Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honda Pilot V Toyota Highlander

HOF44

Time to delve into the car buying world again. I've owned a Highlander before and liked it a lot. Looking at the new Pilots, they have a few nice features on them compared to the Highlanders. Both about the same price and gas mileage.

Anyone driving the new model Highlander or Pilot with an opinion?

Time to delve into the car buying world again. I've owned a Highlander before and liked it a lot. Looking at the new Pilots, they have a few nice features on them compared to the Highlanders. Both about the same price and gas mileage.

Anyone driving the new model Highlander or Pilot with an opinion?

I drive an '04 Pilot (bought it in '06) and love it. It has plenty of room, drives great, and the third row of seats are actually comfortable for bigger kids (early teens).

You thought the 4Runner had more room than the Highlander? I had a 2002 Highlander I bought because the 4Runner was to small.

Everyone saying the Pilot is to small, what year did you have? They were redesigned last year and are bigger now.

I don't know, they might be. We really weren't concerned about cargo-storage etc... my wife didn't like the look of the Pilot. It came down to Murano or MDX, and once she drove the MDX it was pretty much sold. We happened to buy the best time lately, December 2008...

my wife didn't like the look of the Pilot.

I did agree with her. The Pilot was re-designed in 2009 and made larger and with a lot more features. That's why it's on my radar now.

Still not in love with the looks, but it really has some nice features for the money. Also not a huge fan of the new Highlander look either.

800px-2009_Honda_Pilot_concept_NY.jpg

Bob:

Drive the new GM Lamda frame.

That line includes:

Chevrolet Traverse

GMC Acadia

Saturn Outlook

Buick Enclave.

All 4 share the same frame, power train, and can usually have the same free flow options available.

I think the Buick version is the best, and in theory is, since it has the most stuff.

Pound for pound the Chevrolet Traverse is the best deal. Its the Enclave with out HID, quiet tuning and a few other things.

Drive some models on that frame. If you like it, I can get you GM Employee price at all 4 GM brands.

I moved out of state a few months ago, but am still connected to my old dealership.

Drive some models on that frame. If you like it, I can get you GM Employee price at all 4 GM brands.

I moved out of state a few months ago, but am still connected to my old dealership.

Thanks a lot. Hope you like Myrtle beach. I was looking to buy a condo down there, I love the area, but would only be able to go down for weekends and traffic made me back off that plan.

I'll take a look at those. I'm probably leaning toward the Toyota/Honda route though. I know the US companies put out some quality products now, but the way they loose their value scares me off.

Bob:

Drive the new GM Lamda frame.

That line includes:

Chevrolet Traverse

GMC Acadia

Saturn Outlook

Buick Enclave.

All 4 share the same frame, power train, and can usually have the same free flow options available.

I think the Buick version is the best, and in theory is, since it has the most stuff.

Pound for pound the Chevrolet Traverse is the best deal. Its the Enclave with out HID, quiet tuning and a few other things.

Thanks a lot. Hope you like Myrtle beach. I was looking to buy a condo down there, I love the area, but would only be able to go down for weekends and traffic made me back off that plan.

I'll take a look at those. I'm probably leaning toward the Toyota/Honda route though. I know the US companies put out some quality products now, but the way they loose their value scares me off.

Ironically, I just finished watching the comparison DVD for the Traverse vs. the Highlander and am now working on my walkaround presentation for the 2010 Traverse. It is a VERY nice vehicle with tons of options and rides great.

Archived