Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: 16 people shot in Baltimore Sunday

heyholetsgogrant

There are "good" parts of Baltimore? WHERE? :hysterical:

I've been to every neighborhood there for the most part, I never said to myself, this is a nice part of town, i would live here :silly: Except for the 2 blocks adjacent to the Inner Harbor

Actually I don't even like the blocks right around the Inner Harbor and Harborplace. Some of the best neighborhoods there are Federal Hill, Canton and Fells Point. The latter 2 you can walk around outside and not really worry about anything. As bad as Baltimore seems to be, the crime typically stays within the bad neighborhoods, so if you're in a nice area like the ones I stated, you should be fine.

We were going to the Aquarium and got redirected due to a Ravens game.

My 10yr old said it looked just like "City of Heroes" because of the ripped up chain link fences and broken concrete everywhere.

I was pretty sure that summed up the situation right there.

There are "good" parts of Baltimore? WHERE? :hysterical:

I've been to every neighborhood there for the most part, I never said to myself, this is a nice part of town, i would live here :silly: Except for the 2 blocks adjacent to the Inner Harbor

Come on, Dutz65. It's just like people's impression of Philly being an armpit. There are good neighborhoods and bad ones. Mount Vernon is right in the heart of the city, and I would live there without a doubt (even if it is kind of a gay community, lol). People watch the Wire and think the whole city is like North Ave at night. Is all of Philly like Temple at night? No.

Hampton is just outside the Beltway, and it's an extremely nice neighborhood.

Actually I don't even like the blocks right around the Inner Harbor and Harborplace. Some of the best neighborhoods there are Federal Hill, Canton and Fells Point. The latter 2 you can walk around outside and not really worry about anything. As bad as Baltimore seems to be, the crime typically stays within the bad neighborhoods, so if you're in a nice area like the ones I stated, you should be fine.

This is 100% true. I'd say about 80-90% of all the shootings in Baltimore take place in the same areas and are mostly something about drugs. As long as you aren't wandering through North Ave at night you should be fine. Fells Point, Canton, Fed Hill, and Mt.Vernon are all right in the heart of the city and are really nice places to live. Michael Phelps lives in Fells Point I believe.

Archived