Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Mason will be on 53 man roster

Toe Jam

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Apparently, the second time around was good enough for running back Marcus Mason. After a strong preseason performance in 2008 and again this preseason, Mason, who attended Georgetown Prep, has made the opening 53-man roster, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

click link for more

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I wanted Alridge (sp?)

It's still possible he might be included, but we'll see. After all we have another extra spot on the O to fill (no 3rd QB).

Although 6 RBs might be the most ridiculous thing ever. Then again, I don't see Rock as a RB.

It's still possible he might be included, but we'll see. After all we have another extra spot on the O to fill (no 3rd QB).

Although 6 RBs might be the most ridiculous thing ever. Then again, I don't see Rock as a RB.

If we keep 6, I'd be pissed. Even if one spot was for a guy I wanted to keep.

I'd much rather keep Dixon at DT or that UDFA guy at LB over another RB.

Time to let Betts go ... He is holding onto a precious roster spot ... and really doesn't do much for us. Would prefer having Anthony Alridge as well.

I'll note that Zorn and co have lied to the fans before, but he has pretty clearly indicated that Betts was going to have a more involved role on the roster this year. That doesn't quite seem like a player playing for a roster spot.

Archived