Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd String QB..but Who?

SemperFISkins

Obviously, we will be signing someone. With Colt on IR, Chase "possibly" headed to the practice squad (maybe not), who will be the new 3rd stringer? Will this player be one of the "if Campbell goes down in a game, Collins will spell him, but to start the next game it will be XXX"?

My friends, I think Jeff Garcia might fit the bill. However, he has never been on a team without playing the "I want to start tune."

Vet? Check

Cheap? Check

West Coast? Check

Thoughts?

Randle El is our 3rd string.

and i seriously hope it stays that way. Keep that roster spot for a position we need to really worry about... and Chase is on the Practice Squad so if 100% necessary he can be activated.

But seriously... HOW MANY TIMES does the 3rd string qb throw a pass outside of the preseason? Other then the movie Any Given Sunday.. it generally doesnt happen.

I personally think we should trade Jason Campbell and our 1st Round pick next year to get Jamarcus Russel from the Raiders.

Then trade Clinton Portis and our 2nd rd. pick for Darren Mcfadden.

Then Vinny should trade Zorn for Cable.

And Dan Snyder should switch places with Al Davis.

Then the Redskins should trade names with the Raiders.

Then we should trade stadiums.

And finally sign Jeff Garcia via free agency and have him as our back up QB.

What what you all think OF THAT!

Oh and trade Moss, El and Mitchell for Darius Heyward- Bey.

I personally think we should trade Jason Campbell and our 1st Round pick next year to get Jamarcus Russel from the Raiders.

bwahaha.... we already have hall... let's just complete the swap:hysterical:

I think not only is it wise to use ARE as the 3rd string QB. I think they should look at some film on him being used in Pittsburgh. It wasn't wildcat. But he did a lot of stuff that wasn't just WR.

It would make more use of him, while making Kelly the #2.

I agree, I think Randle El can be used in creative ways.

Why obvious ?

Pretty much cause the FO has said, "We are going with two QBs".

Here's the direct quote from Vinny:

"We will go in with two quarterbacks on the active roster.....I think a lot of teams are doing that this year. We will put one on the practice squad, so we will have three. Antwaan Randle El can go in and finish a game as well as any third quarterback......We just felt like we would put one on the practice squad, and basically we put a 10th lineman on for that extra quarterback, or you can say we put Marcus Mason on for the quarterback."

and the link:

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Vinny_Cerrato_Roster_Cuts_Press_Conference_49059.jsp

Not to say he hasn't fibbed before, but they seem pretty intent on keeping it at 2 and one on the PS, so I'd say if we don't get Chase on the PS, that's the only place we'll be picking up a QB unless Campbell gets injured.

I agree, I think Randle El can be used in creative ways.

No doubt. I always think of a play where I think Big Ben handled off to Parker, who did a reverse to ARE. Then still behind the line. ARE threw a lateral to Ben who was way to the left....and Ben tossed a bomb to an open Ward. It all took place so quickly.

If you had ARE split wide, the somebody in motion to take a toss from Campbell with a quick reverse to ARE and a toss back to Campbell who pretends to miss a block. Then a bomb. Even if it doesn't hit. It would be so sweet to see attempted.

Oh and trade Moss, El and Mitchell for Darius Heyward- Bey.

lmao, sounds good - can we transplant fans too? I love the Bay Area.

Archived