But everyone is made differently.

I'm tellig you, try this go to Brookstone they have those machines on demo all the time and you will notice it in 15 mins

Went out and got the i-need massager today. That thing hurts man!!! It hits right on the sweet spots though, you're right. What was your regimen for using it - how many times a day, etc?

Went out and got the i-need massager today. That thing hurts man!!! It hits right on the sweet spots though, you're right. What was your regimen for using it - how many times a day, etc?

well depending on your schedule, i did it right when i got home for work, since i knew i wouldn't be on my feet since i am usually sitting down. but if you do a lot of standing up at your work, i would recommend doing it before work

Archived