Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STB21's Training Camp Recap (Day 1)

CRobi21

I have to say, this was a little more rosy than some of the other that we've read, like Steinberg saying it was kind of sloppy at times. Also, I have heard that Tryon is vastly improved, but I thought Thomas burned him with some double move and had 15 yards of separation?

Anyway, thanks for the effort, this was good to read. I really do hope the team looks as sharp as the picture you were painting today.

I read that Malcom Kelly caught a deep bomb for a TD today, any recollection of that?

Yep!

Can't remember who was defending on the play, but I'm pretty sure it was on the WR-DB drill. Just man-to-man. I'm pretty sure it was JC who threw it, right on Malcolm's outside shoulder and he reeled it in and got his feet past the goal line before going out of bounds. Hopefully we see more of that in the near future.

Thank you so much for the recap. It was almost like Christmas in July. Redskins football is back and the board has survived without imploding through another offseason. My only question is how did Big Mike Williams look out there? Or was he not mentioned because he really didn't have a chance to do much? Or have i just missed where you talked about him.

I have to say, this was a little more rosy than some of the other that we've read, like Steinberg saying it was kind of sloppy at times. Also, I have heard that Tryon is vastly improved, but I thought Thomas burned him with some double move and had 15 yards of separation?

Anyway, thanks for the effort, this was good to read. I really do hope the team looks as sharp as the picture you were painting today.

Well, I'm a bit of a kool-aid drinker. And you're right it was a bit sloppy at times. We started the 11-on-11, and our OL jumped offsides on 2 consecutive plays. And Thomas did put a sick move on Tryon, looked like a double move post pattern type thing, lol.

But yea, I'm just a little beam of sunshine now that the burgundy and gold is back on the football field. Like I said at the end, there's definately room for improvement at all positions.

Thank you so much for the recap. It was almost like Christmas in July. Redskins football is back and the board has survived without imploding through another offseason. My only question is how did Big Mike Williams look out there? Or was he not mentioned because he really didn't have a chance to do much? Or have i just missed where you talked about him.

Big Mike was with the second and third team. Hard to assess those guys since they don't have the pads laced up. He still stuck out standing out there, but he was MUCH slimmer than the pics we saw at OTA. We'll have a better look at him later on in camp.

Big Mike was with the second and third team. Hard to assess those guys since they don't have the pads laced up. He still stuck out standing out there, but he was MUCH slimmer than the pics we saw at OTA. We'll have a better look at him later on in camp.

Thank you for the answer. Being a displaced fan sucks. I def would have been at practice today if i was in the NOVA area.

Yep!

Can't remember who was defending on the play, but I'm pretty sure it was on the WR-DB drill. Just man-to-man. I'm pretty sure it was JC who threw it, right on Malcolm's outside shoulder and he reeled it in and got his feet past the goal line before going out of bounds. Hopefully we see more of that in the near future.

GREAT, thanks STBonecrusher21

Yep!

Thanks for the great recap.

I read somewhere it was Hall defending Kelly on the long TD pass.

Edit: Did you happen to notice chris wilson? Was he playing SAM or DE or both?

Thanks for the great recap.

I read somewhere it was Hall defending Kelly on the long TD pass.

That's who it was!

D Hall, it wasn't bad coverage at all either. It's just pretty much impossible to defend a perfect throw and a WR who's got good position on you. D Hall was walking back, and Smoot, surprise surprise, was letting him know what just happened. Smoot went a couple turns later, he didn't have much room to talk.

Malcolm beat D Hall, and Devin beat Tryon just that one time. But other than that, Hall and Tryon won their battle.

Edit: Did you happen to notice chris wilson? Was he playing SAM or DE or both?

I didn't see much of him at LB at all, if any. Every time I saw him he had his hand on the ground. He got some good pressure a couple times during 11-on-11 though at DE.

Archived