Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Davis signs with Rosenhaus

0mega

Search function didn't work. Per KFFL..... http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1

Redskins | F. Davis signs with Rosenhaus

Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:29:37 -0700

Agent Drew Rosenhaus wrote on his Twitter page that he has signed Washington Redskins TE Fred Davis as a new client.

Predictions: If Davis doesn't see significant PT this season he will request/demand a trade.

If he DOES see more PT and puts up decent numbers, he will hold out for more $.

At least Rosenhaus has a good relationship with the Skins...and come on seriously what is the standard contract for someone who is inactive for of the season and who sleeps through practice? Sleepy Fred has no leverage here.... oh yeah and either way we still have Cooley...

Predictions: If Davis doesn't see significant PT this season he will request/demand a trade.

If he DOES see more PT and puts up decent numbers, he will hold out for more $.

Not sure why you'd assume that. Most of Rosenhaus's clients are good citizens. His reputation as the agent of problem players isn't necessarily deserved. Though he does represent T.O., Jeremy Shockey, Plaxico Burress, Ocho Cinco, etc., he also works for Santana Moss, Rock Cartwright, London Fletcher, Clinton Portis, Mike Sellers... he has a good rapport with the Redskins FO.

Not sure why you'd assume that. Most of Rosenhaus's clients are good citizens. His reputation as the agent of problem players isn't necessarily deserved. Though he does represent T.O., Jeremy Shockey, Plaxico Burress, Ocho Cinco, etc., he also works for Santana Moss, Rock Cartwright, London Fletcher, Clinton Portis, Mike Sellers... he has a good rapport with the Redskins FO.

Not problems players.

HE'S a problem. Dudes synonymous with trade demands, holdouts, etc. If he has a good relationship with the Skins FO it's because Snyder bends over without a word.

You know what, personally i thin Rosenhaus is a 1st class jack*** however, he gets the job done i guess.

This guy put a video on youtube to help get contract negotiatons going better for Lito Sheppard when the Eagles wouldn't pay him more and Drew Rosenhaus convinced him he deserved it. So off he went to NY Jets this year and they quickly restructured the deal.

So in the end - Drew looks like a jack*** in the public eye, Lito and Drew get paid.

You know what, personally i thin Rosenhaus is a 1st class jack*** however, he gets the job done i guess.

This guy put a video on youtube to help get contract negotiatons going better for Lito Sheppard when the Eagles wouldn't pay him more and Drew Rosenhaus convinced him he deserved it. So off he went to NY Jets this year and they quickly restructured the deal.

So in the end - Drew looks like a jack*** in the public eye, Lito and Drew get paid.

He posted a video for Chad Johnson too begging for him to be released. That one didn't work though.

He does his job - no doubt. And while the merits of the current CBA and players salary structures, etc, could be discussed until we're all blue in the face, I think that the majority of fans have a hard time respecting his tactics.

Not problems players.

HE'S a problem. Dudes synonymous with trade demands, holdouts, etc. If he has a good relationship with the Skins FO it's because Snyder bends over without a word.

if i were a player, i wouldn't mind having him as my agent

his first responsibility is to the player, not the team

if i were a player, i wouldn't mind having him as my agent

his first responsibility is to the player, not the team

Right - but is that good or bad for the team?

On a side note, that Henderson/Bisping fight was a classic.

Right - but is that good or bad for the team?

On a side note, that Henderson/Bisping fight was a classic.

rosenhaus has had a decent working relationship with our front office, i dont think it'll be the end of the world for us.

player/agent relationships almost have to be independent of the teams goals, especially in a league where contracts are not guaranteed

When Rosenhaus' cunning plan of owning every player on the roster comes to fruition, does he get to own the team as well?

Hail.

He doesn't own the players. Players pay his salary. They own him. I just happens that he is very good at what he does. Can you blame the players for hiring the guy?

This just in: At the end of this season, I'm going to demand a trade or a bigger contract from the Redskins.

Oh, wait--I don't have any leverage either.

Hope this is much ado about nothing.

Seriously: Contract....a commitment by 2 sides for a specified time. No need to renegotiate--EVER.

Archived