Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality Check For The New Season

Gregpeck99

Invest in Verizon or AT&T  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Invest in Verizon or AT&T

Why do I even open threads like this..... Someone give this guy a link to the Iggles or Pukes forum, he may feel more at home there.

Its been proven many many times that in the NFL, ANY team can win ANY year.... Look at the Cardinals last year, and we didnt have much trouble with them.

Point well taken. Thanks! When the Skins start to become competitive I'll use "indent" in my optimistic piece.

"Indent" is what happened to your head when you were dropped on it as a baby.

Just kidding. But your OP... Wow.

basically i am also worried that we did little to address our greatest need which was fixing our offense, while noticably improving our defense and pass rushing abilities.

Actually, the FO did try to improve the offense by going after Cutler and Sanchez. That message alone tells you alot about the Skins own expectations and what "they" view as a principle weakness.

I say it's win-win (and I'm not even kidding).

If we play well and exceed expectations, we'll probably make the playoffs and have a young nucleus to build around for a championship run.

If we struggle and Zorn proves to be the wrong guy, there are several proven/established options (head coach and GM potentially) to come in a begin a true offensive rebuild (we don't need one on defense as we are young and talented).

Win-win.

I say it's win-win (and I'm not even kidding).

If we play well and exceed expectations, we'll probably make the playoffs and have a young nucleus to build around for a championship run.

If we struggle and Zorn proves to be the wrong guy, there are several proven/established options (head coach and GM potentially) to come in a begin a true offensive rebuild (we don't need one on defense as we are young and talented).

Win-win.

Realisticly this defense should be good enough to keep us in games I am not saying they are the best ever or anything like that I am just saying that defense still goes a long way in the NFL...

Realisticly this defense should be good enough to keep us in games I am not saying they are the best ever or anything like that I am just saying that defense still goes a long way in the NFL...

I agree. I seriously believe we can win this year the way the Titans, Ravens, and to a lesser extent, the Steelers won last year.

However, in order to make the strides we all want to see, our offense will need to drop 21-23 PPG. If they can do that, we'll win 11+ games and be well on our way for a few years. If they can't, we should turn this team over to a coach who can take advantage of the 5-year window we have on D.

Yeah I could really see this thread going extremely crazy. It's such a wonderful thing that if people agree or disagree that they don't have to sit here and argue until there is a resolution.

All you gotta do if you disagree is read the original post, think to yourself, oh.. that's nice, then continue on about your day.

If you agree with the original post then you don't have to engage those who decided to to argue with the original post. Just read the replies, think to yourself, oh.. that's nice, then continue on about your day.

This post is amazing... Im sure it will have 100 posts by the end of the day. This will be classic GOOD vs. EVIL

So do I ... but changes are needed and they will not be able to be put off much longer ... this year is the "turn" to borrow a Poker phrase ... I'm pumped for this reason alone.

Dude why would you say the uniforms stink? I love the uniforms and the Helmet. I don't want that to EVER change

Good.

The offense is still a huge concern of mine, but I'm very optimistic about Kelly and Thomas. When it comes to JC, I believe all that has happened this offseason will really give him a "let it fly" attitude. I'm not saying he'll be reckless, but I think he'll be more prone to take a few more chances and leave it all on the field.

Hope you'r right ... but past performance so far is a guide.

:blahblah: Ok you don't like Campbell we get it....and your other opinions are supported by 0.01% of the majority of half of the REDSKIN fan population ...it's science.

I rather be realistic than popular.

Damn it must suck to be that miserable. Get some sunshine and some counseling dude, life ain't that bad!

I'm not complaining bout life ... only bout them Skins ... they need changes.

One thing I have expected from ES: before every season there will be a thread about how we will go to the Super Bowl and there will be a thread about how much we will suck. The truth is, its usually in between. And I think most people fall in the in between. Its the extremists that get more responses to their threads though.

My extreme positions are very consistent and will remain so until the Skins become competitive. The B&G have a long way to go. Just being realistic.

You are wrong. Why? Because you didn't pay attention in elementary school. The result is you suck down malt liquor by the case and share the bitter disappointment your life has become with the unfortunate people who stumble upon your misguided rantings on this message board.

You are entitled to your opinion even it its stupid.

You are entitled to your opinion even it its stupid.

...as you have demonstrated by starting this thread. I mean seriously. There's "realistic." Then there's "****fest." It's a clear line, and you did a broad jump right over it.

I don't know how they view Colt ... hopefully this will change for the better soon ... one reason why we are all anticipating the new season.

You pretty much implied that the reason they were going for Cutler and Sanchez was because they don't have faith in Campbell. Wouldn't that then make them not have faith in Colt?

I'm all for whoever the better QB is.

Dump Portis? A top 5 RB let alone a Pro Bowl running back.

Come on man :doh:

He's over the hill Insane ... and more trouble than he's worth ... we need to move on at RB ... reliance on Portis off tackle on 1st and 2nd down doesn't do it in the WCO ... its Gibbs-ball. Conservative, dull and guaranteed not to score points (especially with JC at QB).

I'm all for whoever the better QB is.

AGREE! Let's have a shoot-out in training camp with everyone invited.

Archived