Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Buys 400 End Zone and 400 High Rows?

Timmy_Smith

My number got called off the wait list this year (If there really still is a wait list). After putting down a deposit, I was assigned Section 451, row 24. Uninspired by these seats, I was set to eat my deposit and watch from home. Today, the T.O. calls me and offers section 401, row 11, which I bought. First, how are these seats available if there is a waiting list? Second, how are the Redskins able to sell any 400 end zones or high rows when 50 yard line row 11 is still available? Will there be any market for these tickets this year, i.e. will I be able to sell the games I don't attend?

Yeah, when my # got called they offered me the same general locations...but since i lived in Arizona and now Colorado i just decided that when I need tickets I'll just spend the coin for some really good ones...I like being in th elower bowl around 20 rows up between the 30's.

If I lived there you can bet your hiney I would have club seats though...I LOVE THEM and bring some "needed' intensity to those seats.

My number got called off the wait list this year (If there really still is a wait list). After putting down a deposit, I was assigned Section 451, row 24. Uninspired by these seats, I was set to eat my deposit and watch from home. Today, the T.O. calls me and offers section 401, row 11, which I bought. First, how are these seats available if there is a waiting list? Second, how are the Redskins able to sell any 400 end zones or high rows when 50 yard line row 11 is still available? Will there be any market for these tickets this year, i.e. will I be able to sell the games I don't attend?
Might be they purposely leave the best sidelines seats open. They fill the horrible seats first. Then they call the ones who don't buy and offer them the sweet seats.

In 2000, I didn't buy right away since I had two others on another account. I waited. Then I called in July when I had more cash. They gave me 446 row 1.

First, how are these seats available if there is a waiting list?

The waiting list is somewhat of a mysterious thing. The actual demand for tickets and general procedures the Redskins follow when it comes to selling tickets is highly obfuscated. People have greatly varying experiences with wait times and seat locations.

Will there be any market for these tickets this year, i.e. will I be able to sell the games I don't attend?

That depends entirely. You should always be able to unload the tickets if you desperately need to, it's just a matter of how much of a loss you take (if any). For example, there will be a good market for any ticket under one or more of the following circumstances:

- The Redskins are looking like legitimate playoff contenders

- The tickets are for a divisional game

- The tickets are for a Steelers game

If we're 4-8 and playing the Bills you may be SOL. It's essentially the same thing as trading a commodity.

Congrats on the great seats! Those are straight butta!

But my dislike for the TO's "lies" continues to grow......I specifically asked them if they had anything lower then row 25, and they said no........what ****ing assclowns. I'm definitely not renewing next year, I'll buy them secondary.

I'm happy for you though!

And to answer your question: You'll barely be able to sell the tickets for face value - only exception is the Dallas game, where you can double the face price (not on ES though). We get 'blessed' this year with all of our NFC East games on Sunday (Dallas) and Monday night (New York and Philly) in the winter. Thanks NFL for hooking us up (*******s)!

How are the upper end zone seats? My friend owes me some tickets cause i paid for him last year, and he wants to get the cheapest ones. Our options are last row in teh corner of the 200s, I said hell no, and the other option was last row in the 400s end zone. Hows the view from up there? Still decent? I have sat in the 400s plenty of times but they were all in the middle or near middle

TS,

I'm just curious . How many seats did you get in 401 row 11 ? I'm 10 rows behind you and have been on the upgrade request list for a couple of years , and all i wanted was to move down closer to the rail , row 11 would of been perfect , But the T.O. tells me every year that there is nothing available !!!

upper endzone is the best place in the stadium. there's a reason that coaches don't watch film taken from the lower bowl 20 yard line. you can't see anything develop. upper endzone, you can see how the defense is aligned, the blocking schemes develop and holes open up, you can see the coverages and routes develop. if you're really WATCHING football, there's no better place.

Congrats on the great seats! Those are straight butta!

But my dislike for the TO's "lies" continues to grow......I specifically asked them if they had anything lower then row 25, and they said no........what ****ing assclowns. I'm definitely not renewing next year, I'll buy them secondary.

I'm happy for you though!

And to answer your question: You'll barely be able to sell the tickets for face value - only exception is the Dallas game, where you can double the face price (not on ES though). We get 'blessed' this year with all of our NFC East games on Sunday (Dallas) and Monday night (New York and Philly) in the winter. Thanks NFL for hooking us up (*******s)!

I can agree with the first part of your post completely . The T.O. needs to get their S*** together . This organization needs to start taking care of the loyal Customers (STH's) request first then sell to the so called waiting list.

We STH's have been paying for years and just want to move down a few rows or over a few sections . Is it really that difficult for the Redskins to do that . I'm seriously going to have to consider letting my tickets go next year with the crap they keep pulling.

As for your other part of your post , i've been selling at least half of my tickets on this stie to other members since i joined Extremeskins, never with any problems and always at cost except for the pre-season games which i always get half price for. patience and bumping always helps :)

I buy upper endzone for 2 reasons--the first is that I have to add travel costs to each game (either drive 10 hours or hope for cheap AIRTRAN tickets). Second is I enjoy the view from the endzone and watching the plays develop.

Eventually I will move closer to DC and then upgrade my tickets with the travel $ I am saving.

J

Day games the 400's are as good as any seat in the stadium, well almost. Night games, not so much. For some reason you can see the game much better up there during the day then you can at night. It might be the lights or it could just be me..thats my 2 cents.

I buy upper endzone for 2 reasons--the first is that I have to add travel costs to each game (either drive 10 hours or hope for cheap AIRTRAN tickets). Second is I enjoy the view from the endzone and watching the plays develop.

Eventually I will move closer to DC and then upgrade my tickets with the travel $ I am saving.

J

whooooaaa nelly. If you are moving from cincy to dc, you wont be saving a darn thing. have you checked the cost of living? Its prolly gonna be cheaper to traval buddy. I dunno, just saying.

upper endzone is the best place in the stadium. there's a reason that coaches don't watch film taken from the lower bowl 20 yard line. you can't see anything develop. upper endzone, you can see how the defense is aligned, the blocking schemes develop and holes open up, you can see the coverages and routes develop. if you're really WATCHING football, there's no better place.

Exactly...When I sit up high or in the lower bowl I prefer endzone seats b/c I can see everything develop. I actually don't like seats between the 20's in the lower bowl...

Upper endzone isn't that bad in general (because of sight lines), but in Fedex, you are so high up, the field really shrinks.

It's not possible to read jerseys, etc from that high up.

This year, I'm going to be trying out the different areas of the stadium, because it's the first year I didn't renew my tix. (I have a handshake internet deal for green parking, but I'm really looking for red if someone has it)

QFT. My father taught me this at a young age while we were sitting in Sect 524 at RFK. He could have chosen any seat in the stadium on a "seat day" and chose these Upper Deck endzone on the aisle with his buddies. The also chose the end with the baseball dugouts and it seemed like the Upper Deck pretty much hung over the field the way that it was configured.

IMO if you're sitting on the 20 you may as well be watching it on HD at home. I have been in Sect 139 the past few years at FedEx and never really loved my seats although many claim they are "desirable" ... You can't see all of the things that you have described above. There's a reason that during training camp the camera is high above an endzone.

This year I will be sitting at the top of 108 on the aisle and I have a feeling that I will like it much more with a view more similiar to what I grew up with at RFK.

I love these seats !!

If you love the game of football they are great.

You see the whole field and can watch a play develope without moving your head.

Your periphery can pick up everything.

I might chose lower down in the endzone...But...I have sat in 411 nose bleed several times...And loved it !

This year I will be sitting at the top of 108 on the aisle and I have a feeling that I will like it much more with a view more similiar to what I grew up with at RFK.

I sat in row three 100's LL endzone for one game and didn't like it at all. I am now in Section 230 row 3 and hope these are high enough to give me the view you are talking about. Looks pretty good from the pics.

I can agree with the first part of your post completely . The T.O. needs to get their S*** together . This organization needs to start taking care of the loyal Customers (STH's) request first then sell to the so called waiting list.

We STH's have been paying for years and just want to move down a few rows or over a few sections . Is it really that difficult for the Redskins to do that . I'm seriously going to have to consider letting my tickets go next year with the crap they keep pulling.

As for your other part of your post , i've been selling at least half of my tickets on this stie to other members since i joined Extremeskins, never with any problems and always at cost except for the pre-season games which i always get half price for. patience and bumping always helps :)

Think of it like a business and you'll get it. The "waiting" list has probably been wittled down to nothing.

so they probably have a lot of people "on the fence" about whether to accept or not. Most season ticket holders that have had them for years are unlikely to give them up. So they move to the back of the line... then they offer crappy tickets to new people... those who want tickets bad enough will accept.... those who stay on the fence long enough get offered better seats to entice them.

with a getting close to non-existant waiting list.... the tactic now becomes... he who wants tickets most get worst seats.... he who holds out the longest gets the best ones.

you won't get what you paid for those seats during the year, I buy a lot of those seats during the year (I basically buy season tickets through ebay). I go to about 6 games a year and I can tell you that I got 2 tickets for the cowboys game in a similar location 7 rows higher for $140 with a parking pass and thats for the highest price game of the year. I got browns tickets in row 15 endzone for $60 for 2 tickets. Last season I got LL right on the 50 yard line tickets in 200 level row 6 (BEST SEATS EVER-200 section row 1-10) for $160 for 2 and LL corner endzone row 7, 3 seats for $225 from a guy on here for the saints game. And I already bought 100 level seats row 2 for the rams game this year for face value. Oh and the robbery of my life....$85 a piece for Loge seats to the cardinals game, and I was just given tickets to the Giants game because the guy couldn't sell them.

All in all, the economy is down, people are spending less which creates less of a demand and more of a supply so the price is driven down....expect to get 75% of the value unless you are one of the lucky ones.

Archived