Extremeskins

WT 360: Lloyd now a Bronco

bubba9497

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/jun/15/lloyd-now-a-bronco/

Click link for entire article

Lloyd now a Bronco

By David Elfin on June 15, 2009

Redskins 360

In the latest proof of a sucker being born every minute, first-year Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has decided to spoil his locker room chemistry by signing receiver Brandon "Laryngitis" Lloyd.

The moody, unproductive receiver was arguably the biggest bust of the Redskins' post-Jeff George era. Transfixed by Lloyd's athleticism, Dan Snyder, Vinny Cerrato and Joe Gibbs traded for him in 2006 without seemingly checking with anyone in San Francisco who could've told the Redskins' brass that he had no work ethic and was hated by his teammates, coaches and the media that covered the 49ers.

The same scenario soon unfolded in Washington, which dumped him after two worthless seasons during which he never scored a touchdown.

Lloyd, who turns 28 next month, sort of resuscitated his career last year in Chicago under offensive coordinator Ron Turner, his coach at Illinois, with 26 catches for 364 yards and two touchdowns in 11 games.

Lloyd once excused his poor play during the Redskins' ugly 2006 season by saying he played better for winners. Trouble is that he has never played for one during his seven NFL season. And with his addition, the Broncos have sealed another season out of the playoffs.

It's always been tied for me as to who was my least favorite Redskin: Lloyd or Meion.

Lloyd, hands down. And that's saying something when he's up against that clown.

As much of a money grabbing whore that Sanders was, he was amazingly well liked within the locker room; unlike the "snitch" who did everything in his bitter power to destroy it.

Hail.

yah, like the 49'ers would have said, "Don't trade for him...he sucks" they wanted to rip us off. David Elfin's an idiot. Maybe someone else could have told us, but not the niners.

He said San Francisco, not the 49ers specifically.

Didn't the Broncos let Mike Shanahan go because of his failed personnel moves over the past several years?

Looks like Josh McDaniels is such an improvement :laugh:

Geez.........Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler?

Signing 36 year old safety Brian Dawkins to a multi-year contract on a team that is rebuilding?

Denver seems to be slipping into the gutter with the Raiders.

Lloyd actually played pretty well last season before he got hurt. I think in the right system he could be a decent receiver.

He has the talent to be a really solid receiver, which is why Saunders was enamored with him and wanted him here for his system. His problem is that he's a headcase, lazy, not a good teammate, and not interested in football.

My lord the Broncos are going to suck. They've been doing nothing but going the wrong direction since McDaniels was hired. Are they trying to compete with the Raiders for most incompetent front office?

EDIT: Hey, at least we can get some revenge. I hope Laron cleans his clock going across the middle when we play Denver, if he's still on the team at that point.

My lord the Broncos are going to suck. They've been doing nothing but going the wrong direction since McDaniels was hired. Are they trying to compete with the Raiders for most incompetent front office?

EDIT: Hey, at least we can get some revenge. I hope Laron cleans his clock going across the middle when we play Denver, if he's still on the team at that point.

You dont have to worry about Lloyd getting his clocked cleaned. He wont ever go over the middle of the field for anything

Archived