Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: 16 people shot in Baltimore Sunday

heyholetsgogrant

12 Injured in Hail of Gunfire at Baltimore Backyard Cookout

Monday, July 27, 2009

BALTIMORE — A feud between rival drug gangs led to a shooting at a backyard cookout that left 12 people wounded, including a pregnant woman and a 2-year-old girl, Baltimore's police commissioner said Monday.

In all, 16 people were shot, two of them fatally, in four incidents in poverty-stricken east Baltimore over a period of about three hours Sunday night and early Monday morning, police said. At least one of the subsequent shootings was related to the attack at the cookout, Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III said.

The number of people shot in such a short period was unprecedented in the city's history, the commissioner said.

"It stacks up pretty high," Bealefeld said. "To have 12 people shot in one incident and [others] scattered around east Baltimore, it's just absolutely ridiculous."

The cookout shooting happened around 9 p.m. A gunman walked into the backyard of a rowhouse on Ashland Avenue and opened fire with a semiautomatic weapon before fleeing on foot, police said.

None of the dozen victims suffered life-threatening injuries. They were hit in the legs, arms, shoulders and backs, and the wounded included a 2-year-old girl, who was shot in the arm, and a pregnant 23-year-old, who took a bullet in the thigh, police said.

Source: AP

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534913,00.html?test=latestnews

How can a city this big be broke?

I can't tell you either. You'd think all the money that comes in from the Inner Harbor, O's, Ravens, and other things that Bmore would be fine money wise. But its horrible. I think Baltimore has some of the worst roads in the country. And there are plenty of run down row homes throughout the city. I don't know where all the money goes.

I can't tell you either. You'd think all the money that comes in from the Inner Harbor, O's, Ravens, and other things that Bmore would be fine money wise. But its horrible. I think Baltimore has some of the worst roads in the country. And there are plenty of run down row homes throughout the city. I don't know where all the money goes.

So where is the public outcry. I mean this doesn't make any sense. Are the taxes to high. I mean NY can function with aaid from Albany. I know MD has some very weathly areas. How in the heck is the Nations Capital, and one of the biggest cities in America pretty much ran on Marshall Law? 16 people shot. Some of them with nothing to do with the "game", and nobody is going crazy. What is this, just leave the savages to their own devices huh...unbelievable! See this is what I am talking about. There is so much industry in B-more, why are people not getting jobs. How much education do you need to work in a factory, or on the docks?

Where are the cops at? What is wrong with this municipality? Where are the jobs? What the heck is going on? You have poverty, yet they can take a trip to VA and get guns. Who is policing the streets.

Where are the cops at?

Aren't you the same guy who was complaining last week about the presence of police in urban neighborhoods v. suburban?

So where is the public outcry. I mean this doesn't make any sense. Are the taxes to high. I mean NY can function with aaid from Albany. I know MD has some very weathly areas. How in the heck is the Nations Capital, and one of the biggest cities in America pretty much ran on Marshall Law? 16 people shot. Some of them with nothing to do with the "game", and nobody is going crazy. What is this, just leave the savages to their own devices huh...unbelievable! See this is what I am talking about. There is so much industry in B-more, why are people not getting jobs. How much education do you need to work in a factory, or on the docks?

Those are all valid points. I'm sure they are pumping alot of money into education. I know the schools in the City are improving. But as for jobs, I have no idea. It took me 3 months to find a job after I graduated last year. I applied to Legg Mason, T Rowe Price, Northrop Grumman, etc. All of those have offices in Baltimore or around the area. Legg Mason just built a huge new office right on the Inner Harbor. Its pretty crazy, can't say I understand it. There's at least one shooting every day in the City. Most of it is drug related, but its still no excuse. If you haven't seen the show The Wire, I'd recommend it. Really shows you what Baltimore is about.

Where are the cops at?

Aren't you the same guy who was complaining last week about the presence of police in urban neighborhoods v. suburban?

He was also complaining about the handling of the Harvard professor being arrested.

Typical anti-law enforcement sentiment. Blame them when crime occurs, but when they actually enforce the law, they are racists and cowards.

He was also complaining about the handling of the Harvard professor being arrested.

Typical anti-law enforcement sentiment. Blame them when crime occurs, but when they actually enforce the law, they are racists and cowards.

So you have chosen to judge him entirely based on one topic of conversation ?

Should I do the same for you ?

Judge what you will. To some people, its **** the police no matter what they do.

But for others it's defend the police no matter what they do.

I'm not on either end, I think if you're a human being you're bound to be a hypocrite....see I'm already showing you I'm human.

Judge what you will. To some people, its **** the police no matter what they do.

As the saying goes..."there is never a cop there when you need one".

I don't say that in most instances but when I see something that is an abuse of power or an injustice, than I may discuss it.

But for others it's defend the police no matter what they do.

I'm not on either end, I think if you're a human being you're bound to be a hypocrite....see I'm already showing you I'm human.

I dont see every human as a hypocrite, but I do get where you are coming from. I defend the police when I think it is justified, I call them out when I think they are wrong.

Personally, I am not perfect, but I try to live as an upstanding person of my community. I expect everyone to do that not just police.

Its still crazy and I'm glad I don't live in the bad part of the city.

There are "good" parts of Baltimore? WHERE? :hysterical:

I've been to every neighborhood there for the most part, I never said to myself, this is a nice part of town, i would live here :silly: Except for the 2 blocks adjacent to the Inner Harbor

Archived