Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THF: Obama's Team Crosses the Rhetorical Line

Zguy28

Obama's Team Crosses the Rhetorical Line

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/09/01/obamas-team-crosses-the-rhetorical-line/

Many Americans took off work and sacrificed family time this past August to attend congressional town halls, where they voiced opposition to a government-run overhaul of their personal health care choices. They hand painted signs, grabbed their children and drove to their local church or school gymnasium for valuable lessons in community organizing and democracy. While they lived the Rockwellian version of American discourse, they were called names, labeled as ‘too organized’ or “un-American”, and likened to mobs, Nazis and Fascists. And now President Obama’s team has designated September 11 as the day to liken conservatives to Al Qaeda terrorists.

Today, President Obama’s campaign organization “Organizing for America” sent out a notice to its “grassroots” supporters. It asked them to wage a coordinated phone campaign for health care by calling their U.S. Senators on September 11 – also known as Patriot Day in honor of the thousands of Americans killed by Al Qaeda terrorists eight years ago. It goes on: “All 50 States are coordinating in this – as we fight back against our own Right-Wing Domestic Terrorists who are subverting the American Democratic Process, whipped to a frenzy by their Fox Propaganda Network ceaselessly re-seizing power for their treacherous leaders.” Please read that again.

Full article at link...

Yeah. Please excuse my above feigned outrage. Anyone can post anything there.

Cant hold Obama responsible for the extremist nature of the uber left.

Yeah I guess you're right... It's not like he's trying to make them more extreme by spewing hateful rhetoric.

Does anyone really believe that an American president would call people on the other side terrorists. That is clearly not coming from Obama's camp. Anyone who believes it does, is just retarded and completely naive. Hell, if Bush didn't resort to it, then i dont think any president would.

I think we need another gov't Czar of something or another.

You realize, of course, that there are no "Czars" in Obama's administration any different than in Bush's, or Clinton's, or Bush I's. Czar is just a shorthand term the media uses to refer to "the Undersecretary of Health And Human Services for such and so" and these guys have no more power than did their predecessors in previous Administrations. Some people think that something has changed with Obama, but nothing has changed at all.

You know that, don't you?

You realize, of course, that there are no "Czars" in Obama's administration any different than in Bush's, or Clinton's, or Bush I's. Czar is just a shorthand term the media uses to refer to "the Undersecretary of Health And Human Services for such and so" and these guys have no more power than did their predecessors in previous Administrations. Some people think that something has changed with Obama, but nothing has changed at all.

theres just more of them now.

I just saw on Headline News that many of the parents at a school where Obama is going to talk to the students are going to keep their kids home to avoid the indoctrination session. That's crazy. I think every single president we've ever had has spoken at a school at one time or another. Remember where Bush was when he found out about 9/11?

I just saw on Headline News that many of the parents at a school where Obama is going to talk to the students are going to keep their kids home to avoid the indoctrination session. That's crazy. I think every single president we've ever had has spoken at a school at one time or another. Remember where Bush was when he found out about 9/11?

I think it's more because he is broadcasting his message to all schools (if they choose to air it of course).

politics has no place in elementary education.

From everything I've seen he's going to talk about the importance of staying in school and how he managed to get where he is because of it. How well would elementary kids understand a treatise on health care involving the controversial issues anyway? I don't think it's ever got to the point in the past where it was assumed that a president was going to be that devious and evil without any real indication that he will.

How many of those parents asked the kids to

“I pledge my service to Barack Obama.”

“I pledge to be a servant to our President.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqcPA1ysSbw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.floppingaces.net%2F2009%2F09%2F02%2Fschool-children-asked-to-pledge-to-serve-obama%2F&feature=player_embedded#t=254

From everything I've seen he's going to talk about the importance of staying in school and how he managed to get where he is because of it. How well would elementary kids understand a treatise on health care involving the controversial issues anyway? I don't think it's ever got to the point in the past where it was assumed that a president was going to be that devious and evil without any real indication that he will.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/03/white-house-withdraws-students-help-obama/

I believe that the Education secretary had planned to include "assignments" for the students afterwards.

I think some folks took exception to apparent politization within the schools for their children.

Glad they are removing those assignments. I may go to my kids class anyway, just to make sure the indoctrination that some fear doesnt occur.

I dont mind the pres speaking to school children as long as it's not of a political nature.

theres just more of them now.

I don't think so. Bush had plenty of "Undersecretary of Health and Human Services for such and so" just the same as Obama.

The Czar meme is just something that popped up recently on right wing talk, based on pretty much nothing. I guess they figure that Czar sounds Russian, and the Russians used to be commies, so if they talk about Czars a lot is makes Obama sound like a commie too. Or something.

The Czar meme is just something that popped up recently on right wing talk, based on pretty much nothing. I guess they figure that Czar sounds Russian, and the Russians used to be commies, so if they talk about Czars a lot is makes Obama sound like a commie too. Or something.

Also, don't forget advisers... A Czar can be any subject matter expert that is advising the president. That's just another way our country is slowly turning into Mother Russia :silly:

The difference is many of his are self avowed communists and radicals. That is a BIG difference. WTH is he appointing these people? Didn't he say we should judge him by the people he surrounds himself with?

Archived