Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality Check For The New Season

Gregpeck99

Invest in Verizon or AT&T  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Invest in Verizon or AT&T

Being a TRUE fan means sticking with your team through thick and thin. The NEEDED additions in the offseason and it being the 2nd year behind the same coaching staff is nothing but positive for our organization.

(1) Offense sucks. There has been little or no off-season improvement, the QB is suspect, and the OL still is unsettled. Too much reliance on Portis, a "dink and dunk" passing attack, and unimaginative and conservative play-calling spell less than 20 points/gm once again.

There is no facts to support your claim of no off-season improvement, total speculation. We have a healthy Samuels and we added Derrick Dockery and Mike Williams to improve our O-Line, once again don't speculate before you see what happens with the new O-Line. To call out our offensive scheme before the seasons started is a stupid statement, you have no idea whats in store. They have already more than doubled the amount of pass plays in our playbook. Your 1st point has failed.

(2) There is no team chemistry and no leadership on the field. Campbell's unassertive demeanor combined with Portis' petulant moodiness brings the offense down. On defense, while Fletcher tries hard, primma donnas like Haynesworth and Landry tend to play their own game rather than adapt to a team concept. Coach Zorn does not seem to have the steel to forge a "team identity" of any intensity and the sideline during a game frequently reminds one of a "wake."

Again we have plenty of veterans on our team that lead the way. Saying Haynesworth plays his own game is a stupid statement because you have no facts to support this claim. He put up numbers on the Titans and played off the talent of his teammates on defense to get those stats aka team player. Landry is feared and a main reason you hardly ever hear his name because no one throws deep on him. Zorn was a big part of the offseason additions and getting rid of old washed up players so that supports the fact that he is trying to build a team identity and win championships. Zorn on numerous occasions has got in players faces when they lacked the performance needed and has praised them when they have accelled. He benched Portis, how can you make these statements?!! 2nd statement failed

(3) The other teams in the NFC East are all improved and can score points. While the Skins may "steal" one or two "wins" like last year, they do not have the ability to "dominate" in their own Division.

Again speculation. The season has not started yet so how do you know what the Redskins can do. The Giants lost Burress and the Cowboys lost TO, both big contributors to their offense and the Eagles lost Dawkins, a big motivation to their team. Who did we lose that was a contributor?!! Reports in the offseason stated the Redskins have the best wide reciever core in the NFC East, without the names of Malcolm Kelly or Devin Thomas in the discussion. ????? 3rd Statement failed

(4) The Skins are forever rebuilding. Last year's second half regression tells the story of a team lacking depth, talent at key skill positions, and a will to win. Until they overcome these deficiencies they will remain a "bottom feeder."

Last years second half regression was due to injuries and our coach not switching up the offense once every caught on. Mainly because of the lack of time we had with the new staff. Campbell already stated that this time last year they had 58 pass plays down and today they have 176, thats improvement and proof that being in the same system year after year makes you a better team. I believe they filled the key positions needed in the offseason with the pickups on defense and for the offensive line. Everyone in the NFL has a will to win, thats ludacris. 4th statement failed

(5) The uniforms suck and are badly in need of a bolder, more aggressive and modern "new look". At the very least, the arguably "controversial" helmet logo should be changed. At this time of the year, when all teams are even, its easy to be optimistic. But in the case of our beloved Burgundy and Gold, I see little reason that things will be any different in 2009. Tell me I'm wrong and why?

Saying our uniforms suck make me doubt that you are a true fan of the burgundy and gold. If anything they should stay the same and never change. We have years of history behind our colors and logos and changing this would be stupid. This of your 5 points upsets me the most. You should not call yourself a Redskins fan if you want to get rid of the Redskins logo and colors, go to the Cowboys bench please. 5th statement failed!

Basically everything you've said is speculation and shows your denile/lack of confidence that the Redskins could ever have a good season. Make this thread come week 5 or 6 with your findings.

HAIL :helmet:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Reality

reâ‹…alâ‹…iâ‹…ty

  /riˈælɪti/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ree-al-i-tee]

–noun, plural -ties for 3, 5–7.

1. the state or quality of being real.

2. resemblance to what is real.

3. a real thing or fact.

4. real things, facts, or events taken as a whole; state of affairs: the reality of the business world; vacationing to escape reality.

5. Philosophy.

a. something that exists independently of ideas concerning it.

b. something that exists independently of all other things and from which all other things derive.

6. something that is real.

7. something that constitutes a real or actual thing, as distinguished from something that is merely apparent.

—Idiom

8. in reality, in fact or truth; actually: brave in appearance, but in reality a coward.

Basically everything you've said is speculation and shows your denile/lack of confidence that the Redskins could ever have a good season. Make this thread come week 5 or 6 with your findings.

HAIL

Good points all sKinsforlife, but greg ain't buying truth, he is buying pleasure with a dark heart. He loves the Skins so much, he hates 'em. Go figure.

This team will go as far as the offense will take us. I'm not entirely sold on Campbell yet but my gut tells me that this is an 8-8 team again. Tremendous defense but it won't matter when we're scoring 13 and 16 PPG and the defense spends more than half the game on the field.

I think we see Brennan in week 10.

Don't get me wrong, its not what I'm hoping for.

Being a TRUE fan means sticking with your team through thick and thin.

You are entitled to your beliefs as much as I am. Here is my riposte.

There is no facts to support your claim ... Your 1st point has failed.

Your facts are better than mine ... I concede.

He benched Portis, how can you make these statements?!! 2nd statement failed.

Zorn didn't go far enough. Should have booted CP out of town. Campbell should have called Portis out and shown some "on-field" leadership. When an FO makes a public statement that "there are no issues between a player and the Coach" you sense something is drastically wrong. This remains a festering cancer entering the new season.

Redskins have the best wide reciever core in the NFC East, without the names of Malcolm Kelly or Devin Thomas in the discussion. ????? 3rd Statement failed

You must be dellusional.

Last years second half regression was due to injuries and our coach not switching up the offense. 4th statement failed.

Last year's collapse was due to the team's talent reaching its natural level. The first-half overachievement was a "head fake" and the chronic inability to score TDs was a "warning flag."

Saying our uniforms suck ... This of your 5 points upsets me the most. 5th statement failed!

Don't have a hissy fit!

Make this thread come week 5 or 6 with your findings.

Ugh! I'm afraid to look.

"Predicting" a negative outcome of the season is just as "bad" as predicting a positive outcome for the season.

Since NO ONE knows the future, it's all just opinion. I tend to think that those of us with positive vibes think the best scenario will play out. Those with negative vibes, think the worst.

Now if you could just copy that and put in your original post then that would be really great! Now if you don't know how to do that then let us and we will be more then happy to assist you. :)

Please go ahaed ... you will be doing all of us a service including me.

Hey, Greg

Joe Bugel said very recently that the O line has more depth now than at any time since he's been here. I think it was obvious that the O line was our weakest unit last season, and it's equally obvious that we didn't get help for it in the draft, so it's still a concern.

Aside from the O line, I think there are sound reasons to expect improved performances from every unit on this team this season. When you consider that we were 8-8 last year, and have an easier schedule on paper this year, how can you be pessimistic?

Which unit on the team will not be improved this season in your opinion?

Know what you mean ... about the "hair" thing.

Ah-ha, so you would miss me and my ray of sunshine peering through your dark clouds of doom? gee thanks.

Coach Gibbs thinks Jason has the ability to overcome adversity, I think so as well. And if not, Go Colt, Chase or heck Todd Collins.

If the line is healthy and blocking, Portis is running with his feet and not his mouth, this team won't be the one you expected to see Greg.

"Predicting" a negative outcome of the season is just as "bad" as predicting a positive outcome for the season.

Since NO ONE knows the future, it's all just opinion. I tend to think that those of us with positive vibes think the best scenario will play out. Those with negative vibes, think the worst.

So how is predicting a positive outcome just as bad?, because you stumped me on that one. I choose to believe good things are coming, and then they do. Bad things come as well, I just don't spend as much time on them. Don't waste your energy dwelling on negatives, when you can go all Baal Perazim.

Archived