Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: cut to the chase

themurf

Erm. Murf, thanks for the piece.

Nothing to see in this discussion, though, other than a few disgruntled Colt Brennan fans. Carry on.

What's that old saying about leading a horse to water ...

How can you not go with the guy who looks like Ben Rothlisberger? I mean, we've signed guys who looked like Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, etc. ...

Now that's funny.

Erm. Murf, thanks for the piece.

Nothing to see in this discussion, though, other than a few disgruntled Colt Brennan fans. Carry on.

Disgruntled? LMAO

Brennan has the #3 locked (even before last night) regardless of the battle for #3 hype the gullible folks here were led to believe.

Think they both played good last night. but two preseason games to determine Chase's ability doesn't cut it for me to pick him outright over Colt. Colt has the edge of 1 yr under his belt and knowing the play book. Not that vanilla play book we see during the preseason. I believe if Colt is let go he will be picked up imediately where Chase COULD make it pass waviers and we retain him.

so what about the fumble that turned into a Jags TD inside our 10 yard line? did you watch the post game where they all said that it was on Chase because it was a 3 step and deliver drop and he held it?

all im asking is that people look at full bodies of work. not just a stat line. neither qb is taking us to the promised land this year. hopefully campbell can do that. and hopefully after tomorrow we can root for a team like a team again.

Ok Chase made a rookie mistake. What is Colt's Excuse?....But I do agree with you hopefully Campbell can take us there. I just get tired "Colt Homers" not wanting to give credit where credit is due. 1st Colt was going to be the starter...then Colt was a lock to beat out Collins as the backup ...and 2 weeks ago...it turned into...Chase sucks Colt's our number 3 .....Now they are all up in arms becuase the Rookie actually played well enough to make this a conversation worth having. Whats next..If we cut Colt he is going to lead some other team to the SB. :doh:

Disgruntled? LMAO

Brennan has the #3 locked (even before last night) regardless of the battle for #3 hype the gullible folks here were led to believe.

Sure. I said disgruntled, and I meant it. Read the thread. A good piece was written by murf, which stated his opinions on the matter. It was well done and obviously not just some garbage post. That said, it's not something that you have to agree with, but there are some people here that need to get some tact when disagreeing with something...

I didn't say anything about what I thought about Colt Brennan or Chase Daniel. But alot of the Colt fans are quite upset that many members here don't think as highly of their savior as they do.

Ok Chase made a rookie mistake. What is Colt's Excuse?....But I do agree with you hopefully Campbell can take us there. I just get tired "Colt Homers" not wanting to give credit where credit is due. 1st Colt was going to be the starter...then Colt was a lock to beat out Collins as the backup ...and 2 weeks ago...it turned into...Chase sucks Colt's our number 3 .....Now they are all up in arms becuase the Rookie actually played well enough to make this a conversation worth having. Whats next..If we cut Colt he is going to lead some other team to the SB. :doh:

Who said Chase sucks?? who are these up in arms? Don't make more that what it is.

I see some people making some valid points for Both QB's. a little dramatic there.

Hey Murf, another wonderful blog. Thanks for another intelligent read this mornin, they're becoming even more few & far between on this site...

I really hope Mitchell stays, it would be nice to be able to see Campbell (Or Colt or Chase or Todd) loft one high in the endzone and have some one actually there to catch it. I definitely think Mitchell has proved he can do that (at least in preseason).

I'm still hesitant on the kicking situation. No, I didn't think Suisham would make the kick, but I'm terrified as a Skins fan to say "Well ____ can't be any worse than ____" because it might actually come true. That being said, I'm still game for giving Rayner a chance, I'm just hesitant.

Who said Chase sucks?? who are these up in arms? Don't make more that what it is.

I see some people making some valid points for Both QB's. a little dramatic there.

Ok it was a little dramatic but you get my point. But there are some out there that down Chase just because he is competing with their boy Colt.

You can't tell me you haven't seen the trend around here...

Colt vs JC early in the preseason....JC cant do this or that blah blah blah...JC doesn't have "IT" Colts got "Moxie". Then it was Colt vs TC...we need to trade Collins so Colt can have the 2 spot "Who can we trade Collins to?"...now it's ...oh well Colt has 1 more year in the system....Chase should go the practice SQD BS...When the JC guys try and use the another year in the same offense defense it doesn't fly..and it shouldn't with Colt.

Last season, statistically speaking, Suisham was one of the absolute worst kickers in the league.

Didn't I read somewhere that Rayner's career field goal percentage is 72% accuracy?...Which was Suisham's accuracy rate last year, when he was the worst in the league? lol...Wouldn't picking Rayner be basically picking a guy who's guaranteed to be one of the worst in the league over a guy who was among the worst in the league for one year only?

Very nice piece. I think I agree with the kicking situation. We already know what we have in Suisham, and it's not very good. I was surprised they didn't let Rayner kick the 48 yarder, seems like they're favoring Suisham quite a bit despite his play last year.

There is also the argument that if everything is even, you go with the guy you know rather than the guy you don't know.

You see, folks? This whole fiasco here between Colt and Chase is just about spite. Much ado about nothing except for the spite-sters wanting to get the sour taste out of their mouths.

Thanks Hulk for making it crystal clear for those who actually have been taking this #3 "battle" seriously.

There is also the argument that if everything is even, you go with the guy you know rather than the guy you don't know.

Yeah that's a pretty good argument, and I think that's probably why they're going to go with Suisham. I guess if Rayner is at best "even" with the worst kicker in the NFL, that's not exactly saying too much about him anyway. I'm just tired of covering my eyes every time Suisham is getting ready to attempt a 40 yarder, and I feel like I could at least watch if somebody else was out there.

Rayner is only 13 of 19 from between 30-40 yards!! lol...Why are we so eager to get rid of Suisham that we think THAT is an automatic upgrade?

From everything I have seen since minicamp, Rayner has a stronger leg. And whenever I've seen the two kickers square off in a head-to-head drill (like, for example, at fan appreciation day), Rayner wins.

Now, I'm not there every single day. And coaches know what they're looking for more than one random blogger. I'm just saying I like going with the guy who has looked better to me, personally, and who can consistently land his kickoffs near the goal line rather than the 5 or 10.

If those don't sound good to you, then that's okay too. Unlike too many other folks around here, I personally don't need everyone to agree with my personal opinions.

I just about disagree with everything you wrote. Thank god you are not involved in the Redskins front office. :cool:

Amen. Glad he is a fan and loves the team, but I am Super Glad he doesn't work for the Skins.

Pros- Takes ok photos and covers events like TC and preseason in a satisfactory manner. He will disappear to his Obscured View Seating once the real season starts.

Cons- Horrible blog and journeyman writer (at best). Speeding down the interstate swerving in and out of traffic in a circa 1990's jeep/SUV because you are late. Live hard, Live fast BMurf.

Not trying to impersonate anyone.

But maybe you could try impersonating a reasonable adult.....I know it would be tough..

I am perfectly reasonable, and I do not brown nose like you do in every single thread you post.

I honestly have a problem with how some blogs get "auto" stickied for days, and other more notable news items do not.

I tend to agree with STB on this one. Murf's contributions to this site are immeasurable,while the contributions a couple of you have made to this site can be measured by user notes. That's not a good thing. While by and large I believe that when one puts stuff out there to read,one should be ready to take the heat that will come along with it,this kind of stuff is borderline. Murph's a staff member here. A fan doing things for the fans. For that,most of us greatly appreciate his efforts. Remember,go after the idea,not the poster.

Oh. At this rate,Murhp's going to be here a lot longer than a few others here.

Archived